Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia tonight

D

Deleted member 18477

Our defence also needs sorting out, if our defence is our strongest position, then thats ****ing scary after the last two games.

Best form of defence... Attack.

We need to sort our attack out. We had it right at the end. I think the saints players got distracted by Locadia and that created space for the others...

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Way to kick a man when he's down.

Yes he was poor today, to the point of it being comical, but when your confidence is shot it can make everything go wrong for you.

I hope he comes good at some point, he certainly has work to do, but while he wears the stripes I will only wish him better fortune, fortune is certainly something he hasn't had much of so far.

We should have Andone as an option going forward, Locadia will have to get his head down in training and work hard to earn the right to play, if he can do that then fair play to him.

One great performace doesn't make a world beater, and one awful performance doesn't make a donkey either.

He's got work to do though, no question. But let's not add to his lack of confidence by getting on his back. Everyone deserved some criticism today.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The poor bloke doesn't play for the u23s and doesn't play for the first team. How is he meant to be anywhere near match fitness or sharpness? Personally I blame Hughton.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I do find it incredible that some peeps would like to concentrate on a perceived poor 18 minutes and not coming back from 2/0 away from home....but hey ho

(excluding your black humour SB)

He was shit for 18 minutes.
Other players were shit for 90.
On balance we were shit.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Way to kick a man when he's down.

Yes he was poor today, to the point of it being comical, but when your confidence is shot it can make everything go wrong for you.

I hope he comes good at some point, he certainly has work to do, but while he wears the stripes I will only wish him better fortune, fortune is certainly something he hasn't had much of so far.

We should have Andone as an option going forward, Locadia will have to get his head down in training and work hard to earn the right to play, if he can do that then fair play to him.

One great performace doesn't make a world beater, and one awful performance doesn't make a donkey either.

He's got work to do though, no question. But let's not add to his lack of confidence by getting on his back. Everyone deserved some criticism today.

Clearly everyone wants him to do well, it’s about a lot more than that however. Unfortunately he lacks touch, pass and heading ability. Add composure, positional sense and most likely confidence to that list and he shouldn’t be at our club let alone on the pitch. We need to work hard to find him a loan club overseas and bring in a replacement come January. He’s simply not good enough, not nearly so if Hemed and Baldock weren’t, both of whom are far better players IMO.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
On balance we were shit.

Yeah, another bloody away defeat.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If Hughton hadn't managed the team so poorly Jurgen would have had a better chance to make an impact.

But steady though. Any more Enrest impersonations and you'll be on ignore, me laddio.

:flounce::flounce::flounce::flounce::flounce::flounce::whistle::glare::kiss::lolol:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Our defence also needs sorting out, if our defence is our strongest position, then thats ****ing scary after the last two games.

Let's face it, we are talking about the first half tonight. I would say that our entire Midfield probably put in the worst shift I have seen in a long time.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
He must have done well in Holland for the club to spend the money that they did on him. I do remember he scored on his debut v Coventry as well. He was quite comical in his cameo tonight though.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
We bought Locadia and Gross last season.

If you think that Gross cost £15M and Locadia cost £3M it doesn't feel so bad.

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
Locadia is not showing anything to suggest he should get a start...sadly I think it’s just one of those signings that turn out to be a flop....

You cant blame his attitude . Yes he looked a bit out of place but there were some good signs . The header and some real strength. So give him a chance. My view is he ll start scoring soon and hes a 12 goal man this season.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Best form of defence... Attack.

We need to sort our attack out. We had it right at the end. I think the saints players got distracted by Locadia and that created space for the others...
I forget which game it was over the weekend but the general consensus was that a couple of players on one team were constantly looking to make things happen by either closing down, running into space or getting involved in everything. Locadia shows none of those qualities.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Let's face it, we are talking about the first half tonight. I would say that our entire Midfield probably put in the worst shift I have seen in a long time.

Conclusion in our house too. Dreadful, inept, diabolical and that’s just for starters. Knocky a side, we could have made 3 subs during HT and even pleaded to the ref to allow a 4th on compassionate grounds.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
We finished tonight with an XI that was near enough what I would start with in these away games.

Ryan
Montoya
Duffy
Dunk
Bong (I would start Balogun here)
Stephens
Knockaert
Pröpper
Bissouma ( (I would put Gross here and bring on Bissouma after 60 minutes if we are losing)
Jahanbakhshat
Murray (maybe start Andone and bring on Muzza after 60 minutes)

I do think we need to start with a different XI away from home against Spurs and Man City....we would have been 4 down to both with our first half performance today.

TNBA

TTF

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
On balance we were shit.

Other players were sub par, he was absolutely pony. I always liked Baldock, offers miles more imho. At least Hemed is under contract still, he wouldnt be good enough to start week in/out, but hes a lot better player and goalscorer than Jurgen Flop.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here