Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45516678
More shit from carney. Could. Might. May.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Let us not forget the perceived culpability of our fiscal planning not being robust enough in 2008. I hardly think the head of the Bank of England isn't going to be covering his stumps with a straight bat at this point. Let's just hope he is wrong I guess.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Leave won, Remain lost, there isn't going to be a 2nd 'peoples referendum' ....we're out

Climb on board the Brexit express Clampy it's leaving the station..... choo choo

There are multiple Brexit trains people voted for heading in various directions out of the station without confirmed destinations. Which one are you on?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Leave won, Remain lost, there isn't going to be a 2nd 'peoples referendum' ....we're out

Climb on board the Brexit express Clampy it's leaving the station..... choo choo

Thanks for that. When you posted that video, I thought it may be a bit of clever satire by someone's second account.

I can now see it wasn't :lolol:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
By the way has anyone else been looking at where their food comes from? I smell bullshit on this notion that we are going to run out of food. I'd say about 85% of the food I eat comes from non EU countries. Most fruits and vegetables are from UK or Africa. It seems to be a lot of long life food that comes from EU, so where is the problem?

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Pat's latest musings, go on Pat tell it like it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9T4dGAxtO0

Now I have said all along that I don't believe that everybody who voted for Brexit is stupid.

However, all the time you have people like Pat doing things like this, I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle :rolleyes:

I only got through the first 4 minutes of him insulting everything and everyone. I guess that his solutions to the Irish Border, Customs Union, Trade agreements or WTO submissions were probably later on in that video.

I think maybe Pat should put his tinfoil hat back on and remember, it's never too late to get yourself an education :thumbsup:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Let us not forget the perceived culpability of our fiscal planning not being robust enough in 2008. I hardly think the head of the Bank of England isn't going to be covering his stumps with a straight bat at this point. Let's just hope he is wrong I guess.

The latest effort from Carney is pathetic. How can anyone believe what he says now given how far wrong he was with his statements prior to the vote.

Remember this.

https://www.politico.eu/article/mark-carney-eats-humble-pie-on-brexit/

I wouldn't describe the head of the Bank of England planning for a worse case scenario 'pathetic'. Great, he was wrong about the aftermath of a Brexit vote we should be happy it wasn't as bad, but he was planning for that outcome - are we actually suggesting after what happened in 2008 our bankers shouldn't be preparing for the worse?

Seriously, is everyone who says anything remotely negative about anything to do with leaving the EU automatically pathetic? :shrug:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
By the way has anyone else been looking at where their food comes from? I smell bullshit on this notion that we are going to run out of food. I'd say about 85% of the food I eat comes from non EU countries. Most fruits and vegetables are from UK or Africa. It seems to be a lot of long life food that comes from EU, so where is the problem?

According to the figures, we produce about half of our own food requirement with 30% coming from the EU.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...tics-in-your-pocket-2017-global-and-uk-supply

astralavi

Apr 6, 2017

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

You can either look in your own fridge, or what you had for dinner this week, and that is all the information you need about where our entire nation's food comes from, or you can look at actual statistics?

Up to you really. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/food-statistics-pocketbook-2017/food-statistics-in-your-pocket-2017-global-and-uk-supply

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
My NSC search skills know no boundaries

I apologise, you did state that of the options now available you wanted 'no deal'. Any views on my follow up question ? (And I don't know why everyone on here can't be as polite as us :) )

I've never expected to be an easy ride - when has getting anything out the EU been easy ? I did expect the EU to be slightly more flexiable - after all this will affect them as well - and that's a world away from the 'well they need to sell their BMWs to us' stupid notion.

The problem has been utterly pathetic leadership from May, the extremes of both camps causing issues ( the likes of Farage and Gina Miller ) and no unity in government.

Can it solved ? No idea. Possibly not - you only have to see the nutcases on here being drama queens so see how eff'ed up it all is ( I'll point to Plooks contributions as an example ). Two things I am sure of is that it has changed the face of UK politics .... not necesarily for the better ..... and that if there is a really soft Brexit then we haven't heard the end of it but it will be the end of May as PM.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I wouldn't describe the head of the Bank of England planning for a worse case scenario 'pathetic'. Great, he was wrong about the aftermath of a Brexit vote we should be happy it wasn't as bad, but he was planning for that outcome - are we actually suggesting after what happened in 2008 our bankers shouldn't be preparing for the worse?

Seriously, is everyone who says anything remotely negative about anything to do with leaving the EU automatically pathetic? :shrug:

I agree with you ... to a point. Carney shoud be planning for the worse case BUT the remain campaign used some of his (inaccurate) predictions to try and win the vote. They decided to use them in 'Project Fear'. Rather they should have campaigned on all the good we've had from the EU - stopping roaming charges, free movement etc, and what was in the pipeline from the EU. They should have ignored the 'what if' predictions as a campaign tool. What they have achieved by using doom predictions ..... which ended up being incorrect ... is make people wary of predictions from the likes of Carney.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I've never expected to be an easy ride - when has getting anything out the EU been easy ? I did expect the EU to be slightly more flexiable - after all this will affect them as well - and that's a world away from the 'well they need to sell their BMWs to us' stupid notion.

The problem has been utterly pathetic leadership from May, the extremes of both camps causing issues ( the likes of Farage and Gina Miller ) and no unity in government.

Can it solved ? No idea. Possibly not - you only have to see the nutcases on here being drama queens so see how eff'ed up it all is ( I'll point to Plooks contributions as an example ). Two things I am sure of is that it has changed the face of UK politics .... not necesarily for the better ..... and that if there is a really soft Brexit then we haven't heard the end of it but it will be the end of May as PM.

Thanks for that. As you know, I have always thought, since the day after the referendum, that it would be the softest of soft Brexits, simply because I believe that the only choices were that or 'no deal' and I've never thought 'no deal' was implementable in the original timescales (let alone the 6 months left).

I don't see that any other negotiating team were ever likely to change the basis of the EU negotiations and allow us to cherry pick more. You're right in that it will effect the EU, but whatever the effect was going to be, that effect would be multiplied many times on us.

I think that the moment May stepped up to PM, she was never going to be challenged as no-one wanted to take the responsibility for implementing the impossible, and that is still the case. Once she has taken the blame, I can't see her lasting 5 minutes.

Probably the only thing we agree on - more

Rum-and-Raisin-Brighter.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here