Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thomas Delaney

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I take it all the posters who are desperate to be in Team Delaney are only doing so because of last Summer's interested.

The No Imagination Crew must be loving all these potential new Sheeple ready to swell their ranks.

So on that basis we’d never have signed Ulloa the first time or Groß.... both are players we tracked for over a year before signing.

I’m also confused because we failed last summer that means a lack of imagination ? Surely it means we want him rather than we can’t be bothered to look for other players.

A poor half arsed attempt to critise the recruitment team who have done a great job over the last few years.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So on that basis we’d never have signed Ulloa the first time or Groß.... both are players we tracked for over a year before signing.

I’m also confused because we failed last summer that means a lack of imagination ? Surely it means we want him rather than we can’t be bothered to look for other players.

A poor half arsed attempt to critise the recruitment team who have done a great job over the last few years.

No it's a poor half arsed attempt to critise all the fans who would rather see Dan Harding return than singing Schelotto, because they've heard of Harding.

Absolutely no imagination, let alone FLAIR.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I take it all the posters who are desperate to be in Team Delaney are only doing so because of last Summer's interested.

The No Imagination Crew must be loving all these potential new Sheeple ready to swell their ranks.

I'd rather be in that camp than the broken record crew or the insipidly ****ing boring crew. Perhaps they think he is a good player and a good fit and talk about him because we are quite obviously still interested in him. :rolleyes:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Says someone who was team CMS :lolol:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

Isn't it more to do with the fact that we seem to track players for a long, long time. I'm sure that has been mentioned on a number of our signings. Couple that with the fact that he clearly is open to leaving, wants to play in England and there are newspaper reports linking us to him and you get...

Would you have been disappointed if we'd signed him last year when the signing would have come out of the blue?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Would you have been disappointed if we'd signed him last year when the signing would have come out of the blue?
That's the whole point.

The club have gone out of their way to make the first response to a new singings not, 'great', 'he's excellent', 'I saw him play ...' .

But:-

Whhooooooooooooooooooo

All this 'yesterdays news' is only one step removed from resinging Nooney, Bridders and Bucko.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
My Danish friend on Delaney "Yes, he is very good. He was captain for Copenhagen a few seasons ago, and he is a very strong midfielder! Just wait for the World Cup, he is brilliant"

We better by him soon then

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
No it's a poor half arsed attempt to critise all the fans who would rather see Dan Harding return than singing Schelotto, because they've heard of Harding.

Absolutely no imagination, let alone FLAIR.

Can I say I would love Delaney but don't want Ulloa ?....

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007

"Desperate" is an odd choice of words. I would be keen as he is very good. Also, I think we can rely to a large extent on the recruitment team and they tried for him prior to Davy Propper. Let's be honest, Delaney is highly likely to end up in the Premier League for next season so we'll see just how good he is, one way of another.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Brighton had a £10million bid rejected by Werder Bremen for Thomas Delaney
The 26-year-old is also the subject of interest from Tottenham and Everton
The Bundesliga side will consider selling the Danish midfielder for £16.8million
He signed for Bremen from FC Copenhagen for £1.5m in January last year
Brighton have had a £10million offer rejected for Werder Bremen midfielder Thomas Delaney.

The highly-rated Denmark international has been the subject of interest from Tottenham and Everton over the past year but Brighton have made the early running in a bid to fend off interest from Premier League rivals.

ADVERTISEMENT

Manager Chris Hughton and owner Tony Bloom recognise the need to try and move early in the market as they look to build on their Premier League survival and consolidate for next term.

Brighton have had a £10million offer rejected by Werder Bremen for Thomas Delaney
RELATED ARTICLES
Brighton boss Chris Hughton wants his side to keep their foot on the pedal after beating Manchester United
Winning became a habit for Brighton, says Anthony Knockaert after Seagulls secure Premier League safety
Yaya Toure will go down as a Manchester City great, says Brighton boss Chris Hughton ahead of midfielder's final farewell
One in 3.2m chances of survival: Brighton medical staff commended for life-saving work after five fans suffer cardiac arrests at Amex stadium since 2011 opening and live to tell the tale
Delaney, 26, is a box-to-box midfielder who can also play the holding role but Bremen will consider selling for £16.8million.

Delaney has three goals and six assists in 35 appearances in all competitions this season but the Dane has caught the eye of several sides with his influence from midfield.

He signed for Bremen from FC Copenhagen for a bargain £1.5m in January last year, after initially announcing he would join in August, and the Germans rejected an offer from Everton of £8m in the same month.

The 26-year-old, who has 21 caps for Denmark, provides goals, assists and shows discipline
RELATED ARTICLES
Brighton boss Chris Hughton wants his side to keep their foot on the pedal after beating Manchester United
Winning became a habit for Brighton, says Anthony Knockaert after Seagulls secure Premier League safety
Yaya Toure will go down as a Manchester City great, says Brighton boss Chris Hughton ahead of midfielder's final farewell
One in 3.2m chances of survival: Brighton medical staff commended for life-saving work after five fans suffer cardiac arrests at Amex stadium since 2011 opening and live to tell the tale

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Even if we offered what WB want for him I don’t thing he’d sing .

