Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
100% this. The notion that a private company can't provide what th NHS can is utter nonsense and I have had similar experiences in the NHS.

It's purely dogmatic resistance because some companies dare to post a profit from it.

I couldn't care less who does the operation, the biggest scandal in the NHS has been PFI, where the objective of all three main parties has been to use off balance sheet financing to claim to be reducing the deficit, whilst saddling future taxpayers with a huge bill.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Don't you think that labour are doing a terrible job? Against a backdrop of general dissatisfaction with the coalition, the opposition should be reaping the benefits enormously. Interesting how according to the polls labour's support has leached away.

84a5dd278d69ae3aa74401556d3f16e4.jpg

You could have said exactly the same about the Tories in 2010...

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
You could have said exactly the same about the Tories in 2010...

I think that is a fair point. Dave is not visionary, he is not a visionary leader, more tactical. Their campaign then wasn't good and it just shows you how difficult it is to vote out a government. I suspect we will find the same this time and given the crisis is over I suspect a Tory government m

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
can you show us in where the cuts are hiding in this graph . ffs, for 5 years they have been ring fencing the health budget to the determent of all other departments, but Labour still perpetuate the claim that the budget has been cut.

From your own link:

Allowing for general inflation in the economy, this represents an average real-terms increase of 0.9 per cent per year from 2010/11 to 2015/16, or 0.8 per cent over the current parliament (2010/11 to 2014/15). This is the lowest average annual change of any parliament, contrasting with average annual increases of 5.7 per cent under the Labour administrations between 1997/8 and 2009/10 and 3.2 per cent under the Conservative administration between 1979/80 and 1996/7.

If the budget forecasts were intended to be higher year on year, then any rise smaller than those forecasts is still a cut to the budget. You can't just post a real time rise without the context of what that rise was projected to be compared to what it actually was. I'm pretty sure that is what HT is saying.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
From your own link:

Allowing for general inflation in the economy, this represents an average real-terms increase of 0.9 per cent per year from 2010/11 to 2015/16, or 0.8 per cent over the current parliament (2010/11 to 2014/15). This is the lowest average annual change of any parliament, contrasting with average annual increases of 5.7 per cent under the Labour administrations between 1997/8 and 2009/10 and 3.2 per cent under the Conservative administration between 1979/80 and 1996/7.

If the budget forecasts were intended to be higher year on year, then any rise smaller than those forecasts is still a cut to the budget. You can't just post a real time rise without the context of what that rise was projected to be compared to what it actually was. I'm pretty sure that is what HT is saying.

A real increase is relative to inflation not budget!

I didn't realise that labour increased real spend by nearly 6% for c12 years. Wow. We need an NHS but it has to be better run, it could suck up every penny we earn

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
A real increase is relative to inflation not budget!

I didn't realise that labour increased real spend by nearly 6% for c12 years. Wow. We need an NHS but it has to be better run, it could suck up every penny we earn

Sorry, I didn't mean that. If the NHS has a planned forecast budget of X, then anything below X is a cut to their budget, even if it is still an increase on the previous year.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Sorry, I didn't mean that. If the NHS has a planned forecast budget of X, then anything below X is a cut to their budget, even if it is still an increase on the previous year.

that is pretty desperate reaching, no one would plan ahead so far as to spend unplanned budgets. the point is around whether or not the budget has increased, and it has in cash and real terms.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
that is pretty desperate reaching, no one would plan ahead so far as to spend unplanned budgets. the point is around whether or not the budget has increased, and it has in cash and real terms.

No one plans ahead with regard to budget spending!? :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
[MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] what do you think ?

TNS-BMRB Opinion Poll (2nd - 7th April)
LAB - 33% (+1)
CON - 30% (-3)
UKIP - 19% (+3)
LDEM - 8% (-)
GRN - 4% (-1)
:clap2: :clap2:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
[MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] what do you think ?

TNS-BMRB Opinion Poll (2nd - 7th April)
LAB - 33% (+1)
CON - 30% (-3)
UKIP - 19% (+3)
LDEM - 8% (-)
GRN - 4% (-1)

The next poll will factor in the non-dom stuff so the Labour Party will be even further ahead.

Hoping Bozza posts some odds very soon as my money is burning a hole in my pocket.

The next poll will factor in the non-dom stuff so the Labour Party will be even further ahead.

Hoping Bozza posts some odds very soon as my money is burning a hole in my pocket.

The first national opinion poll shows the Labour non-doms move is 77 per cent for, to 20 per cent against

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
No one plans ahead with regard to budget spending!? :lolol:

the Budget projects spending ahead two or three years, sometimes more in headline policy. you wouldn't therefore plan spending in say 2019 today, because you don't have a firm idea of the budget. you might estimate and put in placeholders, but you wouldn't set your budget on unknowns or speculative guesses on previous history.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here