Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Really? I assumed it was today!

Fortunately not. I had a sore throat interfere with sleep last night and it ain't much better yet. Red wine, cider and lager should help with sleep tonight before the final training session tomorrow.

We are now looking likely to return to SW France next summmer. When are you out there and are there any 58s to be hired? I would fukken love a guided tour of your french manor.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
My latest cycling injury. I was chasing a transit down a little hill when something hit me in the mouth and in the nanosecond before spitting it out, it (bee or wasp) managed to sting me behind the lip. Sir Julian removed the little Eiffel Tower thing left behind. The stripey swine.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
My latest cycling injury. I was chasing a transit down a little hill when something hit me in the mouth and in the nanosecond before spitting it out, it (bee or wasp) managed to sting me behind the lip. Sir Julian removed the little Eiffel Tower thing left behind. The stripey swine.

Have you ever considered taking up another sport. :D I have after another wrecked ride today. :annoyed:

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Have you ever considered taking up another sport. :D I have after another wrecked ride today. :annoyed:

Not like you to snap a chain. :whistle:

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
DnO-Yr4W0AAwuF5.jpg

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Fortunately not. I had a sore throat interfere with sleep last night and it ain't much better yet. Red wine, cider and lager should help with sleep tonight before the final training session tomorrow.

We are now looking likely to return to SW France next summmer. When are you out there and are there any 58s to be hired? I would fukken love a guided tour of your french manor.

Hi mate. We are there for lots of July and September and all of August - but let me know when you want to go! Yes, a mate rents out high quality bikes (a friend of mine rented a Pinarello 58) for only about 22 euros per day.

Let me know when you know what you'd like to do!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This should be headlines on all our papers in the morning but I bet it isn't.
If any if them took the time to fit a bell on their bikes, they would be all over the front pages.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
After a terrible start in the sadle I grew into cycling and completed my 46 mile charity bike ride last Sunday, raised somwhere near £2,000 for the childrens trust.

I cant pretend I enjoyed it, but I am considering the London to Brighton, Would this be worth my time as I heard mixed things?

For those interested I did the 46 miles in 3 hours 21, I was fairly happy considering I only started cycling in July and Had three practice cycles no longer than 20 miles previously.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
After a terrible start in the sadle I grew into cycling and completed my 46 mile charity bike ride last Sunday, raised somwhere near £2,000 for the childrens trust.

I cant pretend I enjoyed it, but I am considering the London to Brighton, Would this be worth my time as I heard mixed things?

For those interested I did the 46 miles in 3 hours 21, I was fairly happy considering I only started cycling in July and Had three practice cycles no longer than 20 miles previously.

I’ve never done The London to Brighton ride do can’t really comment, but having a challenge to go for will motivate you to ride more which is not a bad thing. Well done on the ride Sunday, and a great amount of money raised too.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Chapeau (well done) :lol: .

London to Brighton is ok but seriously hectic, at least until the M25, after which it's downhill all the way!

It's a very good starting point as after the mad scramble it should be a lovely safe ride on closed roads.
You'll also get plenty off ohh's & ahh's if you manage Ditchling Beacon, although again if you're not there early enough I believe that's also impossible to ride.
[MENTION=22214]banjo[/MENTION] is right though, having a target is a great motivational tool, as you've clearly found out.
What didn't you enjoy about Sunday's ride?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Top stuff [MENTION=4667]Munkfish[/MENTION].

I'm tempted to suggest you swerve the L2B as it wouldn't be a challenge for you, but its still a bit of a thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here