Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Green Party

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Their IMG_1936.PNGManfiesto is hilarious

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I think you'll find you're blaming the wrong person for Meat Free Mondays. It was the local Green party when running the local council that introduced it - not Caroline Lucas.

That's what I thought, wasn't it KitKrap? Think the binmen went mental over it

Caroline Lucas is a seriously impressive local MP. Total and utter respect to the good doctor.

Tho would be an interesting experiment to see how she fared in a less leafy, more gritty constituency.

Pretty easy to vote Green (as I did) when you're surrounded by greenery.

EXACTLY!

larus

Ignoring the environment is a genius national security strategy - be much more tricky for terrorists to undertake attacks underwater!

image.gif

Hmm, so no change in the rate since man made emissions of CO2 increased. Please explain what caused the increase to start about 200 years ago, and why they aren't increasing now if we're making we're planet so much warmer.

Just doesn't stack up to me. Forget the 'spin', look at the facts.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
You missed out the Yorkshire Party, another localised party they also managed to beat in terms of total votes. And they absolutely mullered the Official Monster Raving Loony Party.

But yes, you're correct. Outside of Brighton Pavilion they were totally rejected by the electorate, 1.6% is truly pathetic; it barely even qualifies them as a 'minor' party.

Mind you they did do better than UKIP in terms of MPs. Perhaps Caroline Lucas can speak up for the truly disenfranchised and start adopting some UKIP policies? :)

Rejected? More like Green voters, voted for the greater good. Brighton Pavilion was the only realistic win (regardless of the Bristol optimism) so voting either Labour (who were worth voting for this time) or the Lib Dems if neccessary meant Greens voted elsewhere. I voted Green as live in Pavilion and wanted Caroline returned to parliament. If I lived in Hove or kemptown I would have voted Labour but that does not diminish my support for the Greens. In a FPTP system these are the considerations you have to make as a voter for one of the 'minor' parties.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
That's what I thought, wasn't it KitKrap? Think the binmen went mental over it

He was indeed the council leader at the time. Then when things got tough he scuttled of to Crunch Accountants and now holds a senior role at Essex County Council. Essex are welcome to the little twit although I'm sure the taxpayers there will object to paying £150k for the privilege of having him !

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That's what I thought, wasn't it KitKrap? Think the binmen went mental over it!

Leaving aside the local issues, i'm sure we can all agree that we have been truly blessed with some local politicians with truly MAGNIFICENT names. I'm thinking...

- Jason Kitcat!

- Dave Lepper!

- Nimrod Ping!

As I say, we are truly BLESSED! :clap:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Leaving aside the local issues, i'm sure we can all agree that we have been truly blessed with some local politicians with truly MAGNIFICENT names. I'm thinking...

- Jason Kitcat!

- Dave Lepper!

- Nimrod Ping!

And Phelim MacCafferty - is his first name really pronounced 'flem' ?? :lolol:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think you'll find you're blaming the wrong person for Meat Free Mondays. It was the local Green party when running the local council that introduced it - not Caroline Lucas.

So I guess the Green MP would not advocate what the Green local council would introduce?

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes

- Jason Kitcat!

- Dave Lepper!

- Nimrod Ping!

Oddly enough I came across Nimrod Ping's grave recently ... think it was St Margaret's Rottingdean, where Gary Moore's.

Also wasn't there a bloke called Pink Daffodil aswell?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Some of you need to be careful with what you're saying otherwise you'll be feeling the sharp side of TLO's tongue !

Diddums.

Indeed - you'd expect Hove to be a Green area as Brighton Pav's direct neighbour but they were CRUSHED yesterday.

Parts of Hove ARE Green areas. However, it was more important to elect a Labour MP for Hove.

Blimey. You reallt do have your finger on the pulse, don't you? Phelim MacCafferty (incredible you're having trouble reading such a simple name) stood as it was felt standing two candidates down in the city was taking a liberty with the members. He hardly canvassed, and wasn't upset about losing.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Last Wednesday renewable sources generated over 50% of our energy, and more and more renewable generation sites are being built across the country
That included Nuclear energy right? Not sure the Greens think that's the best form of energy.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Poor little Ian, getting it wrong again.

It was council officers who introduced Meat Free Mondays, who jumped the gun on the plan. The Green Party wanted to introduce it, but not until they felt council workers were up for it.

Still, what's a little re-writing of history?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Agreed. They actually got less votes overall than UKIP, which shows how relevant they are. The bottom line is they only do (even remotely) well in places where there is a high proportion of smug, comfortable middle class virtue-signallers. Being an anti-industry party they get absolutely stuffed in working class constituencies. Lucas is an aberration.

You were being very silly with that post, until you got to the bit I highlighted in bold.

Then you started lying.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Oddly enough I came across Nimrod Ping's grave recently ... think it was St Margaret's Rottingdean, where Gary Moore's.

Also wasn't there a bloke called Pink Daffodil aswell?
How about that Tory chap who retained his seat in Aberconwy last night?

Straight outta the Star Wars Cantina, Guto Bebb.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here