Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Coriander

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
No, I thought cilantro was just a word Americans used for coriander, that they were synoyms. It appears more correctly that cilantro is the leaves, and coriander the seeds.

Not in the UK. Coriander refers to the leaves and the seeds. The text you posted was written by an American. Look how they've spelled flavour.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I’m one of the people who has the genes which make Coriander taste like soap/washing up liquid.

Having said that, I am now able to eat small amounts of the herb in a dish, as long as it’s not too overpowering. It really is an unpleasant little plant, and could quite easily do without it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just bought some coriander today for some Thai cooking. Improves very many Asian dishes.

Dried coriander leaves in a chilli con carne and fresh coriander leaves on the top when served. Delicious.

I thought cilantro was just Spanish for coriander.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I’m one of the people who has the genes which make Coriander taste like soap/washing up liquid.

Having said that, I am now able to eat small amounts of the herb in a dish, as long as it’s not too overpowering. It really is an unpleasant little plant, and could quite easily do without it.
Ordered some nachos in a Mexican restaurant last week and the only thing you could taste was the heaps of coriander ffs!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here