Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which goal have you most gone batshit crazy when celebrating?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Tons to choose from, but two that stick in the mind as actually being comparatively meaningless were a couple of Kurt Nogan last minute goals in 1994.
One was a header against Leyton Orient (1-0)
The other was against Blackpool (3-2)

Just remember going bonkers when they went in.

Maybe it was because I loved Nogan!?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Yep McShane at Palace, I got carried down the stairs in the aisle about 20 rows from the surge, which ended up in a massive bundle at the bottom of the stairs. Amazing scenes.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Terry Connor scoring our second goal in three minutes to go 2-0 up against Liverpool in the 1984 FA Cup Fourth Round.

I was in the east terrace and went bananas. Even the usual library crew found their hands and arms making involuntary movements.The ESU Zimmer Crew mainstays, Doris and Alf, had just had their 50th anniversary.

Liverpool, like all the other teams in those days, respected the FA Cup. Ten of the eleven that started that year's European Cup Final were in the starting line up- the other on the bench.

Shocks were shocks in those days.
Is the correct answer. Was in the roofless North, right behind the goal. After all the frustrations of 83 with relegation and the cup final, was brilliant to know that we were going to outplay and beat the European Champions.

There is brief footage on YouTube of the batshitedness as proof.

PG

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
3rd place McShane scores away at Palace .. 2006
2nd place Jimmy Case FA cup semi final free kick .. 1983

and the number 1 by along way, Guy Butters scores away at West Ham in the 1-0 win after we had been battered all game. Completely lost it for about 2 minutes and cant remember anything so intense

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Nogan v Leicester.

I've talked before about how there was something about that that game which I can't put my finger on.

It may be simply that I was 14 and at the right age to be utterly swept away (Definitely Maybe had been released a couple of months prior - this did the same). It may be the Albion performance; what seemed to be an utterly relentless dominance of a decent Premier League team.

Anyway, I turned up late and was on my tod in the North which was rammed to capacity. When Nogan knocked it in the place erupted like I'd never felt before.

I remember meeting up with [MENTION=286]Garry Nelson's Left Foot[/MENTION] and a bunch of other school mates afterwards on Old Shoreham Road and we were all giddy - tangibly vibrating with excitement.

Anyway, that's my favourite game ever and the most I've celebrated a goal.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
For anyone who was there it has to be Hereford. With all but our existence at stake and the quietest, nerviest half time I can ever remember, the relief at scoring that goal was just overwhelming. Everyone went nuts - even the blow up doll.
There have been a few others in my time - Case at Highbury, Wilkins against Ipswich, Storer the scorer, and I recall it going slightly mad when Eric Potts scored a second goal in a game to secure a point.
But Robbie's goal has to top the lot.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
when we went 4-3 up at Bramball Lane in '89 after being 3-0 down. I may have jumped on a policeman

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
In the flesh, I think it might be Bas Savage away at Cheltenham in the cup. It really shouldn't have been, but it might be :( Or any one of Nogan's goals at the North Stand end, we always went ****ing mental

Overall though it was when the final whistle went away at Plymouth when we finally got out of the bottom division. Listening on the radio in my front room in Nottingham, exploded in joy and cut my hand open on the light fitting....

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
"McShane" (well it wasn't really was it) against Palace was notable.

I don't think I've ever heard a goal cheer go on for so long.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
we played palace at the goldstone one boxing day 79 or 80

we won 3-0 and remember even to this day going completely nuts,as did everyone else,terrific atomsphere

the most distance travelled for a goal was at burnden park bizarrely, in the cup,must have moved about 50 yards from my original spot,terracing back then of course

favourite england goal was lineker's against germany in the semi's

Ipswich Town in that famous league cup run must have been a belter in the north stand too

I was in the south with my old man,whilst my brothers were allowed in the north,just remember the programme they had was basically torn to shreds

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Lee Steele's last-gasp winner v Bristol city, Easter Monday 2002. We won 2-1 and finally overtook Reading after slowly but surely pegging them back en route to the Double Championes Division 2 title. Genuinely thought I was going to give myself a coronary when that one went in. Spent far more time than was healthy endlessly staring at the Ceefax Page 325 league table that season.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
For anyone who was there it has to be Hereford. With all but our existence at stake and the quietest, nerviest half time I can ever remember, the relief at scoring that goal was just overwhelming. Everyone went nuts - even the blow up doll.
There have been a few others in my time - Case at Highbury, Wilkins against Ipswich, Storer the scorer, and I recall it going slightly mad when Eric Potts scored a second goal in a game to secure a point.
But Robbie's goal has to top the lot.

remember a couple of late braces

eric potts against sunderland

garry nelson v pompey

the fact that you thought the game was lost,but you end up winning,makes the winner very special

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I am quite restrained, but, like everyone else in the away end at Walsall, in 2011, I went a bit mental when Elliott Bennett’s screamer hit the back of the net right in front of the Albion fans. The goal put Albion 3-1 up and we knew that the title was ours.

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
For me in a crowd Zamora's first goal back at Elland Road last season was special.

But overall it has to be Ulloa's at The City Ground, I managed to get tickets in my Forest supporting bosses executive box a few along from Henri Lansbury and family. Me and 4 other Albion supporters went pretty crazy in that box when that goal went in and the view of our fans in the corner was fantastic. Would still have preferred to have been in the stand though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here