Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea v Bradford - most astonishing FA Cup result EVER ?

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
After that interview mouriho can come and manage here anytime he wants. Even if he wants to bring that striker with him, whats his name costa or something.

p.s arsenal are gonna be well up for 2mos now that they will now be one of the favourite's to retain the f.a cup now all the other big boys are gone

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
The cynic in me does find it a bit odd how Man city and Chelsea went out like that when both eying first place in the Prem... Fair play to Bradford and Middlesbrough though!

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Really quite extraordinary, the craziest FA Cup Weekend in my lifetime, and it's not over yet!

Like me you have got confused Crawford scored for Colchester v Leeds Hereford scorers were Ronnie Radford and Ricky George.

Of course it was! As a reward please see clip of the goals.

I got the ploughed field bit right!

..And as bonus here is Colchester v Leeds - fab sideburns!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
IMO this is the biggest FA cup shock ever.

This is Chelsea, who will probably win the Premier League by half a dozen points.

this is Chelsea, the club with strongest squad in the country by miles.

This is Chelsea, who just don't do losing at home under Jose, and certainly don't lose after being two goals up.

This is Chelsea, European Champions a couple of years ago, who may well win it again this year.

The gap between the top of the Premier League, and League One is huge these days, so yes IMO it's the biggest Cup shock ever.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bradford were magnificent

patcham seagulls

Jul 9, 2003
patcham
Bradfords result, comeback and overall performance today looked brilliant on motd.
But Chelsea did make 9 changes from their side last week. And many of the Chelsea players selected today are mercenaries who don't particularly value the fa cup until their side reaches a final.
In addition Bradford have history under Parkinson. Sat 6th in league 1, with a promotion, and a league cup run behind them.

I still think non league Sutton Utd (with a certain Paul Rogers in midfield) beating top flight Coventry (with Regis, speedie, Kilcline etc) shortly after they'd won the cup.
Or, Wrexham ( who finished 92nd the year before) beating league champions Arsenal in 91 were bigger shocks. Arsenal played a full side (seaman, Merton, Rocastle) and also took the lead in the game.
Wrexham's team then were mainly yts lads, with Mickey Thomas (really!!!) the experienced steady hand.

Essentially though it's a meaningless argument, like who's better Messi vs Ronaldo or gravy vs custard??

I can still remember Keith Cassell lead Mansfield/ Oxford (someone in yellow!!) to victory against first division bhafc at the goldstone in the early 80's. and bloody Sudbury on pens!!.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Manchester City played a full strength team... And was stuffed by boro!

Too many premier league teams exiting today, it hasn't done the f.a. Cup any favours

Is it really a major upset if you rest nine players? I agree Manchester City's result is worse.

If the FA cup winners don't get a place in the champions league no matter how much the BBC try to res-erect it , It's never coming back. Only 5,928 at Blackburn today and Swansea made 5 changes..why? Spurs resting Kane and Erikkson, they wouldn't have done that for a league game! A very bad day for the FA cup.

patcham seagulls

Jul 9, 2003
patcham
Is it really a major upset if you rest nine players? I agree Manchester City's result is worse.

If the FA cup winners don't get a place in the champions league no matter how much the BBC try to res-erect it , It's never coming back. Only 5,928 at Blackburn today and Swansea made 5 changes..why? Spurs resting Kane and Erikkson, they wouldn't have done that for a league game! A very bad day for the FA cup.

Agree with a lot of this...
It does summarise the difference, again!, between clubs and fans.
Bradford, Middlesbrough, west brom fans couldn't be happier tonight, and relishing the round 5 draw.
Chelsea , Tottenham, Man City fans are probably dreading work Monday.

patcham seagulls

Jul 9, 2003
patcham
Also the uefa cup as a prize doesn't really inspire many of the top clubs anymore.

Can't see why the uefa cup is incorporated into the champions league, in a similar fashion to how the inter toto used to operate.
Yes it would increase the qualifying rounds, but the first group stages of the champions league are normally pretty dull.
Always felt cup winners, plus 3rd, 4th and 5th could go into a knockout. With the big hitters coming into the competition later, like rd 3 of the fa cup.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
League One Bradford winning away at Premier League title favourites and league leaders Chelsea is one of the biggest shocks in itself

But when you throw in that they came from 2-0 down, against a manager who is known for his ridiculously good home record and had never seen any of his sides concede four times at home before, well it is just ridiculous

Hard to think of anything that tops it

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What about Hereford v Newcastle - 1972? Recall it was played on a ploughed field and Ray Crawford scored from within his own half (nearly)

That was the one I was thinking of.

Also Sutton United v Coventry City.

Feb 14, 2010
the Chelsea fans sung, "youve had your day out, now fck off home" .. when they were winning.. fantastic result, very very funny.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here