His agent will want him in the World Cup window to get the best possible deals on the table and possibly a top 6 club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Brighton had a £10million bid rejected by Werder Bremen for Thomas Delaney
The 26-year-old is also the subject of interest from Tottenham and Everton
The Bundesliga side will consider selling the Danish midfielder for £16.8million
He signed for Bremen from FC Copenhagen for £1.5m in January last year
Brighton have had a £10million offer rejected for Werder Bremen midfielder Thomas Delaney.

The highly-rated Denmark international has been the subject of interest from Tottenham and Everton over the past year but Brighton have made the early running in a bid to fend off interest from Premier League rivals.

ADVERTISEMENT

Manager Chris Hughton and owner Tony Bloom recognise the need to try and move early in the market as they look to build on their Premier League survival and consolidate for next term.

Brighton have had a £10million offer rejected by Werder Bremen for Thomas Delaney
RELATED ARTICLES
Delaney, 26, is a box-to-box midfielder who can also play the holding role but Bremen will consider selling for £16.8million.

Delaney has three goals and six assists in 35 appearances in all competitions this season but the Dane has caught the eye of several sides with his influence from midfield.

He signed for Bremen from FC Copenhagen for a bargain £1.5m in January last year, after initially announcing he would join in August, and the Germans rejected an offer from Everton of £8m in the same month.

The 26-year-old, who has 21 caps for Denmark, provides goals, assists and shows discipline
RELATED ARTICLES

That doesn't make a whole lot of sense. We seek to get the deal done before other clubs come in, but bid under the odds?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
That doesn't make a whole lot of sense. We seek to get the deal done before other clubs come in, but bid under the odds?

It's our first bid i take it. You haggle first and hopefully meet in the middle.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's our first bid i take it. You haggle first and hopefully meet in the middle.

Exactly - basic negotiations..

So, where’s that article from?

Edit - found it - Daily Mail - how reliable are they?

DavePage

Delaney has or is a donkey?
Delaney likes Muffin?
Delaney has or is a mule?
Delaney has or is an Ass? (I know trick question)Would his family sit in the Upper E or W….wait for a moment, maybe a moment longer, ok too late….would they sit in the Upper Eey(o)e West

Brandy, throw more Brandy!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Exactly - basic negotiations..

So, where’s that article from?

Edit - found it - Daily Mail - how reliable are they?

Daily Mail - not very.

However it actually started in the Weser-Kurier, the local Bremen newspaper.

May 4th - https://www.weser-kurier.de/werder/...r-auf-der-geschaeftsstelle-_arid,1726653.html

"Thomas Delaney has repeatedly emphasized that he can imagine a change of club well. On Friday, his advisor Michael Stensgaard was visiting the Weserstadion.

Thomas Delaney's contract with Werder runs until 2021, which is a very long time in football. There is still no need for discussion because of a possible extension of the contract. Nevertheless, Delaney's adviser Michael Stensgaard marched into the Werder office on Friday.

The assumption is obvious that it is about a change of the Danish international. Delaney had recently said frankly that he did not know how to proceed in the summer. The midfielder had often stressed that he would eventually like to play in England. Already before the season, Brighton & Hove Albion was interested in Delaney."

Then on Monday 6th May - https://www.meinwerder.de/news_news...elaney-_newsid,wk-doc700zfkrwognncucf47n.html
and reprinted on 7th: https://www.weser-kurier.de/werder/...ightonangebot-fuer-delaney-_arid,1727447.html

Brighton offer for Delaney

.. Thomas Delaney, who was transferred in January 2016 for a relatively modest two million euros from FC Copenhagen to Bremen. At the time, Delaney was promised to be able to make the intermediate step to the Premier League in Bremen. England is his goal, he has never doubted that since his arrival in Bremen. Werder has accordingly promised Delaney to negotiate a change at the appropriate opportunity.

An association keeps appearing in Delaney's plans for the future: Brighton & Hove Albion. Already last summer, the club from the English Premier League put out the feelers. Even then, Delaney would like to change, tell people involved. But Werder did not want to. Now there is the next attempt. According to information from MY WERDER Brighton is currently the only club that has a concrete offer including transfer fee deposited at Werder. However, the sum is so low that it gives Werder no reason to enter into negotiations. Willingness to talk it should give from Bremen side only from 20 million euros.

Where Delaney moves, so probably will turn out only after the World Cup. He wants to use the tournament in Russia with Denmark to earn several options for a change.

--

My hunch is that there is some truth to this one - but due to a mixture of the fee and the player keeping his options open, I wouldn't expect anything soon. The World Cup is a big stage for every player there to boost their prospects. As ever, no doubt we have a pool of targets of a similar quality and it'll come down to who is available at the right time for the right fee.

If you're on twitter, you'll get the most up to date news on this one from @WK_MeinWerder

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here