Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 7 Years ago today...

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
... we won promotion to the Championship from League 1 after roller coaster match against Dagenham & Redbridge!

This popped up on my facebook feed. GREAT TIMES!
216837_508043307188_4924536_n.jpg

ALL ABOARD THE GUS BUS!

:banana:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’m guessing Barnes’ goal was a miss hit cross, he was never good enough for us.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Bridcutt super volley!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I thought that was Carlisle but I could be wrong. I was at that game too, shot memory

It could have been, he never got many so thought it must have been this! Was Carlisle the late Horse goal? Can’t remember , 7 years has taken its toll.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I turned up late to that one. I thought Murray had put us 2-0 up, and didn't know otherwise until half an hour into the game. :dunce:

el punal

It could have been, he never got many so thought it must have been this! Was Carlisle the late Horse goal? Can’t remember , 7 years has taken its toll.

Nope. His goal was around the 96th minute against Oldham - we won 2-1, and went top of League One and stayed there until the end of the season.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
At that game, must admit it was such a back and forth game that when our 4th went in I said to the man next to me "we winning now, right?" there was no score board and I lost count (probably a little bit merry at the time)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Again I might be wrong but I believe that goal was what prompted Cantnor’s “ It’s the stuff of dreams, it’s the stuff of Champions” commentary

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8415046 said:
This beauty!

[yt]XVXPHizUvBY[/yt]

My memory has gone to toffee, even though I was at both games I’ve always remembered the volley as being against Dagenham. Was the Dagenham game the final one in March when we played something ridiculous like 9 games and won all of them?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
My memory has gone to toffee, even though I was at both games I’ve always remembered the volley as being against Dagenham. Was the Dagenham game the final one in March when we played something ridiculous like 9 games and won all of them?

Think it was actually P8 W8 but like you my memory not so good these days

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Again I might be wrong but I believe that goal was what prompted Cantnor’s “ It’s the stuff of dreams, it’s the stuff of Champions” commentary

You are right, it was Bridcutt's goal against Carlisle which brought that outburst.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Fantastic game, am I right in thinking we got told to keep off the pitch, or the players wouldn’t come back out after the final whistle....
Heard that since as well somewhere, can’t think where ?

The most astonishing thing in those seven years is..... we have not been relegated, is that a record outside our division three south days ? Or since our last rise to the top flight ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here