Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robotix...and perhaps other obsolete toys that would be great today

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Mouse trap

You can still get mouse trap, saw it in The Entertainer this week!

What about...

knievel+12.jpg

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
For some, it is the eating of a small cake that causes reverie. For me, it was this image. My Nana played this with me for hours on end when I was a small kid. I loved this game, and loved that time with her. It really is remarkable how powerful a single input can be in prompting a recollection of times past.

I hope I didn't cause any distress. Sorry.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
This was my childhood and... A sand pit.

Attachments

• AQUAPLAY Wasserbahn - Aquaplay Wasserspielzeug im Aquaplay Poeppelshop.jpg
    AQUAPLAY Wasserbahn - Aquaplay Wasserspielzeug im Aquaplay Poeppelshop.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 338

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
lego-benny-spaceship-side-view-70816.jpg

Was lego much better 30 years ago? Am I just being an old fart? It was certainly more versatile. You could make shit like this if you cobbled together various bits from a few different kits.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I hope I didn't cause any distress. Sorry.

Not in any way. Having a powerful memory of a dearly loved relative/friend is nearly all positive. Of course, there is sadness at the fact that she is gone, and that I haven't seen her for 15 years; but by far the stronger feeling was of pleasure at the memory of the hours we spent together, her patience, her smile and her love.

Yes, it was a movin experience, but it was 95% positive. So, far from you having to apologise, it is I who should, and do, thank you. :thumbsup:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

Was lego much better 30 years ago? Am I just being an old fart? It was certainly more versatile. You could make shit like this if you cobbled together various bits from a few different kits.

Yep. That was the fun of Lego, you thought up stuff to build. Now, I'm afraid, kids just buy £200 Star Wars or Pirate sets. With every bit planned and designed for them. And in the UK it's started to be called Lego's. Down the shitter.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yep. That was the fun of Lego, you thought up stuff to build. Now, I'm afraid, kids just buy £200 Star Wars or Pirate sets. With every bit planned and designed for them. And in the UK it's started to be called Lego's. Down the shitter.
I have to agree with you and [MENTION=59]Mental Lental[/MENTION]. It's quite infuriating. I bought my eldest the Hogwarts a few years ago. He built it ONCE and it has sat on his shelf ever since. There will be no point to Lego if they continue this bizarre idea that the only way to remain market leader in the sector is to spend a fortune on licensing and then pass that onto the consumer in the form of obscene play set costs.

I now tend to go to Wilkos now where they do budget Lego-compatible bricks, simply because once it's been built, a week later the pieces end up merged together with the rest of the Lego/Blox. There is no pressure not to lose the bits, unlike with a £130 Hogwarts set.

Lego's quality is of course FAR better than Wilkos Blox and I really would prefer it if Lego competed on quality and innovation to maintain their market leading brand, rather than licensing.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I have to agree with you and [MENTION=59]Mental Lental[/MENTION]. It's quite infuriating. I bought my eldest the Hogwarts a few years ago. He built it ONCE and it has sat on his shelf ever since. There will be no point to Lego if they continue this bizarre idea that the only way to remain market leader in the sector is to spend a fortune on licensing and then pass that onto the consumer in the form of obscene play set costs.

I now tend to go to Wilkos now where they do budget Lego-compatible bricks, simply because once it's been built, a week later the pieces end up merged together with the rest of the Lego/Blox. There is no pressure not to lose the bits, unlike with a £130 Hogwarts set.

Lego's quality is of course FAR better than Wilkos Blox and I really would prefer it if Lego competed on quality and innovation to maintain their market leading brand, rather than licensing.

I do know of several people that go to the extent of super gluing the themed sets together so that it ends up fixed toy...:eek:

That said, the Lego 'Creative' sets still retain that build what you like feel. Bought my daughter one of the house sets, there are 3 variations to follow which then leads the child onto coming up with their own configurations.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That said, the Lego 'Creative' sets still retain that build what you like feel. Bought my daughter one of the house sets, there are 3 variations to follow which then leads the child onto coming up with their own configurations.
And that's what happened is it?

SHE came up with her OWN configurations on how SHE wanted to build a house. :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here