Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Unfortunately a vote for the Greens is like the Liberal vote of yester year a wasted vote. Good if you want a 20 mph speed limit on most roads and 40 mph on motorways. which is what they will probably bring in LOL.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Unfortunately a vote for the Greens is like the Liberal vote of yester year a wasted vote. Good if you want a 20 mph speed limit on most roads and 40 mph on motorways. which is what they will probably bring in LOL.

I voted for the Greens at the last general and council elections. I ended up with a Green MP -- the first Green MP in the UK, and the first Green MP returned under a FPTP system -- and a Green council. Even it that hadn't happened, I wouldn't have considered it as a wasted vote.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Latest YouGov poll (post-debate):

CON - 34% (-3)
LAB - 33% (-2)
UKIP - 13% (+1)
LDEM - 10% (+3)
GRN - 4% (-1)

You voting Green would be less of a surprise than you using LOL :)

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The council haven't done themselves any favours with all their in-fighting. I'm not sure that they've got too many decisions wrong (I'm in favour of their transport changes, for instance), and they've had a tough time given:
-- none had any experience of running the council
-- they were a minority administration, and the party structure made it even more difficult for the councillors (and one or two of the councillors, e.g. Ben Duncan, behaved like an idiot, utterly oblivious to those he was supposed to represent)
-- they were working within the confines of the devolved axe
I suspect that they'll end up with about ten seats.

I voted for the Greens at the last general and council elections. I ended up with a Green MP -- the first Green MP in the UK, and the first Green MP returned under a FPTP system -- and a Green council. Even it that hadn't happened, I wouldn't have considered it as a wasted vote.

I'll give you Lucas has been a fine MP and I would hope she is re-elected but really Machiavelli, you need to take those Green tinted spectacles off. You can't defend the Greens with 'none had any experience of running the council' - these are supposedly intelligent professional adults. Yet they've made an utter pigs ear of running the council. People don't want 'Vicar of Dibley' amateur jam making style councillors - they want councillors that are responsive and know how to run a multi-million pound organisation.

I could rant for pages but here's three simple examples of how Green councillors / perspective MPs have acted poorly ( and yes, I've posted some of them before and I'm sure my grandchildren, when I get some, will be as bored with them as you ) :

1. At the time if the first Green budget the Greens wanted to increase allotment fees and I was an allotment holder. I campaigned against this and contacted both my local councillors and those on the committee responsible for allotments. Have a guess the only councillors not to even have the professionalism to respond ? You've got it - the Greens. Well that was until they lost the vote when I then received an email attacking the Tories and Labour for ganging up on the Greens. The Green councillors were so amateur that they even copied in the Tory and Labour councillors I'd contacted !

2. We had a lot of problems with anti-social behaviour and drug dealing in Hangleton and I spent a lot of personal time working with our councillors, police and councillor officers to deal with it. All agreed that CCTV in the local park would aid the desire to stamp this out. So I spent hours door knocking and getting people to sign a petition. This was then presented to council by Tony Janio with the support of all our local councilors, council officers and even the police. What happens ? Ben Duncan ( who represented the Green Party at the time ) tweeted about the Tories wanting to spy of our kids in parks. Firstly what was the tw@t doing on Twitter during a council meeting and secondly he shouldn't have belittled normal people in such a way. I even invited him on a tour of Hangleton to show him what the issues were - he couldn't even be bothered to respond.

3. I belong to several campaign groups that are attempting the stamp out the bullying and abuse by private parking companies. Given this, I wrote to every candidate standing as MP in Hove. Have had detailed responses from all of them bar one .... have a guess which one hasn't even acknowledged me ?

As I said, I could come up with numerous more examples and the really galling thing is that I actually voted for the f**kers in the last local elections ! I won't be making the same mistake again. To use a Richard Hebberd quote, the Greens, "I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire".

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Story about Teresa May in the papers tomorrow using public money to lend to a convicted conman, more Tory sleaze

Im sure as it is during the election the story will be balanced and name all the funding oozing out of labour coffers to fund extreme left wing activists who spend most of their time in jail for violence and extremist anti social acts.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Apparently, Nicola Sturgeon would prefer Cameron to remain as PM, and doesn't think Miliband is PM material.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pol...vealed-Full-text-of-Nicola-Sturgeon-memo.html

The Tory strategists are making a right pigs ear of things. What little hope Cameron did have they're destroying. This latest nonsense has simply galvanised the SNP's desire to see Cameron booted out. I wonder if [MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION] still thinks they're shrewd?

" SNP leader Nicola Sturgeon today offers to help make Ed Miliband the next prime minister, even if Labour wins fewer seats than the Tories on 7 May. Her appeal comes as she angrily rejects claims that she thinks he is not up to the job.
Writing in today’s Observer – as a furious row erupted over disparaging private remarks she allegedly made about the Labour leader – Sturgeon challenges him to lead Labour into an anti-austerity alliance with the SNP whichever party is the largest in the House of Commons on 8 May."

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm loving the SNP more each day

"My message to Miliband: will you help us remove the Tories from power?" - Nicola Sturgeon

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The Tory strategists are making a right pigs ear of things. What little hope Cameron did have they're destroying.

Bob Hope >No Hope > Cameron's hope.

Oh.

Screen Shot 2015-04-05 at 07.36.15.png

Screen Shot 2015-04-05 at 07.36.45.png

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm loving the SNP more each day

"My message to Miliband: will you help us remove the Tories from power (because, at the moment, you are completely stuffed, and if you aren't prepared to make major concessions to Scotland you're very close to the end of your political career)?" - Nicola Sturgeon

Fixed for you.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Im a Tory voter and im loving the SNP i think every day more than you...Milliband is now just a puppet

Exactly. people have to wake up to the fact that if labour are the biggest party in a coalition it won't be then calling the shots. The wicked witch of the North will be.:eek:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Exactly. people have to wake up to the fact that if labour are the biggest party in a coalition it won't be then calling the shots. The wicked witch of the North will be.:eek:

Is he strong enough? Hell yes!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As mentioned before - betting slips or it hasn't happened. You must have missed that last time I assume...

Last time round I suggested it was like printing money and that I would pay off my mortgage, take the missus on holiday and buy my celebratory champagne. How serious do you think I was being?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here