Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal fans 27th min walk out against Albion

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Well, to buck the trend, I can actually see where they're coming from. The whole point of binning Highbury and moving to the Emirates was on the basis that, with a 60k stadium, they would be on an equal footing with the elite of Europe and could challenge for the major silverware. They have since had about 10 years of moderate but trophy-less success, but then thats largely excused because they were still paying the thing off. Now its paid off, and asid from a couple of FA Cups, they're still drifting further and further away from the major honours. They're becoming irrelevent. I can't even remember the last time they were in a title race, and they frankly get embarrassed in the Champions League every year (2-10 v Bayern ??).

OK, first world problems and all that. They've never had their ground sold from under them and had to trek to a dump like Gillingham blah blah. But for a club of their size and stature, and the horrific amount of CASH those fans have to stump up to go there...yeah, I'd be angry too.

You have a shit memory then. They should have comfortably won the title when Leicester did.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You have a shit memory then. They should have comfortably won the title when Leicester did.
Indeed. It was theirs for the taking that season.

As far as I can see, this all goes back to the FA and their feeble implementation of a fit and proper owners test. Kroenke is no better than that nob at Man Utd, both fleecing the clubs (in different ways) and owners with no emotional attachment to the game or their clubs whatsoever.

That said, let's be under no illusions that the majority of those walking out will just be the tiresome types who don't like the fact Arsenal have taken 3 points out of 9. If Arsenal were as average as they have been, but with a British born Arsenal fan running the club, they'd still be walking out like spoilt toddlers.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
They might get some sympathy if they weren't so bloody arrogant!! A bit of humility goes a long way so as it stands I'd like to see em suffer a while

I'm seem to recall us getting fans of other clubs to send a pre-written letter to every Tom, Dick and Harry claiming us getting a new ground was of national importance.

That's pretty arrogant! It wasn't even of local importance for the a lot of people in Sussex.

As [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] says first world problems etc etc but I'd be well and truly pissed off if I was Arsenal. Different clubs have different problems.

Let them protest I say can see it only doing us a favour.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Most Arsenal fans are as passionate about their club as any other and they have a massive history, tradition and heritage.
They also pay a lot of money to follow them and they should easily be doing a lot better than they are.
This is not all about now, it's about the last few seasons as well.
They see that something is going badly wrong and it's getting worse, it's their club and if they want to let them know how unhappy they are then good luck to them.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
It's all relative isn't it.

A 'disaster' for us is our ground being sold from beneath us, and fans doing all they did to keep us in existence whilst scrapping at the bottom of the football league.

A 'disaster' for Arsenal fans is 2 FA Cups in the last few years but dropping out of the Champions League for 1 season, albeit struggling to challenge for the title for the past few seasons.

I think it's fair enough a lot of fans see them as a little bit tinpot and over-expectant, but it's amazing what a bit of success (and they've had more than a bit in their history) does to expectations. Leicester fans had a year of overachieving, and expectations were raised so high that some of their fans (and board) wanted Ranieri gone months later.

I still think Arsenal fans are proper tinpot though.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
At least if the Arsenal end empties entirely it won't have much of an effect on the atmosphere

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
They might get some sympathy if they weren't so bloody arrogant!! A bit of humility goes a long way so as it stands I'd like to see em suffer a while

So you want then to mention as an aside Brighton, Orient, Blackpool etc when they are asked to ring in about their club woes. Not sure that's what those radio stations are interested in.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Do you think this going to make any difference to the Arsenal ownership of Kroenke and Usmanov.
They'll be looking at this rubbing their hands, knowing these walk out wallies have already paid up the dosh.
So who's the mug gooner?
Support your team to the end, unless youre an early leaver for any obvious reason. :thumbsup:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Even if their bigger ground only gives them an extra 5-10% of income a year on most of the PL, they could choose to have that advantage (paid off after 10 years) or not and have stayed at Highbury. I'd be amazed if any sane person would choose the later.

Not to mention the appeal to some players (most probably all about the money and that extra %) of a much bigger and more modern workplace.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Even if their bigger ground only gives them an extra 5-10% of income a year on most of the PL, they could choose to have that advantage (paid off after 10 years) or not and have stayed at Highbury. I'd be amazed if any sane person would choose the later.

Not to mention the appeal to some players (most probably all about the money and that extra %) of a much bigger and more modern workplace.

On a seperate topic, have just seen Hastings harbour plans :wozza:

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
At least if the Arsenal end empties entirely it won't have much of an effect on the atmosphere

It won't completely empty as I'll be in there.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Well, to buck the trend, I can actually see where they're coming from .... for a club of their size and stature, and the horrific amount of CASH those fans have to stump up to go there...yeah, I'd be angry too.

Yep, angry. But 'organised protest' style angry???

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's all relative isn't it.

A 'disaster' for us is our ground being sold from beneath us, and fans doing all they did to keep us in existence whilst scrapping at the bottom of the football league.

A 'disaster' for Arsenal fans is 2 FA Cups in the last few years but dropping out of the Champions League for 1 season, albeit struggling to challenge for the title for the past few seasons.

I think it's fair enough a lot of fans see them as a little bit tinpot and over-expectant, but it's amazing what a bit of success (and they've had more than a bit in their history) does to expectations. Leicester fans had a year of overachieving, and expectations were raised so high that some of their fans (and board) wanted Ranieri gone months later.

I still think Arsenal fans are proper tinpot though.

Just a couple of points of order:

1. Arsenal are the most expensive club in the country to watch. Their cheapest ST is still £141 more than the next club Chelsea, £360 more than Manure.
2. When you say a few years without winning the title, it is 13 years. 13 years of being the most expensive tickets in the land, but only registering a couple of meaningful title challenges.

I think I'd be a bit upset that I am paying that much more than every other supporter, and not seeing a side challenge for the honours. If I was paying average prices for the top 6 clubs, then I probably wouldn't be quite so expectant, but Arsenal are blatantly rinsing their fans and not giving them a return for it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here