Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] “Bottomless Brunch”

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
If this offer had been available at any local establishments around 15 years ago then I can guarantee that my friends and I would have bankrupted them all within a six month period.

As it is, I'm far too old for that shit.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
If this offer had been available at any local establishments around 15 years ago then I can guarantee that my friends and I would have bankrupted them all within a six month period.

As it is, I'm far too old for that shit.

How old are you? I’m 49 and am well up for some of this!!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I’m presuming he means it would have been a carry on from the night before. It would have been a great way to continue a piss up rather than start one.
Precisely. I mean we'd have been there Saturday and Sunday from opening. Zero sleep and smashing the unlimited booze like Richard Keys on an intern.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The whole idea seems pretty gross to me.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Of course it does, to mainstream for you me thinks not unlike AI I would suspect.

Not really. I just find these all-you-can-eat/drink experiences pretty grim. For example I was at Whetherspoons in Gatwick the other week and they now have free tea refills

1) I now get given an empty cup and have to leave my seat to go the “tea station” to make my own drink.
2) I had to join a queue all the while my stuff is left unattended at the table
3) The tea station was messy with discarded tea bags, milk and sugar spilt, papers wrappers littering the place.

Throw free booze into this and it sounds horrifying.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Not really. I just find these all-you-can-eat/drink experiences pretty grim. For example I was at Whetherspoons in Gatwick the other week and they now have free tea refills

1) I now get given an empty cup and have to leave my seat to go the “tea station” to make my own drink.
2) I had to join a queue all the while my stuff is left unattended at the table
3) The tea station was messy with discarded tea bags, milk and sugar spilt, papers wrappers littering the place.

Throw free booze into this and it sounds horrifying.
I'm not sure that's the same as going for brunch and getting as much wine as you like though. Unless you have to queue up at a Prosecco station and serve yourself of course. Which could get very messy.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm not sure that's the same as going for brunch and getting as much wine as you like though. Unless you have to queue up at a Prosecco station and serve yourself of course. Which could get very messy.

Maybe not, but the idea of being surrounded by screeching women drunk on cheap Prosecco at midday is still horrifying.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
£25 for 2 hours of prosecco? Reckon I would very easily get my moneys worth!
Ditto, Mrs V and I sunk 5 1/2 bottles of White between us one evening in the Park Crescent when they were doing it at £9.99 a bottle. If we knew we were there for just two hours we would probably raise our game.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Bet the service is as slow as possible. They won't be rushing around giving out the prosecco ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
All this said, 1901 Club hospitality included complimentary English Sparkling Wine last season; bottomless in today’s vernacular. After my 3rd glass the head waiter suggested to the girl serving our table “giving him a full bottle might be easier” . Nice touch and they kept it on ice for the first half. Hope it’s the same this season.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
This phenomenon whilst extremely popular with the ex pats in places such as Dubai is seemingly making more an more of an appearance across the City and others too.

So who’s sampled this fare, any recommendations and of course there are those looking to maximise the booze whilst others are looking at the food offerings, which venues offer the best in both departments?

Looking forward to the replies [emoji106]

From the later comments on this thread, there appears to be no comparison with the excellent food and free-flowing drinks provided in the Middle-East. There again, the price is also a fraction of what brunch costs out there.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Brewdog do it at a couple of their London places at weekends.

Anything from the Brunch menu + Unlimited headliners for 2 hours.

Think the break even point is 3 pints, so Brunch + 4 Pints of Punk and you're a winner.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Brewdog do it at a couple of their London places at weekends.

Anything from the Brunch menu + Unlimited headliners for 2 hours.

Think the break even point is 3 pints, so Brunch + 4 Pints of Punk and you're a winner.

Now. You. Are. Talking!

Shopes

Jan 3, 2018
Bet the service is as slow as possible. They won't be rushing around giving out the prosecco ?

I thought that would be the case at Six but they were pretty generous - by the time I finished a glass, the waitress was back again to top it up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here