Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Is Man of the Match out of touch with gender neutrality?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Is it time to be a little more progressive and kick those balls into the long grass in favour of "player of the match"

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ludicrous thread.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I'm also concerned regarding the term 'football'.

Having the word ball included may indicate some gender based sexual reference.

I'm sticking to soccer.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As most people think you’re a prick or a ****, I can see why you might favour gender neutrality.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Won't someone think of [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] gender neutral nephew Tarquin?

Tim Over Whelmed

Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I don't think there should be a Man of the Match anyway, everyone's tried hard and they should buy thirty trophies and make everyone the Human Participant of the Day, also remembering to award one to those that didn't turn up because you can't exclude them.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Even given that I am probably one of the most Politically Correct people there is on the planet - Even I think such a suggestion is a preposterous one

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
Apr 5, 2014
'Player of the match' is an easier catch all phrase to use. And it doesn't have to keep being moved around. I don't think this has much to do with gender neutral thinking.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Man of the Match is fine (apart from the fact that it is often awarded to the wrong player!) As for what it should be in the women's game, let them decide for themselves rather than inflict NSC's views - PC or otherwise - on them.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Ludicrous thread.

post no.3 and you have me on ignore(allegedly)........how do you know whats going on anyway :shrug:
bit like when you gave me an accidental thumbing when i was supposed to be on your famous blocked list too........does your nose grow sometimes?

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
will todays best cricketer at the oval be announced as man of the match or player of the match?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Even given that I am probably one of the most Politically Correct people there is on the planet - Even I think such a suggestion is a preposterous one

I bet you struggle to sleep at night with all the politically incorrect shit that’s been invented I mean said!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Not bad. Might catch a bite or two, or three....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here