• A little too warm if I'm honest

Votes: 97 39.3%
  • Ridiculously hot, bring on Autumn

Votes: 51 20.6%

• Total voters

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It was a bloody nightmare today, 3 hours from Southwick to Acton today. Even longer home when the car over heated and had to get the AA out! Good luck.

I like 28-30 ideally but will put up with this no problem. Death Valley last September, however, was 51c (123.8f), was like walking into a brick wall when leaving air conned places! Lovely in a convertible mustang with the top down and air con on though!��

I did a month in North Acton recently, I feel your pain.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I much prefer jumper weather .

Still things aren't as bad as they used to be, for those that commute from London Bridge may remember the days of the old slam door trains, where the first Littlehampton train after 5pm had spent all day in the sidings with the windows closed, and there was a mad rush to sit on the east side of the train (not the sun side) next to a window that opened. Even then it was like sitting in a sauna with your work clothes on for the whole journey home.

I firmly believe that when the mercury rises to above 20 it should be a compulsory wear flip flops and shorts to work day

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Our office was so hot they had to keep the doors to the server room open for fear of the whole thing shorting out.

That said 'building management' only have themselves to blame; they (like Cricket Groundsman/umpires) fail to embrace the 21st century and have clearly no access to anyone of the myriad of weather apps to determine that it was going to be hotter than a scantily clad Scarlett Johansson this weekend and turned the aircon off.

Sometimes right, sometimes wrong but ALWAYS certain

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
40C + every day here in Andalucia but nice dry heat and always a breeze - loving it.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Generally. it's fine as usually, I have nothing better to do than sit in the garden enjoying the odd beer.

Today, however, I had to go into central London. By Train. The juxtaposition of rail travel and hot weather is generally a recipe for disaster. And so it proved. As I KNEW it would.

Lulled into a false sense of security by my first train leaving on time, but by the time we crawled through Haywards Heath, something was amiss, Trackside fire closed fast line. Train crawled asthmatically to East Croydon. Cheerful guard says he hopes we'll make up a bit of time after East Croydon, but no. Deformed rail. One hour journey took over two. Same story on way back. Earlier fire meant delay and cancellations and crowded trains. At least the air con seemed to be working.

It's many, many years since I worked in the City. Those who have to commute daily have my respect and sympathy.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
It was great at the weekend sitting in the garden, but struggled a bit today working.
I really enjoy being outside in the evening after a hot day.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Bloody stupidly hot. I have a reputation to keep you know. Much more of this and I'll have to change my username :rant:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Generally. it's fine as usually, I have nothing better to do than sit in the garden enjoying the odd beer.

Today, however, I had to go into central London. By Train. The juxtaposition of rail travel and hot weather is generally a recipe for disaster. And so it proved. As I KNEW it would.

Lulled into a false sense of security by my first train leaving on time, but by the time we crawled through Haywards Heath, something was amiss, Trackside fire closed fast line. Train crawled asthmatically to East Croydon. Cheerful guard says he hopes we'll make up a bit of time after East Croydon, but no. Deformed rail. One hour journey took over two. Same story on way back. Earlier fire meant delay and cancellations and crowded trains. At least the air con seemed to be working.

It's many, many years since I worked in the City. Those who have to commute daily have my respect and sympathy.
Honestly the trains have been dangerous the past few days, I got 3 separate trains back from London yesterday just to brake up the unbearable journey , work has been horrendous working in a roof space!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Stayed in a hotel in Caerphilly last night, no air con and it was hotter in my room that outside at 11pm. Two words..... Betty Swollocks.

In a Hotel in Swansea next to the water tonight and thank feck it has Air con!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here