Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you leave games early?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The trouble with the second theory is that there are a lot easier places to watch the game than the Amex. I suppose we just have to accept that there are a number of people who come to the Amex whose heart really lies elsewhere.
This is an unpalatable fact.

Despite our geographic advantage we have not had enough success over our history and in recent years, yet, to create sufficient fanbase of loyal fans for average home gates of 26K. We currently rub shoulders and compare ourselves with the likes of Ipswich, Norwich, Wolves, Derby, Leeds, and Forest etc but we have had nothing like the success or good times that built these clubs.

Crowds at The Amex are brilliant in number but they do include a lot of relatively fairweather fans (both new and old).

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I have been known to nod off late at night watching the game on the computer after a long day.
I suppose that could be seen as leaving early.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
From 1987 to present day, I have never left early. Doesn't make a me a superfan, but the question was asked, so I've answered it!

Last edited:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Once that really sticks in my mind. Bristol Rovers and Cloughies home defeat 2:8 I left at half time and sat at Hove train station waiting for a train.
Now I'm in my seat until the final whistle. Bad games I'm away on the whistle to get the shuttle bus, good games I cheer the team off and have a post match pint.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
I've only ever left early once and that was the Millwall game the season before last. Shit game and nasty atmosphere. When it kicked off in the away end I decided to cut my losses as I had my son with me and didn't fancy getting caught up in that if it kicked off again in the queue for the trains.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Saturday games, no as I'll stay and have a beer afterwards, not driving and friends don't need to rush home.

Midweek games, maybe aye. Train connections can be hit and miss so often leave the car in Lewes, particularly if bringing grandson on a school night. So no beer, need to get the lad home at a reasonable hour and queuing isn't my favourite thing, particularly in bad weather.

Amex, like any out of town ground, suffers as you can't just wander straight off into town afterwards. Getting away from the ground likely involves a queue of some sort which a good number of people don't fancy for whatever reason.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Amex, like any out of town ground, suffers as you can't just wander straight off into town afterwards. Getting away from the ground likely involves a queue of some sort which a good number of people don't fancy for whatever reason.

Total and utter respect to anybody who attends midweek games and who doesn't live in the immediate vicinity and who has to rely on the scrum for the trains to get home. If I didn't live three miles down the road, I certainly wouldn't do it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The last game I remember leaving early was the Sami game vs Millwall because I was seething he hadn't been sacked and hated watching the ongoing debacle.

I think I left at half time.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Saturday was crap, the game, the weather, my boy just started year two so was knackered after first week back at school and having been made to do football training in the morning. He was a grumpy wee swine so we left at 83 mins as he needed the loo and was moaning.

With kids sometimes you just have to go but I have been known to slip out between the 88th and 90th min if the game has nothing left in it when my kids aint there, it takes me about 40 mins to get home from when I get to Mill Road so that is in the back of my mind. I sing and shout encouragement throughout the game and I pay my money the same as everyone else. Sorry if that upsets anyone.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Total and utter respect to anybody who attends midweek games and who doesn't live in the immediate vicinity and who has to rely on the scrum for the trains to get home. If I didn't live three miles down the road, I certainly wouldn't do it.

Seagull Travel is a gem!

No hassle coming in from Shoreham

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Tuesday's only and only a minute or so, long drive home

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
When Crewe smashed us at Withdean, I went back in to the lounge to get a drink on Saturday around the 87th minute as it was just never going to go our way.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
12th September 2006.

Vs Bournemouth at Withdean, Tuesday night game.

Bored to tears after 30 minutes. Had 2 weeks leave from work booked, so left at half-time, put a pin in the road atlas in my car and drove straight to Cornwall. Arrived in Newquay in early hours and slept in the car. In the morning I bought some clothes, a wetsuit and a tent and stayed there for 10 days.

Happy times.

Now that sounds like an adventure, Coooooooool!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I saw you sneaking out!
what had you bought in the shop?

A new away shirt with Knocky (will score the winner against Huddersfield) 11 on the back, which I wore tonight :wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here