Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Why would my reason be any different? I work hard for the little that I have. Call it selfish but I've never been given anything for free. Unfortunately I believe you have to work hard in society to achieve things and that's what I do. I don't really want to then be giving it all away just because someone else has decided they want what I have but don't want to work for it.
Want what you have ? You sound like you think you're different than everyone else with this incredible work ethic you have. There are millions like you. You sound like you're doing Stewart Lee material. Many people work hard but are exploited with ridiculously low wages, maybe disabled, maybe struggling on a small state pension. Stop thinking about yourself as if you are going to become some sort of millionaire entrepreneur. Chances are you won't. I've been self employed for 35 years and worked hard but I still want a fair state and don't bleat on about labour stifling me. They never have.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Why would my reason be any different? I work hard for the little that I have. Call it selfish but I've never been given anything for free. Unfortunately I believe you have to work hard in society to achieve things and that's what I do. I don't really want to then be giving it all away just because someone else has decided they want what I have but don't want to work for it.

Ok stop right there! How dare you speak sense!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Want what you have ? You sound like you think you're different than everyone else with this incredible work ethic you have. There are millions like you. You sound like you're doing Stewart Lee material. Many people work hard but are exploited with ridiculously low wages, maybe disabled, maybe struggling on a small state pension. Stop thinking about yourself as if you are going to become some sort of millionaire entrepreneur. Chances are you won't. I've been self employed for 35 years and worked hard but I still want a fair state and don't bleat on about labour stifling me. They never have.

You'll never see a Labour government in you're lifetime, if they can't win under yesterday's circumstances they'll never win [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
You'll never see a Labour government in you're lifetime, if they can't win under yesterday's circumstances they'll never win [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Let's say in 6 months time we end up back at the ballot box again because May can't get anything done and her party is arguing about Europe again. You confident?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I've never bleated anything about labour I nearly pointed out why I voted like I did in an much earlier post, and your jumping in on the wrong end of it.
I've worked low wage jobs, I've re educated off my own back as I had previously explained and had assistance from conservative schemes along they way as I pointed out in an earlier thread. I also said I don't have a lot of cash and doubt I ever will so I doubt I'll ever become a millionaire either unless seagulls lotto comes good. I doubt I work harder than everyone in the world and I've never tried to pretend there are not millions of others who like yourself work hard as well. I pointed out wh I voted conservative and not once in this thread have I slagged of anyone who see's life differently to myself.
So to sit and try and judge me is pretty poor tbh.
You would of seen that I support my vote with my opinion. Not everyone will agree with and that's their right, likewise I don't judge anyone who voted differently, we are a democracy after all and we are all free to vote how we like.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I know it's really tempting to throw this terrorism stuff back at the Tories but if it is wrong to have a pop at Corbyn over the IRA, then it is wrong. If the Tories have the front to bring it up again after getting into bed with the DUP then more fool them.

The DUP has philosophical and corruption issues both of which are current that we can have a field day with should we choose to.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Do not underestimate that young people feel they lost out at the Referendum because they couldn't be bothered.

That's a pretty good lesson for them to learn young.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Keep backing someone into a corner whilst prodding them with a stick and eventually they'll fight back!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Students, of course, don't work hard. It's only those from Middle Earth that do so.

I wasn't trying to suggest they don't work hard just that many people vote for all parties because of self-interest. It was interesting that the younger voters didn't turn out in the numbers expected in the referendum despite all the talk of it being their future etc But they are queueing round the polling station to vote for someone promising to pay off all their student loans.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I wasn't trying to suggest they don't work hard just that many people vote for all parties because of self-interest. It was interesting that the younger voters didn't turn out in the numbers expected in the referendum despite all the talk of it being their future etc But they are queueing round the polling station to vote for someone promising to pay off all their student loans.
I think a lot of people didn't vote in the EU saga because they couldn't pick between all the lies

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I know it's really tempting to throw this terrorism stuff back at the Tories but if it is wrong to have a pop at Corbyn over the IRA, then it is wrong. If the Tories have the front to bring it up again after getting into bed with the DUP then more fool them.

The DUP has philosophical and corruption issues both of which are current that we can have a field day with should we choose to.
They had the front to bring it up after cosying up to the Saudis for an arms deal.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
They had the front to bring it up after cosying up to the Saudis for an arms deal.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
This Ireland nonsense and the PRESS THE BUTTON farce remind me of (probably misquoted)

'Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with their experience.'

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here