Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
also " Tuesday through to Thursday is likely to bring an exceptionally snowy period for many as areas of heavy snow and potential disruptive snow push in across the country "

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
also " Tuesday through to Thursday is likely to bring an exceptionally snowy period for many as areas of heavy snow and potential disruptive snow push in across the country "

US, that statement won't be far from the truth for many northern areas and the midlands. We are in the annoying sleet/cold rain section due to warm sectors. Roll on Summer :)

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Shame as Saturday and Sunday just gone could have produced 6 inches of snow with some cold weather, same weds morning but it will be plus 5 C here

Eastleigh Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bolton
While every day of the year I would love snow (mainly for our four year old to play in honest) tomorrow at 7am i have to drive the missus to Bolton Hospital for a caesarian section - that forecast for Cheshire kind of makes me a bit nervous....

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
For those of us who like a bit of snow, and have waited in vain this winter for a strong Scandinavian anticyclone to form and feed bitterly cold easterlies across the North Sea, this morning's 4-week BBC forecast is depressing reading. Basically, after this week, the westerly flow re-establishes itself, heralding decidedly average weather well into February - by when, time will be running out for a serious snowy spell.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2635167#outlook

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
For those of us who like a bit of snow, and have waited in vain this winter for a strong Scandinavian anticyclone to form and feed bitterly cold easterlies across the North Sea, this morning's 4-week BBC forecast is depressing reading. Basically, after this week, the westerly flow re-establishes itself, heralding decidedly average weather well into February - by when, time will be running out for a serious snowy spell.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2635167#outlook

This Winter has been an absolute non event. Time to put this one to bed and hope 2015/2016 is better. As you said back to SW by late January so that will take us into mid feb at least and by then the chance of a decent cold spell with snow is over. 2 winters without a single flake of snow

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I don't see the appeal in snow. It's cold and keeps ****ing up my travel plans.

Bring on Spring.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Wednesday morning is starting to look like a possibility of snow here... just a possibility, but the variables will be more favourable.

I can't seem to be able to post images, but a small low pressure is forecast to develop in the Eastern English Channel, and will track along the coast. It may produce some snow showers here.

{If I can post the images, I have some charts etc}

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ok, can't post images - so it's links only

This is the latest GFS precipitation forecast

http://modeles2.meteociel.fr/modeles_gfs/runs/2015011906/48-779UK.GIF?19-6

Shows snow down here.

the Met Office fax chart shows the feature well.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/brack1a.gif

Finally the Sussex ensemble has a higher snow percentage for that period:

http://www.meteociel.fr/cartes_obs/gens_display.php?ext=1&x=291.94000244140625&y=178.27999877929687

so, maybe....

There are 2 hopes down here, Bob and No

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
The latest GFS run is showing rain and 5 degrees down here, it's not going to happen I'm afraid. :( , no weather warnings from the met office either, it will be chilly and rainy, with a little bit of sleet at best, sorry to say :( .

This winter is a write off.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Saying that the BBC keep chopping and changing between rain, sleet and snow. Hopefully they'll settle on snow :)

In which case, hopefully the snow itself will settle :)

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
The latest GFS run is showing rain and 5 degrees down here, it's not going to happen I'm afraid. :( , no weather warnings from the met office either, it will be chilly and rainy, with a little bit of sleet at best, sorry to say :( .

Blame my mum , she bought 3 plastic sledges for my girls ,no snow since , think I might burn them !!

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

There's always February..

Or March ....

Or April... we had snow in April once...

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
snowing in Willingdon and settling. Who said it was not going to snow

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here