Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murrays on fire, your defence is terrified !

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
People need to get a grip, I'll be joining in with it again next time

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
In any other case, I'd agree it's 100% cringeworthy. But since it's Glenn Murray (with all that's happened) I find it hilarious.

Carry on.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Think many are missing the point with this one. Will Grigg's on fire is different in the sense it is very much, "WILL GRIGG's on fire". It is Wigan/Northern Ireland's song, it is his song. Stealing it is embarrassing, and not the same as taking another club's song and reappropriating it for our player, e.g we've got Knockaert...
Because this song took of in a huge way, everyone knows it as his, and Vardy's on fire got its deserving cringe reaction as theft and laziness at the Euros.

"Reappropriating"

You haven't been a football fan for long, have you?

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
What about Rhythm is a dancer tune -

Murray is a wan*ker
He's a freak of nature
He scores goals from everywhere
Put your hands together
Bla bla bla

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I honestly went cold and cringed when I heard it,one song I won't be joining in with,can't we think of something better

albionite

May 20, 2009
I honestly went cold and cringed when I heard it,one song I won't be joining in with,can't we think of something better

Ok you come up with better songs and start them off. Always someone on here moaning about one song or another.

If you don't like them do something about it.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
If it's noisy and we can all sing in time, then I'm in.

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
We're going to sing - lets go Glenda lets go at the next match, similar to the Wimbledon tennis fans who sing, lets go Laura lets go. At least no football club has come up with it.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Let me have a think. My point being jumping on the bandwagon and stealing this song is very very, cringy.

Silence in a stadium is one of the few things you could probably call 'cringey'.

Anyone got any original songs, lets have them, if not, who cares where they came from.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
God awful rip off from another club and player.
Like others have said previously it's so cringey.
Ripping off this chant is something MK Dons fans would do.

Bloody hell the variety of songs up and down the country must be so rich then.

Or do most football fans every where tend to copy other good songs do you think?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
So, the North Stand was bouncing (even my old man joined in) but now we can't sing it because Wigan sing it. Even though Newcastle and Steveange sung it before them. ...k

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Apart from being a rip off of someone else's chant, it doesn't actually scan as there are one too many syllables in Glenn Murray

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

FWIW it was just Murray's on fire. No mention of Glenn in my part of the north.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here