Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was Enoch Powell correct?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Anyone read the latest reviewed statistics on the acceleration of man made climate change lately? We have bigger problems than a couple of poles taking over your local Spar. You wait 20 years and see the climate refugees start moving across the globe. Famine, drought, flooding and soil collapse is going to scatter populations in their millions in all directions. International borders will become a relic of the past as entire nations start the exodus to safe countries. Now, that is worth taking action over.

I'm gonna bump this in August 2034.

If I have died of global warming by then, fair play to you.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
No, I don't think he was.

That's it, I'm not building on, or explaining, the reasoning behind my belief, just a simple answer that will allow me to ignore this thread knowing that I at least added an opinion. Marvellous.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I'm gonna bump this in August 2034.

If I have died of global warming by then, fair play to you.

It will be well under way by then. It is now. Over 10,000 independent studies have been conducted into climate change and they have all come to the conclusion that catastrophic climate change is occurring and it's happening a lot faster than anyone expected. One of the first things that will happen on a human scale will be mass migration, this will most certainly affect our children and likely us too. I know, for most it's too terrifying a thought so it's just brushed said but it's happening whether people choose to accept it or not.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
look out the window. is there fighting in the streets? no. he was wrong.

Maybe not around here but you've only got to pick up an Evening Standard every evening and it's worrying what goes on up in old smokey.

To illustrate my point from the front page of their website today:

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...ashed-in-the-face-broad-daylight-9698397.html
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/croydon-stabbing-death-adrian-young-first-picture-9698630.html

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
It will be well under way by then. It is now. Over 10,000 independent studies have been conducted into climate change and they have all come to the conclusion that catastrophic climate change is occurring and it's happening a lot faster than anyone expected. One of the first things that will happen on a human scale will be mass migration, this will most certainly affect our children and likely us too. I know, for most it's too terrifying a thought so it's just brushed said but it's happening whether people choose to accept it or not.

Can you link me to one of these 10,000 independent studies?

Have you read any studies which contradict your viewpoint?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
100% totally Enoch Powell was wrong from me.

Apart from anything else, when he made the speech we were not part of Europe and Europe had not itself developed to the extent that it has now, so he made the speech in a totally different environment.

True...it was a totally different environment. Idi Amin had not expelled all the Ugandan Asians and helped create a base for the largest ethnic group in the UK. Powell had not witnessed years of ' Paki bashing ' and the envious looting of local ethnic shops. He had not witnessed the chasm between first and second generation Caribbeans enticed over here with the promise of work and finding themselves completely and utterly at odds with the street-wise Indian. Frustrated by limited work opportunities, young black men turned to crime and failed to uphold the principles of their parents.
No thought was given to the incompatability of certain ethnic groups. They were expected to exist side by side in harmony. They couldn't and didn't, creating their own enclaves and areas for safety and eventually driving out the disenchanted indigenous white.
In 1968, Powell was condemned as being too extreme. Ten years later this country had changed out of all recognition.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Can you link me to one of these 10,000 independent studies?

Have you read any studies which contradict your viewpoint?

I have read a few that contradict it for sure. They make some good points, they make some daft points also. Honestly, just google for the studies. I used to take the viewpoint that it may or may not be true but I'd rather err on the side of caution. Nowadays I have come to the conclusion that it's happening and it's far too late to make any significant difference now.
There is certainly no denying that some of the worlds leading scientists have done studies concluding climate change is man made and is happening. Just a case of who you believe really.

I've read a few theories that climate change is some huge conspiracy to make us conform. I don't agree.

Quite off topic though. My main point was that the effects of it will cause mass migration which I firmly believe. Time will tell.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
look out the window. is there fighting in the streets? no. he was wrong.

Tell that to Lee Rigby's family.

When you re-read that speech he doesn't mention the vast majority of immigrants that had simply integrated into law-abiding society, taken gainful employment and paid their way.

Regardless of the morality of Powell's words, he had a vision of what Britain might become and when you consider the hundreds of British Muslim jihadists fighting for ISOL overseas that are due to return to these shores at some stage his nightmare scenario could play out.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
[MENTION=5707]Nibble[/MENTION] You seem convinced, can you at least point me towards the study that convinced you?

"I used to take the viewpoint that it may or may not be true but I'd rather err on the side of caution. Nowadays I have come to the conclusion that it's happening and it's far too late to make any significant difference now."

What changed your mind?

"There is certainly no denying that some of the worlds leading scientists have done studies concluding climate change is man made and is happening." That is rhetoric, can you link me specifically.

"I've read a few theories that climate change is some huge conspiracy to make us conform. I don't agree." Agreed.

"My main point was that the effects of it will cause mass migration which I firmly believe." - Fair assessment, but it would still depend on your overall conclusions about the climate being correct though.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
[MENTION=5707]Nibble[/MENTION] You seem convinced, can you at least point me towards the study that convinced you?

"I used to take the viewpoint that it may or may not be true but I'd rather err on the side of caution. Nowadays I have come to the conclusion that it's happening and it's far too late to make any significant difference now."

What changed your mind?

"There is certainly no denying that some of the worlds leading scientists have done studies concluding climate change is man made and is happening." That is rhetoric, can you link me specifically.

"I've read a few theories that climate change is some huge conspiracy to make us conform. I don't agree." Agreed.

"My main point was that the effects of it will cause mass migration which I firmly believe." - Fair assessment, but it would still depend on your overall conclusions about the climate being correct though.

No no, you ask a fair question. I'm on my phone at present but I will have a look for some of the studies I have seen recently.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Maybe not around here but you've only got to pick up an Evening Standard every evening and it's worrying what goes on up in old smokey.

To illustrate my point from the front page of their website today:

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...ashed-in-the-face-broad-daylight-9698397.html
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/croydon-stabbing-death-adrian-young-first-picture-9698630.html
Or this , funny how St Doreen is nowhere to be f*cking seen with this case.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-28953379

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
Over 10,000 independent studies have been conducted into climate change and they have all come to the conclusion that catastrophic climate change is occurring and it's happening a lot faster than anyone expected.

Exactly! And if anyone has any doubts about it, he/she has only to look at the photo below...

;)

Attachments

• FrenchNationalSoccerTeam-1959-2008_team_diversity_france_babylon_multikulti_unsinn_frankreich_wo.jpg
    FrenchNationalSoccerTeam-1959-2008_team_diversity_france_babylon_multikulti_unsinn_frankreich_wo.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 268

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

What changed your mind?

I have concluded a lot of scientists have concluded that they have all made a very good living. Added to which there's nowt wrong that a good hard winter wont resolve especially as we now have undersoil heating at the training ground and the Amex, Bring it on!!!

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
We made allot of countries British wuth the empire and many countries such as india fought in the world wars etc and as we made yjem british shirley they have a right to come to britian, the eastern europeans however........

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
We made allot of countries British wuth the empire and many countries such as india fought in the world wars etc and as we made yjem british shirley they have a right to come to britian, the eastern europeans however........

It's quite a Hobson's choice, isn't it? I mean, the Eastern Europeans are white, but they don't have much in the way of roots in the Anglosphere.
But all those other people -- I mean they play cricket, often to a very high standard, and speak various sorts of English, and their forbears fought and died for the King-Emperor -- but my god, have you seen how dark they are?

I think the way forward is not to choose -- that would be invidious.

The fair thing to do is toss both lots out.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Have you been to Southall recently, or Luton, or Bradford?

I live in Birmingham a place with an incredibly high population of asian/english peoples. 99% of them intergrate absolutely fine but of course people only care about the 1% who don't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here