Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Did Izquierdo mess his pants when he just had the goalie to beat ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Spot on. They really need to take up the slack. Propper and Stephens have no league goals between them which is just ridiculous while March, Knockaert, Izquierdo, Kayal and Locadia (when he's played there) have nine between them. That [gets calculator out] is 1.2 goals per midfielder to date this season. That's very, very poor, however you look at it.

At least we can rely on out centre backs making hay from the inch perfect deadball crosses...

...oh.

Why the hell are people moaning about goals scored, away form ect, this season.

By rights this team ought to be well well below t'other Albion.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Just don't understand why he didn't knock it round the keeper and slot it into the empty net. Easy chance missed, sadly.
This
Not the first time he's cocked up what should have been a nailed-on goal. Yes, he's scored a few blinders but he just seems to lack a certain something when in really promising positions, whether that's seeing a better pass or a keener eye in front of goal.

Sent from my laptop using my fingers
This
Spot on. They really need to take up the slack. Propper and Stephens have no league goals between them which is just ridiculous while March, Knockaert, Izquierdo, Kayal and Locadia (when he's played there) have nine between them. That [gets calculator out] is 1.2 goals per midfielder to date this season. That's very, very poor, however you look at it.
This this and this
Is there a reason we're giving Jose shit for this and not Propper for missing the target entirely when through on goal?
This I think was a worse miss at least propper hadn't run around for 80 odd minutes.
Yeah Murphy would have been clinical in both of Jose's clear cut 1v1's, this season.
As would Tomer with all the penalties, and Baldock with the St John's Ambulance.
HAHA re Bladock

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Too much confidence that his speed of reactions would be quicker than the keepers. He is playing a higher standard now. Better technique needed.

Choices

Manoeuvre to get space to get a clear shot on goal
Dribble around the keeper and shoot from a narrow angle (Mounie)
Addenda: this is flicking the ball with the outside of the foot to get clear of the keeper to find extra space for the shot, but Premier League keeper's can see this coming, but sometimes cannot stop it.

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
How is the op justified? You think because he missed a chance they are justified to take a bat to his knees!?
Jesus, ever heard of sarcasm? , pretty sure the OP was joking in that regard.
The point he makes is justified, Izzy fluffed his lines and bottled it. He's a great player when he doesn't have too much time to think.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
He had a bad first touch (it was late in the game so he must have been tired), which took him too close to the keeper, and then he had little time to adjust, and his finishing options were limited.

I don't think it's got much to do with 'bottle', 'technique', 'confidence', 'having time to think' or 'decision making'.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
He had a bad first touch (it was late in the game so he must have been tired), which took him too close to the keeper, and then he had little time to adjust, and his finishing options were limited.

I don't think it's got much to do with 'bottle', 'technique', 'confidence', 'having time to think' or 'decision making'.

This

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Addenda: this is flicking the ball with the outside of the foot to get clear of the keeper to find extra space for the shot, but Premier League keeper's can see this coming, but sometimes cannot stop it.

Forgot one, kick the ball wide of the keeper and if it's on your weaker foot, earn an equity award with a trailing leg and a dive (Murray for Palace)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Aren’t these things the basics of football? Or does it take more courage to shoot from outside the box when he’s not expected to score (and very rarely does). I could have taken a cricket bat to his knees after he missed that one. Pathetic.

Sometimes I'd like to punch you really hard in the face. :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Jesus, ever heard of sarcasm? , pretty sure the OP was joking in that regard.
The point he makes is justified, Izzy fluffed his lines and bottled it. He's a great player when he doesn't have too much time to think.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The OP is a complete knob, and I am now going to block him.....

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
If Propper, Izquierdo and the rest were as proficient in every situation as some on here expect them to be, then they’d be playing for a far bigger club than little old us.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
He's still quite raw reminds of Mane at Saints in the early days. A good pre season and I'm quite sure we will see great things from Jose next season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If Propper, Izquierdo and the rest were as proficient in every situation as some on here expect them to be, then they’d be playing for a far bigger club than little old us.

That's normally my argument but we are beginning to run out of 'far bigger clubs'.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
The thread title did make me chuckle.

The answer is no, it was a bad miss but I thought Propper’s was worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And Murray's two pathetic efforts (one the penalty) the week before weren't any better.

We broke our transfer record to buy a striker who has either been played out of position or has not played at all. I really am not understanding this!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And Murray's two pathetic efforts (one the penalty) the week before weren't any better.

We broke our transfer record to buy a striker who has either been played out of position or has not played at all. I really am not understanding this!

Despite what [MENTION=30752]NooBHA[/MENTION] says it does seem that given the choice CH likes to 'Hughtonise' players on the training ground before throwing them into matches.
Someone on here alluded to that, suggesting CH needs to trust his players before he lets them play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here