Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
What promises did he make then? I only know the one and that was to leave the EU. Farage has completed his job. Not a lot more he can do really when the government didn't want to include him.

There's a reason they didn't want to include him. It's the same reason he couldn't make it in The Tory Party in the early 1990's and left. It's the same reason he's never won a Westminster seat - Brexit happened despite him, not because of him. Granted, he appealed to a lot of people, but he was a populist, chancing, nasty, oddball, charlatan. It wasn't just to drag Cameron over the line to hold a referendum that Reckless and Carswell joined UKIP - it was to detoxify it and legitimise it as well. Most of my friends voted leave - they have exactly the same opinion of Farage as I do.

Brexit happened because of The Tories being at war for 25 years after Thatcher over Europe, aided by a right wing press promulgating their anti-EU slant and immigration hysteria, that all hit the perfect storm of austerity and it's aftermath, with Farage appealing to a great many, but nowhere near all.

He can sit there now, massaging his egoo in all it's narcissistic glory claiming that he won - but he's devoid of all responsibility of clearing this mess up that happened despite him, not because of him. That's ultimately because he's a ****.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
there's a reason they didn't want to include him. It's the same reason he couldn't make it in the tory party in the early 1990's and left. It's the same reason he's never won a westminster seat - brexit happened despite him, not because of him. Granted, he appealed to a lot of people, but he was a populist, chancing, nasty, oddball, charlatan. It wasn't just to drag cameron over the line to hold a referendum that reckless and carswell joined ukip - it was to detoxify it and legitimise it as well. Most of my friends voted leave - they have exactly the same opinion of farage as i do.

Brexit happened because of the tories being at war for 25 years after thatcher over europe, aided by a right wing press promulgating their anti-eu slant and immigration hysteria, that all hit the perfect storm of austerity and it's aftermath, with farage appealing to a great many, but nowhere near all.

He can sit there now, massaging his egoo in all it's narcissistic glory claiming that he won - but he's devoid of all responsibility of clearing this mess up that happened despite him, not because of him. That's ultimately because he's a ****.

post of the week

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Today the media is going into overdrive on the consequences of No Deal and - because there's no implementation period with a No Deal - the impending cliff edge that will arise in just 28 weeks time.

The much derided "Project Fear" of June 2016 looks fairly tame by comparison.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
There's a reason they didn't want to include him. It's the same reason he couldn't make it in The Tory Party in the early 1990's and left. It's the same reason he's never won a Westminster seat - Brexit happened despite him, not because of him. Granted, he appealed to a lot of people, but he was a populist, chancing, nasty, oddball, charlatan. It wasn't just to drag Cameron over the line to hold a referendum that Reckless and Carswell joined UKIP - it was to detoxify it and legitimise it as well. Most of my friends voted leave - they have exactly the same opinion of Farage as I do.

Brexit happened because of The Tories being at war for 25 years after Thatcher over Europe, aided by a right wing press promulgating their anti-EU slant and immigration hysteria, that all hit the perfect storm of austerity and it's aftermath, with Farage appealing to a great many, but nowhere near all.

That's no more than a personal view on a politician you can't abide, if we were all set homework this weekend on 'a politician you you don't like and why' it might look very similar .........

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
All Farage had was a bus, some leaflets and he went out to meet real people. He helped get us a referendum, and won it too. He completed what he set out to do all those years ago. I would say that makes him a winner.

What promises did he make then? I only know the one and that was to leave the EU. Farage has completed his job. Not a lot more he can do really when the government didn't want to include him.

This really is a mythology he has helped create around himself. The Tories has been split over the EU since Farage was still at school starting fascist youth groups. The Tory party got the referendum, and the Tory party Project Fear or whatever else you want to call it won or lost it depending on your view point. Farage had nothing to do with the bus, the only thing he had was a despicable Nazi propaganda like photo of a line of people. For you or anyone to attribute this to Farage is frankly laughable. He had the pick of any constituency he thought he could win and he couldn't even get elected mp. He had little input into the Leave campaign which was carefully orchestrated by Dominic Cummings and they kept Farage at arms length, Boris was thrust out by Leave in the final weeks simply to keep Farage off the telly. He's claimed it of course, and his acolytes, but the reality is a very different story.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
All Farage had was a bus, some leaflets and he went out to meet real people. He helped get us a referendum, and won it too. He completed what he set out to do all those years ago. I would say that makes him a winner.

or this.

The Clamp

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Spread the fear hope to get it stopped. Something your mob have been doing since before and after the referendum.

