Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] First TORY minister named as .......

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
With the pro labour propaganda children are being subjected to at school it is inevitable that voting patterns will shift to the left .
I think that pro Labour " propaganda " is evident in almost any interaction between our dwindling public services and the public that use them. It's not just education that is suffering cuts remember.

Recently on holiday in Penzance the public toilets have mostly been locked up as the local council can't afford to maintain them. They are locked but with signs up saying they are available for " sponsorship " if a deal can be struck. A further sad reflection of our time.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Priti Patel has been replaced by Penny Mourdant. Having researched Patel's background as a lobbyist for big tobacco and realising that she's always been a c*nt, I thought Id see what awful stuff is hiding away in Mourdant's closet.

But damn it if she doesn't appear to be a rather good person:

When Mordaunt was 15, her mother died of breast cancer. Mordaunt's twin brother left school, whilst she became carer to Edward. The following year her father was diagnosed with cancer, from which he recovered. To pay her way through sixth-form college, Mordaunt became a magician's assistant to Portsmouth magician Will Ayling, once president of The Magic Circle

She has attributed her interest in politics to her experiences working in hospitals and orphanages of post-revolutionary Romania in her gap year, after the 1989 revolution. She graduated from the University of Reading with a BA in philosophy in 1995, becoming the first member of her family to attend university.

She was a director at the Community Fund which merged administratively with the New Opportunities Fund to create the Big Lottery Fund. In 2006, Mordaunt became Director of Diabetes UK.

In 2014, Mordaunt became only the second woman in Elizabeth II's reign (the first being Lady Tweedsmuir in 1957) to propose the loyal address in reply to the Queen's speech from the throne, and made reference to Tweedsmuir's comments about wanting more female involvement in Parliament. Mordaunt remarked “I have benefited from some excellent training by the Royal Navy, but on one occasion I felt that it was not as bespoke as it might have been. Fascinating though it was, I felt that the lecture and practical demonstration on how to care for the penis and testicles in the field failed to appreciate that some of us attending had been issued with the incorrect kit.”

Mordaunt is a Royal Naval Reservist, serving as an acting sub-lieutenant, at HMS King Alfred on Whale Island.

ah, here we go:

The couple breed Burmese cats and have several cats themselves
bitch

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Priti Patel has been replaced by Penny Mourdant. Having researched Patel's background as a lobbyist for big tobacco and realising that she's always been a c*nt, I thought Id see what awful stuff is hiding away in Mourdant's closet.

ah, here we go:

bitch

she looked very good in a swimming cozzie in Splash!!! ( I am joking before the nazis come on here telling me off as she is a serious politician and a woman)

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
So this individual experience from a single teacher, which may or may not have been taken slightly out of context by a 15 year old, led to this generalised statement regarding nationwide voting patterns of the young...and you're complaining about propaganda...

Can't see where I was complaining ?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

ah, here we go:

bitch

Interesting backstory.

'The daughter of a paratrooper and a special needs teacher, Ms Mordaunt has two brothers, Edward and James, who is her twin, and has lived in her home town of Portsmouth since the age of two.
She was educated at Oaklands RC Comprehensive School and was the first member of her family to go to university.
Before studying philosophy at Reading university, she worked as a magician's assistant for a local member of the Magic Circle, Will Ayling, author of The Art of Illusion and Oriental Conjuring and Magic.
She says on her website that she first became interested in politics working in hospitals and orphanages in post-revolutionary Romania during her gap year ..... Before entering the world of Westminster politics, she was a press officer for Kensington and Chelsea Council and the Freight Transport Association, when she supported British truckers during French blockades.
She has also worked in the charity sector as a director of the Big Lottery Fund and Diabetes UK, where she set up services in developing countries particularly prone to the condition.'

As you say the closet looks empty but the chest ..

penny.jpg

(shocking sexism) I resign

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I think that pro Labour " propaganda " is evident in almost any interaction between our dwindling public services and the public that use them. It's not just education that is suffering cuts remember.

