Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Three new craft beer bars opening soon in Brighton

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Elder Place is a bizarre location for a pub surely

I believe Holler are opening a brewery there (don't know if that's in addition to their Uckfield one or instead of).

The pub/bar will be attached to the brewery.

Brewery tap rooms are often in non-traditional places for pubs (eg the Magic Rock one is on an industrial estate on the edge of Huddersfield) and at least this one is only a few yards from London Road.

Oct 25, 2003
I believe Holler are opening a brewery there (don't know if that's in addition to their Uckfield one or instead of).

The pub/bar will be attached to the brewery.

Brewery tap rooms are often in non-traditional places for pubs (eg the Magic Rock one is on an industrial estate on the edge of Huddersfield) and at least this one is only a few yards from London Road.

Fair enough that makes sense.

Also intrigued by the sports bar/craft beer combo- new for Brighton I believe. Very few places to watch sport in Brighton that isn’t tiny and/or a dive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Also intrigued by the sports bar/craft beer combo- new for Brighton I believe. Very few places to watch sport in Brighton that isn’t tiny and/or a dive

Agreed - I've long said it's bizarre how pubs where you can watch football are often pretty poor in most areas, most notably drink selection and food quality.

In a similar vein, pubs for families - with play areas and the like - are also often places you otherwise would not visit with shit drinks and bought-in food that goes into a microwave or a deep fat fryer.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Agreed - I've long said it's bizarre how pubs where you can watch football are often pretty poor in most areas, most notably drink selection and food quality.
Oo
In a similar vein, pubs for families - with play areas and the like - are also often places you otherwise would not visit with shit drinks and bought-in food that goes into a microwave or a deep fat fryer.
Could that be because the nature of the pubs being family or children orientated suggest that the vast majority of clients will not consider themselves to be connisseurs of beer or food just buy what they like and more to the point what they can afford with a family. If they wish for better it is a baby sitter job and the parents go out just the two of them or in adult company. Not with their children

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a frequent traveler across the pond I assume you also find the phrase 'sports bar' when related to England, somewhat comical.

I went into one in America, literally (and I mean that most sincerely folks) a bazillion TV screens showing every sport imaginable.
Wall to wall pool tables.
Various sports themed amusements, punch bag etc.
It even had an electronic putting green, think ground level pinball.
Then round the corner was a half court basketball pitch.

Not quite an English sports bar which consists of a big telly showing snooker with the sound off.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
How can you have an American IPA?
And why list something as an Indian IPA?

If they don’t even know what the I in IPA stands for then I’ll be swerving their establishment.

I must admit an Indian IPA is a bit of an oversight, a bit like Apple Hooch... which was Cider as a base anyway.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I often laugh about the " Deep Fried Catch of the Day " … no one ever seems to catch a nice Bass or a juicy Hake ? And, whatever it is they allegedly cover in their artisanal Beer Batter, It certainly WAS NOT caught on the day you order it at the bar !

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I often laugh about the " Deep Fried Catch of the Day " … no one ever seems to catch a nice Bass or a juicy Hake ? And, whatever it is they allegedly cover in their artisanal Beer Batter, It certainly WAS NOT caught on the day you order it at the bar !

Time for a ‘Sea Bass’ rant Vegster ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Pickles

May 5, 2014

Do you mean Sea Bass?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here