Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
One day you might just say something balanced ..part ofgoing to a match is about hope ..I'll keep it that way :thumbsup:

I say plenty of positive things which you deliberately choose to ignore. There hasn't been much this season with our shambolic recruitment and whoever gave the nod to sign a 5 foot keeper for the Premier league should be shot.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Another defeat today. Why the hell is Ryan still being picked ? Hemed upfront who needs 3 chances which he won't get to score along with no pace.

I'd hate to be sat next to you on an aircraft. I reckon even the cabin crew would want to throw you out 30,000 ft over the sea, taking your half empty cup with you

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I say plenty of positive things which you deliberately choose to ignore. There hasn't been much this season with our shambolic recruitment and whoever gave the nod to sign a 5 foot keeper for the Premier league should be shot.

Well I apologise then ..I haven't ignored them ..just not seen any..but I'll be sure to look closer..Up the Albion

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We might get a bit of joy down their left. They only have one left back who was sent off last week, hopefully Knocky will be able to exploit the inexperienced stand in. Izquierdo coming on later should be a pretty exciting addition.

I'm feeling quite positive as it happens.

:bhasign:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I say plenty of positive things which you deliberately choose to ignore. There hasn't been much this season with our shambolic recruitment and whoever gave the nod TO sign a 5 foot keeper for the Premier league should be shot.

Chin up [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION]. Just enjoy the ride. We're not expected to do anything, so anything we do will be a bonus.Worst/best case scenario: the ST waiting list vanishes overnight and the proper fans get a less-gruesome queue for a beer and a train home.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
One of the best teams fielded I think not , 1 fit striker in a premier league team can u name any other team that had only that doubt it . Recruitment has been poor at best all that money spent and still no striker and now going to end up over paying to get them in . Some things just never change at Brighton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might think not, but you're clearly very keen to be a misrable sod this afternoon and have a little cry about this "1 fit striker" situation. It's a shame that Murray is injured, obviously, as he is our best striker. It's a shame that we are finding it so hard to bring in a striker without paying ridiculously over the odds which could threaten the financial stability of the club. The long term is more important than the short term, no?

The comments on this thread about our team are pathetic when we're talking about one of the best starting teams this club has ever fielded.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Hughton has been a genius here... going against the critics that say he is negative by starting all our strikers [emoji106]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hughton has been a genius here... going against the critics that say he is negative by starting all our strikers [emoji106]

:bowdown:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Chin up [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION]. Just enjoy the ride. We're not expected to do anything, so anything we do will be a bonus.Worst/best case scenario: the ST waiting list vanishes overnight and the proper fans get a less-queuesome train home.

It shouldn't have to be chin up and all that. How many times have the club drummed into to us that we are Premier league READY ?

We even got a massive head start in the recruitment department and failed to capitalize on it. It shouldn't got this far where we are playing with one slow striker and a small keeper.

It's not every day you are giving millions to improve your team. It's not even a case of bad luck either regarding results.

How can anyone enjoy this current ride ?

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
A Premier league team has one striker in its match day squad. That's pitiful.

This! Supposedly tried to sign strikers in January transfer window and now 8 months on and a Prem club we are still unbelievably short! The teams like Burnley,Bournemouth,Stoke,Swansea who managed to survive against the odds all recruited £10M plus strikers. Some signed a couple! Our summer priority was a minimum of 2 quality strikers! Oh and Huddersfield got it!. Really hard to comprehend! Can i see us signing 2 next week? Doubtful! Loans no good either! When was our last sucessfull loanee striker! Tony Rougier or Lorenzo Pinamonte! Loan forwards dont work for us!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We might get a bit of joy down their left. They only have one left back who was sent off last week, hopefully Knocky will be able to exploit the inexperienced stand in. Izquierdo coming on later should be a pretty exciting addition.

I'm feeling quite positive as it happens.

Yes, I believe they're actually playing a teenager in his place. Madness! You can't do that in the PL - surely they could have gone out and got a 30 something Serbo-Croat full back with a bit of experience in Bundesliga div. 3 rather than resorting to such desperate measures? I'm so glad that we would never countenance he prospect of doing anything so pathetic!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Yes, I believe they're actually playing a teenager in his place. Madness! You can't do that in the PL - surely they could have gone out and got a 30 something Serbo-Croat full back with a bit of experience in Bundesliga div. 3 rather than resorting to such desperate measures? I'm so glad that we would never countenance he prospect of doing anything so pathetic!

Lets hope Knocky rips him apart.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Is everybody forgetting that we (almost) PISSED the league last season with this diabolical recruitment team we're all talking about?

We've always been SHIT at getting strikers in because it's ****ing difficult. This is our THIRD league game of the season and we've got Baldock, Murray and Izzy Brown out injured. Keep the faith you miserable buggers!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here