Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Rollers. Who can comment? I'm going to get some to keep momentum going through the winter. I'm not interested in a turbo.

As Brighton fans, we really should have a white on the front and a blue on the rear.

I always go for a bit of blue in my tyres. How about white rims & spokes with blue hubs!? Now we're talking...

67ab652a3b1719b645cbd6fcd5ea03ce_782d7993-1b7a-4579-a5a9-9d29fbf26bc6_large.jpeg

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Rollers. Who can comment? I'm going to get some to keep momentum going through the winter. I'm not interested in a turbo.

As Brighton fans, we really should have a white on the front and a blue on the rear.

You on rollers? It's a yes from me. I'd pay good money to see that 😉

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I feel the need to apologise to a few car drivers of Sussex.

Following the success of getting Lil Miss Inactive Stat to ride the 7 miles to Bognor McDonald's then back, I thought I'd try again, this time slightly further to Worthing

All good, lovely ride, but the couple of hours shopping must have taken it's toll.
Despite stopping at the cake cafe coming home she was clearly flagging with a couple of miles still to go.

At that point (while we were riding next to the A259) I thought I'd gee her up by saying 'let's laugh at the cars, we are quicker than'.

I then quietly said 'we're faster than you' to each car as we passed them approaching a roundabout.
Sure enough she sped up and we quietly taunted 20 or 30 cars

Now for the apology.

We turned left, the level crossing was down, a large amount of cars were backed up.

Lil Miss enjoyed the game so much she carried on only this time, loudly and manically cackling (t'is her way) 'you're so slow' while pointing at each car. :facepalm:

The Porsche owner in particular looked less than impressed.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I feel the need to apologise to a few car drivers of Sussex.

Following the success of getting Lil Miss Inactive Stat to ride the 7 miles to Bognor McDonald's then back, I thought I'd try again, this time slightly further to Worthing

All good, lovely ride, but the couple of hours shopping must have taken it's toll.
Despite stopping at the cake cafe coming home she was clearly flagging with a couple of miles still to go.

At that point (while we were riding next to the A259) I thought I'd gee her up by saying 'let's laugh at the cars, we are quicker than'.

I then quietly said 'we're faster than you' to each car as we passed them approaching a roundabout.
Sure enough she sped up and we quietly taunted 20 or 30 cars

Now for the apology.

We turned left, the level crossing was down, a large amount of cars were backed up.

Lil Miss enjoyed the game so much she carried on only this time, loudly and manically cackling (t'is her way) 'you're so slow' while pointing at each car. :facepalm:

The Porsche owner in particular looked less than impressed.

Never apologise to a Porsche driver.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I think someone put one of these videos on here before, but just in case not, check out this relive thingy! Puts your ride up like a stage preview you'd see on tv :)

My mate done it from the Thanet Platinum 200 we rode together yesterday.

https://www.relive.cc/view/1813316608

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Use it all the time. Think it was Stats mate who first discovered it.

Good stuff! Clever isn't it :)

First time my mate has used it and I've never used it, but had vague memories of someone putting one in here before.

Might entice me into taking my proper phone out with me in future, taking some pics and having a go at one myself.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Good stuff! Clever isn't it :)

First time my mate has used it and I've never used it, but had vague memories of someone putting one in here before.

Might entice me into taking my proper phone out with me in future, taking some pics and having a go at one myself.

Yeah very good, and it’s free. What’s not to like.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Another maintenance question. Just going up to Steyning tea shop today and almighty chain noise and chain slipping going on. Over a pot of tea and a lovely mango sponge cake we inspected the gears. The ceramic shimano jockey nearest the rear cogs seemed to have the rubber o ring moving out. I took apart the jockey and turned the o ring round and it worked ok to get home along the river bank and flat coast road. at home cleaned it all up and it seems to all be working fine (apart from needing to fine tune the gear change).

The question is would a dodgy jockey throw the chain off and intefer with the free wheel or is something more sinister afoot?

Cheers in advance.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Another maintenance question. Just going up to Steyning tea shop today and almighty chain noise and chain slipping going on. Over a pot of tea and a lovely mango sponge cake we inspected the gears. The ceramic shimano jockey nearest the rear cogs seemed to have the rubber o ring moving out. I took apart the jockey and turned the o ring round and it worked ok to get home along the river bank and flat coast road. at home cleaned it all up and it seems to all be working fine (apart from needing to fine tune the gear change).

The question is would a dodgy jockey throw the chain off and intefer with the free wheel or is something more sinister afoot?

Cheers in advance.

Little test run and everything is excellent. Must service my ceramic jockeys more than every 14 years. Hard to believe it could cause such a kerfuffle.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Has anyone had any experience with Tifosi bikes? Thinking of upgrading my cheap Giant to something a bit lighter with a better group set etc. Ubyk have a Tifosi Cassini full carbon, full Tiagra g/s, less than 8kg, on their website for £1k on the nose. Read a couple of reviews today and they say its an unbelievable bike for the price...
Will have to take a trip into town at some point to see for myself, but any advice welcomed!

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Come on people get your sh*t together.

Today only me and a fella in a recumbent were wearing short sleeve jersey & shorts.

What the feck is everybody else going to do when it does actually turn chilly?

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Well, I took the plunge and ordered myself a new bike today. Couldn't get the Tifosi - so went with an Orbea Avant H30 instead.
£100 off at Tredz - & 3yrs 0% at £25p/m. Couldn't leave it tbh....gorgeous looking machine with 105 gearing :eek:)

Attachments

• G104TTCC-H5-SIDE-AVANT_H30-gris.jpg
    G104TTCC-H5-SIDE-AVANT_H30-gris.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 61

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well, I took the plunge and ordered myself a new bike today. Couldn't get the Tifosi - so went with an Orbea Avant H30 instead.
£100 off at Tredz - & 3yrs 0% at £25p/m. Couldn't leave it tbh....gorgeous looking machine with 105 gearing :eek:)

Good stuff, I couldn't comment on Tifosi beyond 'they were pretty good 10 years ago.
In fairness I can't comment on Orbea either, other than the company has a cracking back story and they are definitely returning to the market, strong.
Oh and you can now wear the Euskaltel-Euskadi kit, which is cool.
(See if you can get a pair of [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION]'s shoes from Planet X!!).

Have a listen to this:-

https://thecyclingpodcast.com/podcast/38-the-basque-country-episode

Last edited:

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Come on people get your sh*t together.

Today only me and a fella in a recumbent were wearing short sleeve jersey & shorts.

What the feck is everybody else going to do when it does actually turn chilly?

That's lesser Sussex for you I suppose.

Over here it's very much still shorts and short sleeves, even on our club ride last night.

Almost perfect temperature for me at the mo, if a tad muggy still.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here