Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Littlehampton 10k for me this morning. Not my best run but conditions weren't particularly good for a seafront run.

My results text gives me 39:31 and 24th place but I'm not convinced it's a full 10k course. Last year my watch gave me 6.17 and this year 6.15. Typically for a 10k it's nearer 6.3 when you finish.

Possibly been overdoing it with speed work and football, but it didn't click for me today. I'm blaming the lack of porridge this morning, my son's Rice Krispies aren't a suitable replacement I found.

Hope to hear of a successful Iron Man for [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION] soon.

Last edited:

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Excellent work. My first and second 10k times were almost identical to yours and I still think they were more satisfying than my current PB of 41:25. What’s your HM target?

Not sure I will ever get into the 41 minute zone! Especially with the PF and shin splint issues I have had constantly since I started running back in March.

Realistic HM time of 2:15:00 but would love to get under 2 hours but that will take a big improvement over the next few weeks so is probably a more realistic time for early 2019.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Dropped the Farnham Pilgrim marathon into the plan today at short notice. Absolutely cracking event as always - lovely route and brilliant organisation. Very highly recommended. Reasonably happy with 4.45ish as I try to get back to some kind of fitness......was over an hour quicker than the one I did 3 weeks ago anyway [emoji16]

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Dropped the Farnham Pilgrim marathon into the plan today at short notice. Absolutely cracking event as always - lovely route and brilliant organisation. Very highly recommended. Reasonably happy with 4.45ish as I try to get back to some kind of fitness......was over an hour quicker than the one I did 3 weeks ago anyway [emoji16]

Well done, especially as you haven't mentioned the elevation of 4,508 ft.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Briliant run mate. Your "some kind of fitness" is my "I might think about that in a year or two"!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I was on duty with Ant and the Sussex Sports Photography crew at the Littlehampton 10K. I covered the start, 2K, 4K and the finish. Saw a few Albion shirts running past. Hope you all had a good run and enjoy the pics shortly.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
A weekend largely off for me up in Wellingborough, but I got over to Kettering for their parkrun #99 yesterday - I ran a 19:20 with no tracking of any kind, I really had no idea how I was getting on but I settled into 5th place around the 1k mark and stayed there. The front two were obviously super quick and it was won in 17:02. I was happy with the 19:20, I thought it was going to be somewhere around 19:30 and I believe the splits would have been consistent. It was a lovely course, two and a third laps of the course, including a long slow drag up hill and two long downhill stretches. You run over Hove Park-esque tarmac, Bevendean style grass and Waterhall car park style gravel. I'd recommend it as the K run of choice!

Looking forward to hearing feedback about the Iron Man from [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION] - raising the bar!

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I was on duty with Ant and the Sussex Sports Photography crew at the Littlehampton 10K. I covered the start, 2K, 4K and the finish. Saw a few Albion shirts running past. Hope you all had a good run and enjoy the pics shortly.

First time I’ve done the Farnham Pilgrim and SSP not been there........

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
[MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION] finishes in 15:54 and claims NSC running thread hero of the week!

Well done and hope you can manage a celebratory pint!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Hello! Sorry I didn't reply until now - been a bit busy [emoji23]

Yes, I made it but man alive was it tough. Those hills on the bike are something else and the marathon was for laps of - guys what - hills! The only bit that was flat (and surpassed my expectations) was the swim.

I walked back to my VW Camper after some post-race pizza - near the top of one of the hills - and had a couple of beers that had been chilling.

An amazing experience and day - and quite odd that everyone knows how you are doing at the same time as you!

But yeah - I'm an ironman!

One more thing, [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] - I managed a sprint finish down the red carpet!
8ca80725f5cd9f046593d5d974cf8ba9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Yes, I made it but man alive was it tough. Those hills on the bike are something else and the marathon was for laps of - guys what - hills! The only bit that was flat (and surpassed my expectations) was the swim.

I walked back to my VW Camper after some post-race pizza - near the top of one of the hills - and had a couple of beers that had been chilling.

An amazing experience and day - and quite odd that everyone knows how you are doing at the same time as you!

One more thing, [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] - I managed a sprint finish down the red carpet!

Great work buddy.....

100 miler next then [emoji106][emoji16]

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
[MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION] finishes in 15:54 and claims NSC running thread hero of the week!

Well done and hope you can manage a celebratory pint!

Week! Couldn't we push it to 8 days

Excellent effort and a well planned and fought campaign. Look forward to hearing all about it .

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Unbelievable achievement! Absolutely amazing effort, well played.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto

Top work, congratulations :clap2:

I have the utmost admiration for anyone who can complete an Ironman. I don't think I'd make it past the swimming bit!

Has anyone here done the marathon in Erie, PA? I went there this weekend to cheer on a few of my running friends. It's a 2 lap course of a peninsula park which sticks out into Lake Erie. It's the flattest marathon course I've ever come across. I did a lap of it on Saturday morning and couldn't help but pick up my pace, safe in the knowledge there was no nasty hill to get in my way. They pride themselves on having more than 30% of competitors qualify for Boston, and I'm pretty sure it would have been higher than that yesterday given the conditions could not have been more perfect: cloudy and 12C, with lots of shelter from the wind. It's also the last day you can qualify for next year's Boston as applications open today (I've got to wait until next Monday and hope my time is good enough).

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
[MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION] - what a man! Amazing performance, congratulations. :bowdown: 2.4 mile swim - how long did that take? Was that in a pool doing lap after lap or was than an open water swim?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
That being said, did you not run a marathon on sunday as well?!

He was running up and down outside my house as far as I can tell from Strava. I would have thought he was showing off if I'd been there to see.

:D

Well done to both [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] and [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION], I'm frankly in awe of both of you.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here