Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Izzy Brown

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
A few big moves at the top end of various leagues will make other players surplus to requirements and therefore more likely to move. For example, West Ham want Giroud but Arsenal won't sell him until they know what's happening with Alexis Sanchez and various targets that they're hoping to bring in. Huddersfield have bought a load of players that other clubs were willing to let go. We may end up with some that other clubs were willing to keep.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Do you really think this is going to be our biggest sgning?
I've absolutely no idea!

However, Brown on loan for a season would be a good move for us, I believe. Impressed with 'Udders last season, and apparently one that Chelsea are reluctant to sell. Not an earth-shattering headline-gathering addition, maybe, but a good example of us working steadily and sensibly to improve our squad for the coming season.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I reckon we'll see 2+ over £10 million.

We have bid12 mill for Delaney who is a CM so that idea we will spend over 10mill a couple of times would be about right.. personally i would imagine one big marquee signing, 1 of two 10 mill signings and rest made up of 3-4 millions and loans!!

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
We have bid12 mill for Delaney who is a CM so that idea we will spend over 10mill a couple of times would be about right.. personally i would imagine one big marquee signing, 1 of two 10 mill signings and rest made up of 3-4 millions and loans!!

Or, a couple of the great Chelsea & Arsenal unwanted on loan, Charlie Adam, Carlos Kickaball on a free from Getafe, and a Slovenian U21 international goalkeeper from the Eredivisie.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
If that is the case then my confidence of staying up will hit rock bottom. At the moment i'm concerned. It does feel we are trying to do things on the cheap a bit to much.

Agreed 100%.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Even if he does sign i'm still underwhelmed. Really thought we would be setting our sights higher.

What's so special about him?

Lightweight version of Beram Kayal?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Or maybe a younger and faster version of Kayal?

Younger yes. I think we have two PL players in Rosenior and Kayal that are quick enough for the PL, but because of long term injuries could not get up to pace last season. Three players if we include Solly March, also injury hit.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Could this one be announced today as well? Or will the club wait until the squad have returned from Austria?

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
Hope this happens. We need back up for Gross in the no. 10 role and it sounds like Brown could provide that, without breaking the bank or taking up a squad place. What's not to like?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
It does feel we are trying to do things on the cheap a bit to much.

Our 3 signings so far this summer are our 3 most expensive transfer fees ever.*

*depends on various reports of Duffy's fee last summer. could be 3 of the top 4.

Last edited:

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
So Baldock isn't fighting it out for the no.10 role then?

I may be wrong, but I don't really see him as a no. 10 (in the sense of playing in the hole between midfield and a loan striker), more as an option if we want to play a more traditional 4-4-2, perhaps coming on if we need a goal later on or want to be more attacking at home.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here