Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

George Boyd??

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
See on SSN ticker Boyd available. We all talked about him when CMS arrived. I would still think now with prem experience he'd be a good shout!

I agree......

IF we were in The Championship or even League One.

I'd wager that we're looking at better players than him at this current time. Besides, as already mentioned - He's a pikey.

It's a big NO THANKS from me.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
If we have asperations to stay up, we need to be aiming to be as good as Burnley IMHO.
If Pikey Boyd isnt good enough for them, then I dont think he;s good enough for us.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I'd have said the same four years ago and think we should be looking at someone similar, but:
Nearly 32. Very, very average at that level.

I think we could and should do a lot better.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
He's a good pro . I wouldn't be jumping for joy but I wouldn't be dissatisfied either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I thought it was now about shaking the Sky money tree now we are Premier League

I imagine it's all more complicated than we can even begin to understand and nowhere near as simple as we all thought. Loads of dosh, some great players incoming, nah it's gonna be way more difficult than that!

We are not Bournemouth you know, but I'm sure by the start of the season we will have some added quality but hopefully not old journeymen from Hull, Sunderland and Boro. I don't see us spending anywhere near 10 million on a player though.

Last edited:

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
We already have much better wingers. I trust CH and Bloom are planning on bringing a higher standard than what we already have. Quality instead of quantity is the way forward now.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I agree......

IF we were in The Championship or even League One.

I'd wager that we're looking at better players than him at this current time. Besides, as already mentioned - He's a pikey.

It's a big NO THANKS from me.

Well, for a pikey he has stayed in the same place for a long time, six years at Peterborough, and nearly three at Burnley.

Edit . . . Just noticed, a Posh pikey lol.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He's Palace. For **** sake. Can't believe we are in a day and age where people say that doesn't matter. He's SCUM.

It doesn't matter, who a player supports, or who he has played for in the past. Crystal Palace are simply a rival football club, no more no less.

They aren't even natural rivals of ours, just a manufactured nonsense that arose over one match against them back in the late seventies.

If you are intent on hating anybody, make it that lot about 50 miles along the coast.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Jesus Christ some well past it players being mentioned on here lately. There's a high chance we could go down. I would rather sign players who are younger who gives us a chance to bounce back ie Burnley if we do get relegated. I really don't want Huddlestone/Boyd,Snodgrass etc who want there last final big pay day

Give me Will Hughes any day

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Jesus Christ some well past it players being mentioned on here lately. There's a high chance we could go down. I would rather sign players who are younger who gives us a chance to bounce back ie Burnley if we do get relegated. I really don't want Huddlestone/Boyd,Snodgrass etc who want there last final big pay day

It's as almost those that are prepared to welcome an old has been wish for instant relegation back to the Championship!

Luckily Tony and CH are calling the shots and not NSC! :lol:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
It's as almost those that are prepared to welcome an old has been wish for instant relegation back to the Championship!

Luckily Tony and CH are calling the shots and not NSC! :lol:

We are in no positing to start spunking 6 - 7 million on players who have hit 30 plus. We have to be shrewd about it.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill

I think that is quite honestly the plan B. Buy promising players and if we are relegated so be it, but look to come back the next season. Championship promotion is likely more exciting than Premier League survival anyway. Further I am not convinced we see Stockwell as a No 1 for next season and hence the contract issues. If I was the manager I would not have been happy with that 'last minute' blip against Villa.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Huddlestone/Boyd/Snodgass, what do those three players all have in common? Plenty of recent Premier League experience is what. Something that we are going to need oodles of, if we are going to survive more than one season in our new division.

How much does Will Hughes have? answer, none. A player who, promising though he was, has never made the Derby first team on a weekly basis.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here