Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Where is the strangest place you have ever slept?

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
In someone's front garden after I had been thrown over a hedge by a group of much older lads, shortly followed by my bike which landed on top of me. I was a tad drunk and stayed there for a few hours.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Between two graves. I was part of a team doing a training night hike and we got to the end point 5 hours early which was a church. We tried sleeping on the church steps but they were too hard and cold. I found the grass between the graves was warm and so went to sleep. The rest of the team decided to stay awake.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
After a private engagement party at The Railway Bell one Saturday night/Sunday morning, I staggered across to the taxi rank opposite at Brighton Station, at that time it was located on Queens Road, pavement side of the lane headed toward the clock tower.
There was not a taxi to be seen, so I decided to sit on the top step of the doorway of the nearest building to wait, I assumed one would be there soon.
I fell asleep sitting leaning against the left hand side of said doorway.
Traffic noise etc. woke me up hours later, I looked around the step I was sitting on and was surprised to find it littered with coins.
I wasn' t poorly dressed, but passers by must have assumed that I was homeless and tossed coins onto the step.
On adding it all up I found that there was a little over 5 pounds there, enough for taxi fare home, so it was a result I suppose.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I was once found on my desk at work by the caretaker who was locking up at 8pm.

When I was around 20 I missed the last train home from Brighton so stayed the night at the train station on a bench. I then got the first train in the morning and headed into work

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
It was in the days of the all night film shows, which used to start at around 11 pm and end hours later.
The venue was the cinemas at the Top Rank.
After a night on the piss, some friends and I decided that going to this would be a good idea, so we left Swifts on West Street and walked over the road.
It was a James Bond film night and even though I am not keen on Bond films I went along anyway.
There were about 4 or 5 Bond films to be shown one after the other and about halfway through the first one I lifted a couple of armrests and stretched out, within a short time I was out for the count.
I was woken up by the cleaners when they started their shift in the morning.
Everyone had gone when it was over and left me there, I had a really sore neck for ages from the armrest my head was on.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
It was in the days of the all night film shows, which used to start at around 11 pm and end hours later.
The venue was the cinemas at the Top Rank.
After a night on the piss, some friends and I decided that going to this would be a good idea, so we left Swifts on West Street and walked over the road.
It was a James Bond film night and even though I am not keen on Bond films I went along anyway.
There were about 4 or 5 Bond films to be shown one after the other and about halfway through the first one I lifted a couple of armrests and stretched out, within a short time I was out for the count.
I was woken up by the cleaners when they started their shift in the morning.
Everyone had gone when it was over and left me there, I had a really sore neck for ages from the armrest my head was on.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
At my seat in the Amex pre-match after getting overnight flight in economy from Houston - kids told me I was snoring so must have been fully out

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Sounds like you could have got into trouble for that?

In today's world, yes; back then, no. This was years ago, and the airmen on duty were doing me and my girlfriend (now wife) a big favour when we (and they) couldn't locate a friend of ours who lived on the base who we were visiting. They were extremely kind and accommodating. However, pretty sure they'd get into trouble now if they tried to be as helpful.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
A Bus Shelter in Icklesham. Missed the ferry back from Calais, bunked on another one and made a strange way back to Brighton that night.

Must have been 1980.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here