Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can everyone stop shitting their pants please.....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
We haven't scored away for 10 hours and haven't really looked like it either.
Our victory's have come against teams at the right time (West Ham (Bilic), Swansea (Clement), depleted Watford etc).
Our only pace is Izquierdo and he's been asked to support Bong for most of his time here who is in no way good enough for the PL imo
AK and Solly are struggling to believe in themselves going forward but with the amount of defending they do, is it any wonder?
We sit back when we have the lead and it has costed us (Bournemouth x2, Everton)
We haven't got the firepower needed to beat Palace, Stoke and Burnley at home.
Hughton's policy of everyone back at corners is completely failing and shows no signs of changing
We have and are failing badly with recruiting a forward.

I'm not shitting the bed but as things are we're down. West Brom, Stoke (with a new manager) will get more points than us. That said one signing and a bit of confidence can change all that. We're Brighton. We fight back.

Agree with this. I am not pant shitting as was fairly sure we would go down when no striker signed in August. It could all change but it is looking hauntingly like Boro last season: arguably trending worse as the set pieces keep flying in at our end and FA going in at the other. Yes, a striker might make a difference but he isn’t going to score a hat trick to overcome conceding two set pieces. CH, Bruno et al. keep trotting out that they train for set pieces, but they don’t panic in games when defending them. They say it but it surely can’t be true.

I remember TB at FF about three seasons ago saying we would be relegated from PL if we got there. Doubt he meant after a season, but we have not built ourselves up to stay up. JI has not been the glory signing we hoped (and nor might a striker) and CH has not IMO understood the need to have a go. Bar Liverpool, we don’t get hammered, we just lose or draw by conceding goals that CH constantly moans about but seems unable to stop, and showing limited threat at the other end.

We will be a force again in Championship because of the wage cap and not going silly on transfers. Perhaps we can do a Burnley but I just cannot see where the spark that could change things this season is going to come from. Hate to be negative, but the facts staring us in the face just do not inspire.

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Anybody who has just noticed we might be relegated hasn't been paying attention. Prior to beating Watford we were third favourites to go down so things haven't got a lot worse.
My biggest worry is recruitment. While we have improved the depth of the squad we haven't really improved the first team at all. If we are going to stay in the Premier League longer team, that needs to change.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Can everyone stop shitting their pants please.....

stock-photo-man-with-smartphone-sitting-on-the-toilet-176331140.png Solved. :thumbsup:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
As things stand we must be favourites for the drop & CH has a massive amount to sort out.

Though we regularly rotate our wide players, centrally we've relied on six players all season (Ryan, D&D, Propper, Gross & Stephens) and all six are now tired and being constantly found out. We're way too negative, we have no settled back four because we can't seem to decide who our best left back is, Izquierdo seems to have smashed our team spirit and Knocky is back in incredible sulk mode. But then I would be too if I was being asked to play wing back to protect a 37 year old or whoever won the coin toss this week and got to start at left back. Add to that only having three strikers, two of whom have the pace of a crippled guinea pig and you can see we've been in a false position most of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
As things stand we must be favourites for the drop & CH has a massive amount to sort out.

Though we regularly rotate our wide players, centrally we've relied on six players all season (Ryan, D&D, Propper, Gross & Stephens) and all six are now tired and being constantly found out. We're way too negative, we have no settled back four because we can't seem to decide who our best left back is, Izquierdo seems to have smashed our team spirit and Knocky is back in incredible sulk mode. But then I would be too if I was being asked to play wing back to protect a 37 year old or whoever won the coin toss this week and got to start at left back. Add to that only having three strikers, two of whom have the pace of a crippled guinea pig and you can see we've been in a false position most of the season.

I don’t think that’s the sort of post the OP intended for NSCers to write.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If we really want to go to town I'd add that we're missing, due to injury / relevant ability our calming, rational leaders. Kayal, Sidwell and Rosenior were pivotal at times in the two great Championship seasons for just calming things down and showing the way. I know they'll still be at the training ground but it's not quite the same thing.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

cute-animal-pictures-guinea-pigs-chewing-grass-animated-gif.gif How rude. :lolol:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Clearly the chairman and the manager are trying to get the right players in. I for one have absolute faith that they will be successful.

They haven't done a bad job so far over the last 3 years have they

Yes they have been trying hard for about those 3 years to bring in a top striker, that the squad always required, not managed that yet have they?

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is it acceptable to just be weeing the bed a little?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Glenn Murray and Hemed don’t count then.

Of course they do but it’s only two and they were bought to get us out of the Championship. Why else would we have been preparing to sell Hemed before our failure to land a top striker? We do not have enough strikers let alone enough of the right quality.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Of course they do but it’s only two and they were bought to get us out of the Championship. Why else would we have been preparing to sell Hemed before our failure to land a top striker? We do not have enough strikers let alone enough of the right quality.

That wasn’t the OPs point . He and many others say that Albion and the recruitment team haven’t in recent years recruited any proven strikers . At all.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

Play Izquierdo up top with Propper in behind. bring in Kayal to fill the gap Propper leaves. defend higher up the pitch. Play march and knockhaert on either wing in a positive manner and see what happens.

Id like to see the 2 in midfield support the front players far quicker. This is the premier league and we want to stay there imo.

If we lose trying something different then its better than losing in the current manner imo.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I wonder how many of those currently soiling themselves so enthusuastically were convinced this time last year about Huddersfield beating us to automatic promotion....??

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
That wasn’t the OPs point . He and many others say that Albion and the recruitment team haven’t in recent years recruited any proven strikers . At all.

I think you will find that Murray is the only striker signing for the first team in close on three years. Baldock signed 2014 Hemed 2015

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here