Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Buckley

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
That Kirschoff was very good when he first arrived. Very decent holding midfielder with a very good pedigree.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
William, William Buckley's hamstrings go easily.

Da Da dadada Da Da dadada

We did pick a pocket or two with Bridcutt and Buckley. Sort of made up for Poyet letting Murray go by buying those two. I think we got around £6m for the pair?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
William, William Buckley's hamstrings go easily.

Da Da dadada Da Da dadada

We did pick a pocket or two with Bridcutt and Buckley. Sort of made up for Poyet letting Murray go by buying those two. I think we got around £6m for the pair?

In total, including various add-ons that have been reported, I make it £7.25 million.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Never forget Buckley's contribution to the first game at the Amex, victory grabbed from the jaws of defeat.

On his day, hamstrings permitting, he was unplayable. I have very fond memories of Buckley when he was here.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I watched Buckley play for Birmingham a few times when he was on loan there the season before last. An absolute shadow of the player he was at his best with us.

He's a lucky boy if a championship club picks him up.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
At 27, IF he is fit he could still do a job in the Championship. That is, and always was the big issue.

I hope Solly March gets fit because he has missed more games than Will Buckley did. One Solly injury was down to Lichaj (Forest).

Buckley got chopped down at full pelt in his first game back from injury for Wednesday and that put him out for the season. Giggs missed lots of games early in his career with hamstring injuries and go over them, so it is not impossible. Gayle (Newcastle) misses games for the same reason. It seems to be an occupational hazard for speedy players that are long and lanky in build.

Problems may occur in training with such persistent injuries. Can't run pelt in practice?

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?263193-Poyet-Buckley-better-than-Zaha

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
Buckley is as delicate as a snowflake. Seemed to shit himself if he saw his own shadow.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Buckley is as delicate as a snowflake. Seemed to shit himself if he saw his own shadow.

His brakes did not seem to work. Track sprinters do not have to stop suddenly. Hitting a defender at 20 mph is like a bicycle accident into a brick wall.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Will Buckley is a top Championship winger when fit, he would do well to go to a lesser fancied team where he'd be a key man rather than a bit part player. I think with a run of games and being well managed, he would thrive again. I'm thinking Barnsley or Burton.

In terms of the players released by Sunderland, Seb Larsson would be a coup and Kirchhof is a quality player given a run of games.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
I hope Solly March gets fit because he has missed more games than Will Buckley did. One Solly injury was down to Lichaj (Forest).

Buckley got chopped down at full pelt in his first game back from injury for Wednesday and that put him out for the season. Giggs missed lots of games early in his career with hamstring injuries and go over them, so it is not impossible. Gayle (Newcastle) misses games for the same reason. It seems to be an occupational hazard for speedy players that are long and lanky in build.

Problems may occur in training with such persistent injuries. Can't run pelt in practice?

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?263193-Poyet-Buckley-better-than-Zaha
March missed games because of cruciate, not persistent injuries.

Drivel.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Will Buckley is a top Championship winger when fit, he would do well to go to a lesser fancied team where he'd be a key man rather than a bit part player. I think with a run of games and being well managed, he would thrive again. I'm thinking Barnsley or Burton.

In terms of the players released by Sunderland, Seb Larsson would be a coup and Kirchhof is a quality player given a run of games.

Seb Larsson had a good run a couple of years ago but he is 32 now. And has been poor in between.

With Buckley it all depends if he is fit or not. The cure for hamstring injuries is rest which means missing games and training, a luxury that a PL team with a 25 man squad cannot afford. So I expect he will have to accept an a contract with bonuses on appearances. It makes it very awkward for a team planning on promotion as well.

Buckley would be better off in a Championship team that can at least pass the ball properly. It is fitness control rather than quality control that will influence where he goes.

I wish Buckley luck in getting fit. I would not like to play against him. Last time we did Buckley only touched the ball eight times and both Bruno and Bong got booked.

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Great on his day, just not enough of them sadly. Can never beat the first Amex game and and when he mugged Wes Morgan a couple of times for Forest the Leicester

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Great on his day, just not enough of them sadly. Can never beat the first Amex game and and when he mugged Wes Morgan a couple of times for Forest the Leicester

I don't know, absolutely taking the piss out of Dan Harding against Forest was a delight for me.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here