Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Home Grounds

Which ground have you NOT visited, to watch Brighton play a home game?

• Goldstone

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • Priestfield

Votes: 49 92.5%
  • Withdean

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Falmer/Amex

Votes: 5 9.4%

• Total voters

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Goldstone, all terraces except West seats.
Gillingham, the open end only.
Withdean, lived away but made a couple of visits.
Amex, Yet to do West Upper or 1901 but parked my bum in all the others.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Didn't we technically play a "home" game at Griffin Park around 2000 due to the Withdean pitch being unplayable? Might have actually been against Brentford in one of the cups.

Edit: Beaten to it. Least I'm not making it up.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Just Priestfield for me - It's odd, I've been down here (lived in B&H 1995-2005) since about 1995 and I went to a couple of games at the Goldstone Ground but the Gillingham era, perhaps unsurprisingly, passed me by. I didn't really know any Brighton fans and it was pretty much pre internet, must have been very strange and difficult.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Perhaps I may have made this poll question a little too difficult for some.
If only I could have used bigger title letters for the "NOT" part of the question.

If you have been to all grounds, very well done you. However, this poll is not aimed at yourselves.

:wave:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
If only I could have used bigger title letters for the "NOT" part of the question.

If you have been to all grounds, very well done you. However, this poll is not aimed at yourselves.

So, who is it aimed at? and trying to prove what? It seems remarkably ill-conceived.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
I have been to all of them. I also had a season ticket at Priestfield.

The best thing I can remember about playing at the Priestfield was 5 mins before the end of each game a motorbike rider would turn up and stand just in front of where my seat was on the halfway line. A video tape of the match was then lowered to him from the small gantry above, using a piece of string. The rider would then take the video to the local news station. This is what the world was like kids, before the internet.

Last edited:

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton

Are you trying to find the posters who only followed the Albion since the Amex was born. Sounds something a Palace fan would post.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I have been to all of them. I also had a season ticket at Priestfield.

The best things I can remember about playing at the Priestfield was 5 mins before the end of each game a motorbike rider would turn up and stand just in front of where my seat was on the halfway line. A video tap of the match was then lowered to him from the small gantry above, using a piece of string. The rider would then thake the video to the local news station. This is what the world was like kids, before the internet.

Were you ever tempted to mug the courier and LEAK the video to a rival broadcaster.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Well I was born in 1987, but didn't really have much interest in football till I was about 15/16. That rules out the Goldstone and Priestfield for me. I did do the Withdean with my Dad a few times, and have had a season ticket at the Amex since it opened.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Are you trying to find the posters who only followed the Albion since the Amex was born. Sounds something a Palace fan would post.

'Ground' singular would suggest not as anyone who has only been to Falmer would not have been to three grounds. This poll will only capture those fans who have been to Falmer, Withdean and Priestfield. Therefore it follows that these fans will have begun supporting whilst we were at Priestfield. I'm thinking it will only be a handful so perhaps [MENTION=17571]StonehamPark[/MENTION] is
looking for a long lost friend or relative ? :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here