Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Closing the North Stand last night was WRONG

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That is a pathetic argument as in seasons gone by ST always included some cup game even at Man Utd. Arsenal etc. and even us.

Please explain 'pathetic argument' ?? I'm not 'arguing', I'm trying to help you understand the economics. The club has to pay 45% of ticket revenue to the away team. If the game was included in season tickets, at, say £15 per seat, we would have to pay 45% of 23,000 x £15 (£155,250) to the away team (less expenses, plus 45% of the rest of the ticket revenue) regardless of how many turn up because the rules dictate that 'free to STH' tickets are counted as sold at matchday price.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
How long ago was that [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION]? Amex, Withdean, Gillingham, Goldstone? Certainly not the Amex, I don't think that was the case at Withdean. Gillingham? Probably not. I had season tickets at the Goldstone, but it's so long ago that I can't remember the cup tickets being included. If that's the case, there's little point citing stuff from ancient history to back up your point.

10 years ago were't ManUtd operating a compulsory purchase of ALL cup tickets by Season Ticket holders whether they wanted them or not, including all European games? I think he might be referring to the Sir Matt Busby era!

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
10 years ago were't ManUtd operating a compulsory purchase of ALL cup tickets by Season Ticket holders whether they wanted them or not, including all European games? I think he might be referring to the Sir Matt Busby era!
I'm pretty sure they still do this.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
that's the disappointing thing. No one apart from The keeper and Bissouma made a case to start ( Bernardo too)

Just said this on the other thread. Far from concerns about how seriously we take cup games, the biggest worry is the back up we have in key areas.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
The flip side of the coin says, that one you start mentioning only squad players, (and last night nder 23's too), being involved, then that could stop plenty of people from going whatever the price of the ticket, with many young kids not wanting to go unless they can see the likes of Knocky, Glenn, or their other idols.

The effort of the players can't be faulted. But when Austin and Redmond came on we should have put 2 subs on. They can stick that competition where the sun don't shine, Never again. But my teenager daughter loved it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here