Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you give up a permenant role for £800 more a month take home ....

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
Harry Enfields televesion programme - "i'm considerably richer than you"!.......

Stan and Pam Herbert[edit]

An affluent couple who spoke with exaggerated Black Country accents and were forever informing people that "We are considerably richer than yow!" Many sketches involved the couple patronising another couple of similar age, desperate to convince the other couple (Pam's sister and her husband in one sketch) that their greater wealth meant greater happiness or social importance, and their inability to accept the successes or talents of others as being noteworthy (such as the British couple they meet on a Spanish holiday who, fluent in Spanish, are dismissed as "showing off"). They eventually reach their come-uppance when they try this on with a scruffily-dressed man in a hotel, who doesn't want to talk about money, but when pushed by Stan, quietly, and devastatingly from Stan's point of view, reveals that he is actually vastly richer than Stan and, in fact, owns the hotel they are sitting in

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Harry Enfields televesion programme - "i'm considerably richer than you"!.......

Stan and Pam Herbert[edit]

An affluent couple who spoke with exaggerated Black Country accents and were forever informing people that "We are considerably richer than yow!" Many sketches involved the couple patronising another couple of similar age, desperate to convince the other couple (Pam's sister and her husband in one sketch) that their greater wealth meant greater happiness or social importance, and their inability to accept the successes or talents of others as being noteworthy (such as the British couple they meet on a Spanish holiday who, fluent in Spanish, are dismissed as "showing off"). They eventually reach their come-uppance when they try this on with a scruffily-dressed man in a hotel, who doesn't want to talk about money, but when pushed by Stan, quietly, and devastatingly from Stan's point of view, reveals that he is actually vastly richer than Stan and, in fact, owns the hotel they are sitting in

Sums it up perfectly really. I would imagine there are a few IT contractors earning 16k a MONTH on this board. Don't really see them shouting it from the rooftops.

Timmy thinks he's in the big leagues. What next an upgrade on his selsey caravan holiday ? Bognor Regis maybe?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Give up job stability for £3,200? Are you on glue? You've either never earned much money in your life to think that's a good deal or you are starting threads for the sake of it. Have a ****ing word.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Oh and please keep the permanent job, as I have noticed they don't let you have Internet access during the day, and the rest of us get a break from this drivel

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
If the job is in a country with no internet access, then take it, then try and push immediately for an extension to the contract. Anything over two years would be brilliant.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Ah Tom . Sorry I dropped you on face book. You're a Mitty too Walter for me

Ok. It's either this version of events or.....

You kept leaving inane comments on my posts. Culminating in my bird asking whether I know 'that fat bald weirdo'. I deleted you .... you then went on nsc (and I'm sure someone can check this) moaning that I dropped you.

I will let the good readers of nsc decide who is telling the truth ;-)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Ok. It's either this version of events or.....

You kept leaving inane comments on my posts. Culminating in my bird asking whether I know 'that fat bald weirdo'. I deleted you .... you then went on nsc (and I'm sure someone can check this) moaning that I dropped you.

I will let the good readers of nsc decide who is telling the truth ;-)

:catfight:

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
ARP_Bell_white_bg.JPG

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Embarrassing, as always.

(Piss poor spelling, also as always).

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
When I started looking I was under threat of redundancy . Now that is rescinded . But the agency can't understand why I have turned down £16000 for four months work. (Gross)

Its a definite no. Anyone who would pay a prick like you that much money clearly has no future.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
You need to take into account your age Tim, in your late 50's whilst your counting down to retirement every monthly wage packet counts, I think you do need to look at the bigger picture beyond Dec 31st.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Had a job interview today
£7.00 per hour going up to £15.00 per hour after 3 months
the guy asked me when could I start
I said after 3 months

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As an aside Timmy. You have not mentioned your second property for some time now. Have you had to sell it?

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
... but a contract limited to 31st December?

Well would you ?

No - stay put - keep your perm role. The money would be great - although with the market no guarantee to get what you were earning on a regular basis, and your general lifestyle

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here