Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What one thing would you do to improve NSC?

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Figure out a way to pass SSRI's over HTTP.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
The ability to 'block/ignore, moderators. Please.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Thread Zap.

Much you can ignore users, you could also ignore threads.
This, this, this! If you could zap the threads that a). you had looked at and had no further interest, and / or b). those threads you had no interest in the first place, and only see the threads you wanted, or possibly wanted, to read and contribute to, that would be great.

Also, for us retro people (we're not oldies!) the option to choose the logo; the present one of the Amex in all its glory is splendid, but for some of us those old spotlight towers looming over the Goldstone is just so much more evocative!

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Another thing that would be interesting, and possibly quite amusing, maybe next time a mod is required, open it up to the masses to build a shortlist, then poll for it. Like the name the greyhound thread, only with giving numpties the power to ban?

God only knows who would win out, but it would be interesting to see what happened!!!!!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Like the one we already have (but hasn't been looked at for a long, long time)?

View attachment 63926

Never even knew this existed. As someone else has suggested, it needs more players and less broad bands - it's taken me over 10 years to get above 10k of posts, I'm sure as hell not wasting another 10 years of my life to get to become King Bobby ( OK, that's a lie, I will waste another 10 years on here but you know what I mean ). It should also be displayed in peoples profile on the left of the screen.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Another thing that would be interesting, and possibly quite amusing, maybe next time a mod is required, open it up to the masses to build a shortlist, then poll for it. Like the name the greyhound thread, only with giving numpties the power to ban?

God only knows who would win out, but it would be interesting to see what happened!!!!!

Quite like that idea .... we could have a proper NSC general election, people could throw their hats in the ring with a deposit ( lost deposits for getting less than 5% of the vote go to REMF ), create manifestos, and [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] could even start a premature thread about who he wanted to win and look a prize prat when they didn't.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
It probably could never work but, in an ideal world, it would be nice to have a few threads where pointless criticism and negativity were banned. It is really tedious having to plough through it on every thread and, for those of a more positive persuasion, it is actually quite annoying/frustrating/offputting.

The (often deliberately provocative) thickos can post drivel til their hearts are content on other threads but it would be good to have a place for more considered and generally positive discussion. It could be called the "No negative thickos" area of NSC.

It would be the virtual equivalent of being able to move away when you found yourself standing in front of an idiot moaner in the old North Stand...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I would quite happily make a yearly subscription for an ad free nsc.

I am intrigued by the pleas for an ad-free NSC. I don't believe in ad blockers as I'm quite happy to accept ads on sites as a quid pro quo for free access. I will avoid sites where the ads are really intrusive but NSC ads aren't like that at all, they're very discreet.

Do the people who want NSC ad-free or use ad blockers refuse to watch ITV, Sky, Channel 4 etc because they have ads?

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
The Huddersfield Town Forum (Down at the Mac) does this though the leagues weren't updated last close season.

With this available I think we should excuse Bozza that particular task.

I hear you but Bozza might prefer the NSC traffic to stay on here instead of wandering off to the Huddersfield forum when we need to find the relevant link.
Had a look at that site and can't see the link to other forums tbh.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
A title given to posters depending on their score. Similar to the rep thing we had, but linked in to the thumbs.

E.g a poster with a negative thumb score (more thumbs down that up) would be 'Palace fan' underneath their username. 0-10 could be 'JCL' and so on all the way up to 'Brighton Legend'

This would be a quick, easy way of identifying the WUM from the good posters.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A title given to posters depending on their score. Similar to the rep thing we had, but linked in to the thumbs.

E.g a poster with a negative thumb score (more thumbs down that up) would be 'Palace fan' underneath their username. 0-10 could be 'JCL' and so on all the way up to 'Brighton Legend'

This would be a quick, easy way of identifying the WUM from the good posters.

That's what we had for reputation, as below. The problem is hooking it into other site add-ons, like the thumbs. I'll do some research to see what options there are. It might mean a change to the thumbs system if there's something similar that integrates with reputation.

Screen Shot 2015-03-18 at 11.31.29.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here