Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
The way I see it now with Chequers dead is that the FTA that Rees-Mogg et al would prefer does not solve Northern Ireland. If Northern Ireland is not solved, then there's no FTA anyway and no transition, therefore it's no deal, but despite Rees-Mogg et al being perfectly happy with that, the reality is that no deal is not sustainable and if there isn't to be a second referendum/peoples vote, all roads then point to The EEA, for a time limited period to begin with at least to bring life support to the self inflicted injuries we've brought upon ourselves, which beggars the question, what was the point of this whole farcical charade in the first place?
the vote was to leave the EU, that's what's going to happen, it's what the vote was for ,deal with it you've had plenty of time despite your bravado
regards
DR

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
the vote was to leave the EU, that's what's going to happen, it's what the vote was for ,deal with it you've had plenty of time despite your bravado
regards
DR

Go back to the book you're trying to read and have another go at some colouring in.

Jan 30, 2008
There are many things I would like to see change within the EU but myself and 48% of the country could foresee this omni-shambles. We knew why the ref was called in the first place, to save Cameron's party. We knew nobody's heart would be in it. The EU would ride us hard and that the Tories would never be able to deliver a good deal, they are just too arrogant and unlikeable.

Unfortunately 52% of the people either lacked the foresight to see this coming, were too blinded by prospect of getting shot of some foreigners or saw it totally but their anti immigration agenda was just too strong for them to resist.

Leave voters have much to be thoroughly ashamed off. Time for some contrition from leave voters now while the 48% try and make the best of this and see if we can't get you a second vote, clear up your mess for you. Bear with us, just pipe down and let us concentrate. Thank you.
pure fantasy
regards
DR

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Macron,the leader of a country with 22% youth unemployment to an unemployed trained gardener-"just cross the road.I'm sure there is a cafe with a vacancy".Got his family's snouts in the trough with him now and doesn't care.

Today Macron said:-

[tweet]1042770821859758081[/tweet]

Nice to know Macron is a follower of me on here, as this was the question I asked earlier in the week.

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Pompous nonsense. The amount we pay in and free movement of people are two massive issues that haven’t changed for the 52%.

Bobbins. I doubt you had a clue what we pay in before the Leave campaign lied to you about it. I bet you couldn't tell me now without googling it and I bet you couldn't tell me how that saved money is going to be spent for the benefit of the UK. Clueless.

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
OK, genuinely no Googling, we pay in something like £17bn a year and get about a third of it back. I’m sure I’m wrong, but also fairly confident I’m close enough not to be clueless.

It’s a simple maths issue. You don’t stay in a club where the membership fee outweighs the benefits by at least 3 to 1 without some fairly hefty incentives. The EU had the chance to give us that incentive in 2016 but instead they told Cameron to do one. It’s their fault, it’s just been made 100 times worse by our calamitous PM.

I don’t want to see this, but surely we are going to a general election now with a full on Leaver in charge of the Blues. May’s wishy washy middle ground isn’t achieving anything for anyone.

The money is distributed to reduce wealth disparity. ie it takes from the richest and gives to the poorest. Tories are not likely to do the same considering they are the richest.

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
All very noble but we’ve got enough things in this country to spend £10bn a year on.

It’s no different to a business offering perks and discounts to its best customers to keep them coming back. The EU should have given us an end to free movement in 2016 in recognition of what we pay in and the mood of the country. That mistake is the single biggest cause of Brexit and the mess we are now in.

You seem confident we are going to see any of that 17bn.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
Apr 5, 2014
Can someone clarify the exact current position. I know we offered about £39bn or so plus add ons but what has been offered in return?

I think we signed Andone in the end....

WATFORD zero

Jul 10, 2003
Can someone clarify the exact current position. I know we offered about £39bn or so plus add ons but what has been offered in return?

I assume you are talking about the 'divorce bill'. This is what we had already committed pay in our last round of negotiations with the EU before Brexit (give or take a few bn between friends ?).

I think you know that we get nothing for what we have already committed to, but pulling payments we have already agreed to may make the next round of trade negotiations interesting with either the EU or WTO.

(And if you look at trading figures and WTO tariffs and you will see 39bn is chicken feed).

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
If you are going to try and catch someone else out with the same thing again, at least go to the effort

Introduce 'The European Union (Withdrawal) Act' into a conversation about ongoing trade deals calling it 'the article 50 withdrawal “deal”'
Then drop the Article 50 and call it 'the withdrawal agreement "deal"'
Then don't answer the question 'Is this 'Withdraw article 50' or something else you've made up'

And then deliver the punchline.

It works much better that way :thumbsup:

(Let us know when you've decided what you want, no deal or Chequers as it will save us keep asking)

You complete clueless berk.
I didnt introduce 'The European Union (Withdrawal) Act' into the conversation,i never mentioned it once.This is your fabrication.
Anyone with half a brain knows( except you) the Article 50 withdrawal agreement "deal" (however you want to word it) is a clear reference to the Withdrawal Agreement between the European Union and the United Kingdom not our own parliamentary legislation.
Here is a draft of it.The 80% of it agreed represented by the parts highlighted in green.
https://ec.europa.eu/commission/sites/beta-political/files/draft_agreement_coloured.pdf

I know you dont understand what is going on, highlighted by the fact you wrongly thought the chequers proposal WAS the withdrawal agreement
Because that IS the chequers plan that is 80% completed :facepalm:
:
and didnt realise the chequers policy proposal addresses the future relationship......hence its official title.....“THE FUTURE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE UNITED KINGDOM AND THE EUROPEAN UNION”,and clearly cant comprehend the withdrawal agreement and the future relationship whilst linked are separate entities but dont make stuff up to mask your own failings.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
O dear

Tusk says the EU27 agreed there would be no Brexit agreement without a workable solution to the Irish border problem.

They agreed there should be “as much clarity as possible” on the future trade relationship. He says the single market must be protected and that the Chequers plans for economic cooperation will no work because they would undermine it.

Tusk says Chequers plan for trade not acceptable because it will undermine single market.
And he says the October summit will be “the moment of truth” when EU leaders will decide if there is enough agreement to justify going on and striking an agrement in November.

Tusk say the October summit will be the “moment of truth” for the Brexit process.

You can see all of the crew lining up to blame the eu when this all goes tits!

Seemly it is all their fault that people voted for brexit, and they should roll over to whatever we want.

People haven't a clue!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here