Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How come when a thread is locked...

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Especially when you disagree with what the mod has written and can't argue with them! This is NOT a 'football forum'. It's a forum for Brighton fans. There's a difference.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'm relatively pleased that a Mod has commented on the absolute bollocks of a thread today.

That goes without saying, however, to not be allowed to reply to a locked thread? Something surely isn't right there?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Moderators can still post on it? A tad inconsistent wouldn't you say [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]?

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?353118-Muslim-invasion&p=7983549&viewfull=1#post7983549

Because we have magic powers.

*Actually in this particular case, because I didn't know it had been locked - because the functionality is still displayed to us to post, I went ahead and did so, without realizing.

In this case, I'd have done so anyway, in order to highlight the lies in the OP. Consider it a public service.

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
That goes without saying, however, to not be allowed to reply to a locked thread? Something surely isn't right there?

The point of a locked thread is to stop posts...

If Mods can lock a thread, do you not think they could even just unlock it, comment, and re-lock it again?

We aren't mods, so tough tits tbf [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] was 100% correct on his post, and hopefully he does enjoy his ban

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Because we have magic powers.

*Actually in this particular case, because I didn't know it had been locked - because the functionality is still displayed to us to post, I went ahead and did so, without realizing. In this case,

I'd have done so anyway, in order to highlight the lies in the OP. Consider it a public service.

No really you don't have 'magic powers'. You have arrogance that allows you to post without reply. Now, don't get me wrong, I like posts from mods, many are very knowledgeable. But to post on a locked thread is just patronising bullshit and you should not do it.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The point of a locked thread is to stop posts...

If Mods can lock a thread, do you not think they could even just unlock it, comment, and re-lock it again?

We aren't mods, so tough tits tbf [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] was 100% correct on his post, and hopefully he does enjoy his ban

You've totally contradicted yourself.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Especially when you disagree with what the mod has written and can't argue with them! This is NOT a 'football forum'. It's a forum for Brighton fans. There's a difference.

In fairness, that was a poor description, and I actually agree with you. I think we're all quite happy with general discussion of non-football matters. Just not racially-motivated lies, preferably.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Maybe because it's his website and this place isn't a democracy.

I asked Bozza, I didn't accuse him. One of his chosen mods thought it would be great to reply without the chance of a comeback.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
No really you don't have 'magic powers'. You have arrogance that allows you to post without reply. Now, don't get me wrong, I like posts from mods, many are very knowledgeable. But to post on a locked thread is just patronising bullshit and you should not do it.

I suspect the answer is ( and indeed should be ), if you don't like it then don't use NSC.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

Couldn't really care less to be honest - like seemingly most others. They give up sufficient time keeping this place reasonable. If posting in a locked thread is one of the 'perks' so be it. It's not as if it's a massive problem. Particular in the thread you're seemingly complaining about.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
By stopping posts, I meant from everyone else... at the end of the day - Mods are Mods, they help run the site, don't like it, you aren't required to open NSC and make threads/read threads/comment on threads...

Good grief :ffsparr:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

As I've already made clear, BECAUSE the functionality / 'reply to post' box is still displayed to us, I didn't even notice the thread had been locked - there's no intention to 'patronise' anyone, so please don't choose to pretend there is.

Not that I really care in this specific case if it offends anyone. I can categorically state that you are not as offended by that as I was by the OP.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Couldn't really care less to be honest - like seemingly most others. They give up sufficient time keeping this place reasonable. If posting in a locked thread is one of the 'perks' so be it. It's not as if it's a maissve problem.

Just having run a forum that in its heyday got 1000+ posts a day, I wouldn't have allowed that. Personal preference I guess.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here