Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tip

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've just heard a big shout in The Kentucky Derby for:-

Wicked Strong - 8/1.

While on the subject of tips I'll take this opportunity to tell you what I know.

Next weekend is the start of the 3 week Giro d'Italia.
The favourite is odds on, and likely to win but those odds are crazy.

This is going to be counter intuitive but c'est la vie.

Dan Martin is fabulous value at 33/1.
Third fav Cadel Evans won't win but at 10/1 is great e/w value.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Thanks Stat. £5 on the nose for me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A quick :bounce: for those of you feeling lucky, you've got about an hour before the off.

I like Zeb have a fiver running on this very committed tip.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Done a fiver

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
You're tipping Dan Martin for a top 3 in the Giro???

I'm out then.

May be a very weak GC field and Dan's in good form.......but he can't TT for toffee. Best value by far is little Pozzovivo @ 25/1.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I'm on it. What with BHA winning and my E/W in the 2,000 guineas on Shifting Power at 33/1.......i'm feeling good.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh pooh pants, that's a shame.
The fella who did the breakdown of the race on the American sports talk radio podcast was sooooo sure, he was hard to ignore.
If its any consolation he lost a lot more money than we did.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I have just spent an hour studying the ladies in this afternoon's 1000 Guineas.

I think that the Nell Gwyn stakes provides a useful pointer. Fourth in the race , with an impeded run, came a filly called Lamar. Currently available at 270-1 with Betfair. Ridiculous odds IMHO.

Have done a double (Multiples in Betfair speak) with Mick Channon's Amralah in the first.

Feeling lucky this weekend.

TNBA

TTF

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Next weekend is the start of the 3 week Giro d'Italia.
The favourite is odds on, and likely to win but those odds are crazy.

Dan Martin is fabulous value at 33/1.

Cheers, backed Dan Martin e/w @ 33/1. Also backed Domenico Pozzovivo e/w @ 25/1 - for no other reason that he is the shortest odds rider with an Italian-sounding name :moo:

(a bit tight of bet365 only offering e/w on the first threee places btw)

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Giro Cadel's main event this year, I heard he wasn't doing Le Tour?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Giro Cadel's main event this year, I heard he wasn't doing Le Tour?

Thanks for that...as the tips were on the horse racing post, i was searching under racing. I did think Dan Martin was a strange name for a horse.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
You certainly have :lolol:

Wicked Strong had a shocker of a draw on the wide outside, ran on really well in the straight to finish fourth. No chance with the winner at that trip but it was an excellent trial for the Belmont on 7 June. He's by Hard Spun, so not really bred for a mile-and-a-half, but then nothing in the US is ever bred for 12f these days and he certainly looked like he will get it as well as anything else. It's a race that can easily cut up to a handful of runners too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wicked Strong had a shocker of a draw on the wide outside, ran on really well in the straight to finish fourth. No chance with the winner at that trip but it was an excellent trial for the Belmont on 7 June. He's by Hard Spun, so not really bred for a mile-and-a-half, but then nothing in the US is ever bred for 12f these days and he certainly looked like he will get it as well as anything else. It's a race that can easily cut up to a handful of runners too.
Blimey Mtoto you and 'my' tipster are preaching from the same hymn book.

This conversation is what drove me to NSC:-

About 5 minutes long from the 28th minute
http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=65&c=580&f=2751973

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cheers, backed Dan Martin e/w @ 33/1. Also backed Domenico Pozzovivo e/w @ 25/1 - for no other reason that he is the shortest odds rider with an Italian-sounding name :moo:

(a bit tight of bet365 only offering e/w on the first threee places btw)
You've strolled into a 'geeks' hornets nest.
[MENTION=10856]1066familyman[/MENTION] is pretty sure you've thrown your money away.

It is Cadel's main target, but his I just can't see his style of racing winning out over all of the 'mountain goats'.
But as said he's definitely worthy of an e/w place.
He'll be out in front and the question will be how many riders can pass him in the last week.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You've strolled into a 'geeks' hornets nest.
[MENTION=10856]1066familyman[/MENTION] is pretty sure you've thrown your money away.

But at the same time I happen to have coincidentally also backed [MENTION=10856]1066familyman[/MENTION] top tip, tho I'm pretty sure the reason for his tip is a bit more scientific than Pozzovivo's Italian-sounding name :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here