Good. The referendum was won based on lies and fear and underhanded tactics . Only fair we use every trick we have to to get it overturned. Unfortunately all this “fear” is actually becoming increasingly likely , no matter how much you deny it.

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Farage still draws a a salary and has chosen to receive his EU pension. How anyone could think he is anything but a loud mouthed, money-grubbing, hypocrite is baffling.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
That's no more than a personal view on a politician you can't abide, if we were all set homework this weekend on 'a politician you you don't like and why' it might look very similar .........

That's really true though, is it.

Let's look at what MoS said

There's a reason they didn't want to include him. - True, he wasn't part of the official Leave campain
It's the same reason he couldn't make it in The Tory Party in the early 1990's and left. Partly true - he did leave the Tory party but it may not have been because he couldn't make it as an MP. He certainly has ambitions there he's stood for parliament seven times

Brexit happened despite him, not because of him. True, see point 1

Granted, he appealed to a lot of people, but he was a populist, chancing, nasty, oddball, charlatan.- Personal opinion
It wasn't just to drag Cameron over the line to hold a referendum that Reckless and Carswell joined UKIP - it was to detoxify it and legitimise it as well. True - Carswell, in particular, loathes Farage and made it plain that he opposed his vision

Most of my friends voted leave - they have exactly the same opinion of Farage as I do. True - he should know what his friends think

Brexit happened because of The Tories being at war for 25 years after Thatcher over Europe,
True - remember John Major's troubles
aided by a right wing press promulgating their anti-EU slant and immigration hysteria, - True, no-one can deny the right wing press (save The Times) is fervently anti-Eu
that all hit the perfect storm of austerity and it's aftermath - True

He can sit there now, massaging his egoo in all it's narcissistic glory claiming that he won
- True
but he's devoid of all responsibility of clearing this mess up that happened despite him, not because of him - True, unless you're claiming that negotiations are all proceeding smoothly and there's no mess

That's ultimately because he's a ****. Personal View

So, pretty much 90% of what MoS wrote is factually accurate and not personal opinion at all, Yes, there are some choice words used but if any politician deserves them, it's Farage

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

What a stupid thing to say. You may as well say that to anyone saying anything disparaging about a politician.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That's really true though, is it.

Let's look at what MoS said

There's a reason they didn't want to include him. - True, he wasn't part of the official Leave campain
It's the same reason he couldn't make it in The Tory Party in the early 1990's and left. Partly true - he did leave the Tory party but it may not have been because he couldn't make it as an MP. He certainly has ambitions there he's stood for parliament seven times

Brexit happened despite him, not because of him. True, see point 1

Granted, he appealed to a lot of people, but he was a populist, chancing, nasty, oddball, charlatan.- Personal opinion
It wasn't just to drag Cameron over the line to hold a referendum that Reckless and Carswell joined UKIP - it was to detoxify it and legitimise it as well. True - Carswell, in particular, loathes Farage and made it plain that he opposed his vision

Most of my friends voted leave - they have exactly the same opinion of Farage as I do. True - he should know what his friends think

Brexit happened because of The Tories being at war for 25 years after Thatcher over Europe,
True - remember John Major's troubles
aided by a right wing press promulgating their anti-EU slant and immigration hysteria, - True, no-one can deny the right wing press (save The Times) is fervently anti-Eu
that all hit the perfect storm of austerity and it's aftermath - True

He can sit there now, massaging his egoo in all it's narcissistic glory claiming that he won
- True
but he's devoid of all responsibility of clearing this mess up that happened despite him, not because of him - True, unless you're claiming that negotiations are all proceeding smoothly and there's no mess

That's ultimately because he's a ****. Personal View

So, pretty much 90% of what MoS wrote is factually accurate and not personal opinion at all, Yes, there are some choice words used but if any politician deserves them, it's Farage

:lolol:

I’m soooooo looking forward to [MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION]s reply. Remember, you have up to 5 days to reply :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And yes, I am back. I had a nice lunch, currywurst mit pommes and mayo, and my head is looking sharp and perfumed and ready for the wine bar.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
And yes, I am back. I had a nice lunch, currywurst mit pommes and mayo, and my head is looking sharp and perfumed and ready for the wine bar.

Ah, curryworst. I miss it. I have never found the right sauce in the UK no matter where I’ve looked from Lidl to Aldi, from M&S to Waitrose. Not even the supposed authentic sausage trailer that appears around Christmas time in Brighton has got it just right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here