Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] 4th Test v India

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
51 overs in two sessions :nono:

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
England 8 down due to an erroneous LBW decision by the umpire - genuinely laughable that a fully qualified official:wanker: failed to notice that the delivery which dismissed Rashid was missing leg stump:shootself

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
England 8 down due to an erroneous LBW decision by the umpire - genuinely laughable that a fully qualified official:wanker: failed to notice that the delivery which dismissed Rashid was missing leg stump:shootself

Root wasted an appeal

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Excellent recovery thanks to Curran again... but more failure in the top order is worrying.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Stoneman and Burns in for The Oval Test, while we are at it bring in Pope, Foakes and Tom Curran.

Come on The Rey for the last Test.

Traditionally The Oval Test was a bit of a platform for 'one Test wonders'; I think (not checked this) Sussex's own Alan Wells might have fallen foul of this. I suspect this lot of selectors will be typically conservative. I guess we have to factor in that this Indian side are pretty damn good. And Root's won 4 tosses out of 4.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Traditionally The Oval Test was a bit of a platform for 'one Test wonders'; I think (not checked this) Sussex's own Alan Wells might have fallen foul of this. I suspect this lot of selectors will be typically conservative. I guess we have to factor in that this Indian side are pretty damn good. And Root's won 4 tosses out of 4.
Wasn't that Paul Parker?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

You're right; Alan Wells, Joey Benjamin, Neil Williams and John Stephenson.
You're very right with Simon Kerrigan at The Oval v Australia 2013 but another debutant in that match fared better. Mr Chris Woakes.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Yep. Joey Benjamin took 4 wickets in the first innings in his single England test match at the Oval. Bowled superbly (although overshadowed by Devon Malcolm's 2nd innings 9-fer).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here