Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jose Mourinho planning SHOCK move for Lewis Dunk...

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Really?

You think there will have been people inside the game sitting down to watch the USA game and thinking "hang on - who's that bloke in the England number 6 shirt?"

Exactly. Every club has full chapter and verse on every player of interest in their price range. The Albion certainly do.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I’m going have to wait then before buying my daughter that “one of our own, Dunk scarf” they are selling pre-order. She put it on her Christmas list. Bit of a dilemma.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well you should all be a-feckin-shamed of yourselves
Take a good hard look in the mirror you YOU are what's wrong with NSC and this country in general.

The club ought to offer Dunk a contract extension so he doesn't leave on the cheap.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Well you should all be a-feckin-shamed of yourselves
Take a good hard look in the mirror you YOU are what's wrong with NSC and this country in general.

The club ought to offer Dunk a contract extension so he doesn't leave on the cheap.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2018/october/new-deals-for-dunk-and-duffy/

5th October 2018

Brighton & Hove Albion defensive duo Lewis Dunk and Shane Duffy have both agreed new five-year contracts, extending their time at the club until June 2023.

#beprepared

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
With Duffy/Balogan as starters, would it make sense to have the likes of Smalling on the bench at £100k p/w?

Absolutely not, completely agree - that’s why my original post was me being interested in asking the views on whether people would prefer to get someone like Smalling in or promote Balogun as a starter and get someone else in to cover him. The subsequent debate about wages is a valid part of the discussion though :)

el punal

Also, I'd like to know how they are actually 'keeping tabs'. Are they collecting his old Sainsbury receipts? Or are there merely watching him play football on the television?

Anyway, this is clearly bullshit as it doesn't mention that Palace are about to Swoop for Dunk in the window.

Just as well we haven’t got a Cladding playing for us otherwise THAT lot would try and buy on the cheap.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
140 million for the 3 .....seeing as selling all 3 is likely to see us relegated......recall walton ....throw bologun in and pinch tomori back off derby.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Dunk has brought a house in Hurstpierpoint,It's being renovated as we speak

boik

My opinion would be, if Dunk were to stop the building works on the new gaff, then have Balogan come straight in then look for a young, up & coming replacement rather than someone being moved on by their existing club and will be earning big bucks.

Looks like they're just on the finishing touches now. And the interior lighting is still blue - not been changed to red yet.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Good post. What makes you think Walton will be ready or, more precisely, how many games have you seen him play for Wigan?

I have seen him play about 3 times on sky when they played mid week. Also up to a couple of weeks ago he had the most clean sheets out of every keeperin the league in 2018. I do think he is going through a bit of a lul at the moment.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Selling all 3 would not see us relegated.

What is stop us buying new players?

it would in my opinion, thus the price tag .....i'm not saying balogun isn't up to it either but hypothetically , as discussed on the other thread , three vital players out in one transaction has got to have a detrimental effect .........particularly with our penchant for defending for our lives for large parts of a game

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I certainly wouldn't begrudge Dunk the move to help his career along. Hope he stays and I can't help thinking that he's worth more to us than anyone else will spend on him, so unless Lewis asks for the move, he'll stay put. As for the idea of Duffy, Dunk an Ryan being sold at the same time.... I don't remember three players being transferred between the same clubs since Rijkaard Gullit and Van Basten going to Milan. So it doesn't happen often. And it won't happen to us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here