Recently on holiday in Penzance the public toilets have mostly been locked up as the local council can't afford to maintain them. They are locked but with signs up saying they are available for " sponsorship " if a deal can be struck. A further sad reflection of our time.

But I dare say the local councillors have had nice,inflation proof,increases in their pay and expenses.

D

Deleted member 22389

You mean another pathological Tory Brexit liar as well as killing off a few more disabled people in her last job

They are all the same

#nastyparty

Your right they are all the same and that includes the labour party. You want to make life better, you have to do that yourself. Nobody is going to help you. About time we all took responsibility for things like the NHS, and pay a bit more money to use it, so the services improve and keep fing politics out of it.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
You mean another pathological Tory Brexit liar as well as killing off a few more disabled people in her last job

They are all the same

#nastyparty

I don't know of the 'disabled killing' you talk of, so maybe I can change my mind. But fundamentally, they're not all the same. I'll never vote Tory, but just to dismiss them all as evil, and their voters likewise, is the biggest mistake the left makes. Most of their voters are perfectly normal people, and understanding why they vote the way they do is the first step to winning their votes in future.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Why would they be astounded at this? I would have thought that it was entirely predictable that folk in these areas would vote labour.

You would have thought wrong then.

There's always been historically low turnouts and disinterest/disengagement in politics in those areas - This is Hastings and Rye Labour Party members and Momentum activists saying they were astounded at the response there too - people on the ground knocking at doors. People in those areas have historically been Labour's Achilles heel in Hastings and Rye - they don't come out to vote. They do now and there'll be even more of them next time.:thumbsup:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003

There's always been historically low turnouts and disinterest/disengagement in politics in those areas - This is Hastings and Rye Labour Party members and Momentum activists saying they were astounded at the response there too - people on the ground knocking at doors. People in those areas have historically been Labour's Achilles heel in Hastings and Rye - they don't come out to vote. They do now and there'll be even more of them next time.:thumbsup:

Its interesting isn't it. They say there are two ways to win an election, you change people's minds or you change the electorate. With typical turnouts of 65% there is a lot more room to do the latter than people may think

Corbyn might struggle to change minds but he's certainly changing the electorate, large numbers of people that didn't vote before coming out to support him. Makes sense too.

D

Deleted member 22389

Its interesting isn't it. They say there are two ways to win an election, you change people's minds or you change the electorate. With typical turnouts of 65% there is a lot more room to do the latter than people may think

Corbyn might struggle to change minds but he's certainly changing the electorate, large numbers of people that didn't vote before coming out to support him. Makes sense too.

Well I can't see why people are coming out to support Corbyn, I really can't but each to their own. Personally I think anything he or the Labour party promise will not change a thing. We are far too down the line.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I don't know of the 'disabled killing' you talk of, so maybe I can change my mind. But fundamentally, they're not all the same. I'll never vote Tory, but just to dismiss them all as evil, and their voters likewise, is the biggest mistake the left makes. Most of their voters are perfectly normal people, and understanding why they vote the way they do is the first step to winning their votes in future.

Will you please stop posting common sense on here!

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Which is precisely what I was getting at.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Absolutely. For Hastings & Rye, the same applies to many other constituencies across the country. The size of the Labour Party and the numbers on the ground and the places they can knock on doors and call at, the people they can engage with - The Tories cannot compete with that aspect.

Take the Farley Bank Estate in Hastings - it's the 13th most deprived neighbourhood in the whole of The UK. I've been there once in my life and I was born in Hastings and grew up in the area - because if you don't have any business going there, you don't go there. There are adults there who are 3rd generation of families who've known nothing other than existing on benefits. There are plenty of other places like Farley Bank in The UK. It won't be people in blue rosettes knocking at their doors getting them out to vote in the future.

"Turnout in the council estates is very high." Iain Duncan-Smith purred on Brexit vote night. I get the distinct impression he wont be so happy with the council estate turnout and how they voted at the next general election.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

There is a rumour that Ernst Stavro Blowhard is a troll, adopting a faux 'old labour' persona for comedy value.

Oh, how we laughed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here