Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Official: Oscar resignation accepted***

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Wasn't a pop at you as I didn't know who had posted it or how true it was but was just enlightening the poster as to why I said what I said about the successor

Ahh fair enough then. It did genuinely happen and that is what he said.
Seems likely to be true now, if Oscar made his feelings known to the board a while back.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
It seems Sherwood is a shu in, with the bookies but I am not going to make any predictions after my Darren Ferguson debacle last season.

I think I would take that.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
The club 'knew weeks ago', and had done plenty of research a year ago.
It wouldn't surprise me if a medium sized list is already drawn up.

The question is do they wait a week or 2 just to see if anyone else they fancy becomes available.

Nothing will happen till the end of July anyway as Mr Bloom is going on holiday for 3 weeks tomorrow.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Well that's a nightmare then. Really don't want to have to start all over again. Hope it is true that the new appointment is in the wings and we get him in very fast to prep for pre season

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Giggsy as an outside shout....

He will be backroom at Old Trafford until he is dead I would expect.

Would be awesome though.

Eurobound

Brazil 2014- here we come
Nov 3, 2003
Didnt want Sherwood last time round- wanted Pulis or Allardyce
Think Sherwood would be fab now tho- right attitude and done well at Tottenham

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Nothing will happen till the end of July anyway as Mr Bloom is going on holiday for 3 weeks tomorrow.

If it's lined up, there could be an announcement tonight !

For no reason other than prior NSC rumour I reckon it's Mackay or Zola.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
The most boring football I've ever experienced from a Brighton side, while I have tremendous respect for him as a person I'm glad we're going to freshen things up.

Zola if Malky has already gone to Norwich please.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Even if true, a 3 week holiday would take him until the end of May/start of June...where the hell does the end of July enter the equation?

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Paul Clement is a highly regarded coach at Real Madrid. Assistant to Carlo Ancelotti at Chelsea, PSG and Real Madrid. Stated he wants to return to England and manage in the Premiership in the future. Could be a runner.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
**** Awaits a real flaming but ..... ****

Where are the posters that always shouted from the roof tops that Gus was so unloyal but Oscar was different ? [MENTION=99]B.W.[/MENTION] for example !

This makes the actions the club took against Tanno and Oatway last season that effectively forced them out look rather shortsighted. The 3 B's ( Bloom, Barber and Burke ) need to come clean on what is really going on at the club now. I said it at the end of last season and I'll say it again now - something is seriously wrong at the club.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
If it's lined up, there could be an announcement tonight !

For no reason other than prior NSC rumour I reckon it's Mackay or Zola.

They could announce quickly, especially if they have been aware for some time that he was going.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here