Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cardiff City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
I'm absolutely fuming with Dale Stephens. He has single handedly cost us 3 points today.

Not the first time he has made an idiotic, pointless challenge like this, that has cost us points.

Time for Bissouma to step up and win his spot in the first team.

Stevens Average player at best we need better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
CH needs to stop being so defensive against the lower teams. The players all seem to have lost the ability to pass the ball forward. We treated Cardiff like world beaters today

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Can't wait to smash that shower of crap at the Amex.
You might have to wait until next season

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sargey

Jan 27, 2006
Portslade
Poor refereeing didn't help but the incredible lack of any thought of taking the game to our opponents is costing us time and time again.....OK, there are times where the defensive mode is needed but week in week out against teams that are there for the taking?

What amazes me is that Hughton genuinely believes this is the best way to get results away from home even with our terrible away record in the Premier league?

Too negative, too defensive and I genuinely think we will be in a relegation dog fight......

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Not wanting to keep repeating myself but there was only one team in it until the equaliser and the sending off made it impossible for us to play any other way. How hard is that to understand? So easy to find a stick to beat Hughton, this result was not down to CH. The ref takes much more responsibilty.

I really wouldn’t bother

I’m not sure what some expected with 10 men

It’s a basic tactic to try and defend and get the point if Down to 10

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Not wanting to keep repeating myself but there was only one team in it until the equaliser and the sending off made it impossible for us to play any other way. How hard is that to understand? So easy to find a stick to beat Hughton, this result was not down to CH. The ref takes much more responsibilty.

We've played ugly football all year. Believe it or not it's supposed to be entertaining for the fans, That's what fans deserve for handing over their hard earned.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Bored of this tired dinosaur Lower league tactics we play .

It has to be the most simplistic formation in all of Europe’s top leagues .

This squad is better than this

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004

Not sure I agree entirely. At 1-0 before the red card, and with Cardiff looking rattled we did what everyone on here knew that we'd do - start the attempt to defend the 1-0 for 84 more minutes.

Can get a bit frustrating.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Not might , he was offside.

Yep. Clearly offside on the replay.

That's a really harsh one to take. Play an hour away from home with ten men then concede an injury time winner to an offside goal.

We brought it on ourselves I guess with that limp, passive period after taking the lead. Cardiff were there for the taking but it looked like we got complacent, conceded the equaliser, got a man(a little harshly imo) sent off and then it was an uphill battle.

Very frustrating day, Cardiff are as poor a side as I can remember seeing in the premier league. I'll be surprised if they break 30 points let alone stay up.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
We were just unlucky today. Bad day at the office. It happens. Very harsh red, lucky deflection for the equaliser and fortunate winner. Cardiff are very poor and will be relegated. Had we had 11 players we would have won comfortably.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
We haven’t played well since Propper and Gross have been out. Let’s see if that changes when they’re back. At the moment we’re no better than Cardiff or Fulham but are ahead of them thanks to three streaky wins.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Stevens Average player at best we need better

But he never gives the ball away. Don't you no nuffink?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Come on, do you really think the ref lost us this game? We were shocking, again. We need to start looking closer to home.

It doesn't help

The issues we have are also contributing, the problem is we lack the players we need to effectively counter against away teams, (Murray's lack of pace isn't a threat and he is only really effective when we are pushing around their penalty area which is why he is more in the game at home where there is more support around him - all home teams are more adventurous at home),

We also don't have the breaking players who can getup there quickly to put numbers in their penalty area when we do break quickly so it means the whole attack is easily countered and we lose possession and it comes back at us again

We lack the players to force teams back and make them defend for most of the game (that may come with time as the side evolves over several seasons) and often find we play teams that can break quickly, so we are forced to play in this more solid style as that is the one that suits our resources

What i have found a little disturbing so far this season is how badly we seem to be passing the ball around when we do look to attack, it's all very disjointed, poorly weighted passes and nothing like i know we could play - we are lacking any fluidity atm, and that's where our problem lies, (if you are unlikely to hurt the opposition when you do counter attack, they can push further up knowing tat the danger is less, the more effective you are at countering, the more they worry and adjust their tactics to this threat and tend not to push up as much - this also means that we have less space to pass the ball around because the players are closer together and we have more opposition players closer so we don't get the time on the ball, meaning we have to force things (which makes it less likely to work) or we hit it longer and then have the problem again with our disjointed countering (including a lack of support to those countering players which means they are less effective

The problem is not with the usual suspects who are make the scapegoats (like Bong)

I still believe we will be fine this season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here