Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale OFF ***to Birmingham - Official***

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Both Dunk and Stockdale would definitely have made quite a few errors this season, but most cannot be recalled as they didn't result in goals conceded. But that would be out of countless hundreds of decisions made and actions taken. Both had outstanding seasons and were pivotal to our best season in almost 40 years.

Exactly, you can add every player onto a mistakes thread, its pointless and stupid when we have had the best season we have ever had.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Of course many have already forgotten this record

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/weisseweste keeper stats.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Christ there's far better out there and time to focus on that as he will make many mistakes next season.Hes brilliant on his day and had a great defence ahead of him but I honestly believe we need someone better than stockdale.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I really hope he signs... he had a great season, and is obviously a key part of our team's #together spirit...

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I really hope he signs... he had a great season, and is obviously a key part of our team's #together spirit...

He is a good keeper but we need to be I a position of strength. If he is offered an improved offer NOW he needs to take it or look for employment elsewhere, which he would do no doubt, but would it be a better opotunity play Premier League football?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Christ there's far better out there and time to focus on that as he will make many mistakes next season.Hes brilliant on his day and had a great defence ahead of him but I honestly believe we need someone better than stockdale.

Care to share the names of these "far better" keepers that we could sign if Stockdale leaves? I think you might struggle :shrug:

We will obviously get by and we might sign an excellent keeper but I doubt that he will be "far better" otherwise we would have released Stockdale and done it..

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I wonder how long Tony has given him to decided... that time must be approaching to give us sufficient time to replace him should he leave.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Care to share the names of these "far better" keepers that we could sign if Stockdale leaves? I think you might struggle.
Cortois? Cech? De Gea? Joe Hart? Only joking - quite agree with the point you are making.

If we do have to get a keeper in to replace Stockdale (and I hope he stays) I suppose Boruc from B'muff might be a possibility now they've made a big-money GK signing. Like Stockdale, he has his moments (!) but would, I guess, be a realistic possibility.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I wonder how long Tony has given him to decided... that time must be approaching to give us sufficient time to replace him should he leave.
The significant dates are June 9th when the transfer window officially opens, and July 1st when Stockdale would stop being an albion player.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Care to share the names of these "far better" keepers that we could sign if Stockdale leaves? I think you might struggle :shrug:

We will obviously get by and we might sign an excellent keeper but I doubt that he will be "far better" otherwise we would have released Stockdale and done it..

Kieren Westwood -- Sheff Weds
Oliver Baumann - 1899 Hoffenheim
Rene Adler - Hamburger SV

And IF Pickford were to go to Arsenal (some reports that they are interested) there is potential to get him on loan

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

That's my concern too. With only five weeks until he is a free agent, we need to have plans in place to find another competent keeper. It's a core position in the team, and capable, (and available), Premier League goalkeepers are difficult to find.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
That's my concern too. With only five weeks until he is a free agent, we need to have plans in place to find another competent keeper. It's a core position in the team, and capable, (and available), Premier League goalkeepers are difficult to find.

The thing I think we'll find difficult to adequately replace is his distribution.. at times he's been outstanding at hitting BHAFC players with long passes.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010

I would like to think we have already started looking for a replacement. Hopefully he will stay but the longer it goes on the more chance of him leaving.

Other clubs must be aware of his situation and making offers to his agent, but DS can hold out for as long as he wants. However, there must be a point where we will withdraw our offer and move on.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I would like to think we have already started looking for a replacement. Hopefully he will stay but the longer it goes on the more chance of him leaving.

Other clubs must be aware of his situation and making offers to his agent, but DS can hold out for as long as he wants. However, there must be a point where we will withdraw our offer and move on.

I'm sure the excellent recruitment mechanisms within the club (how things have changed since Burke was here, eh?) will have been in motion for weeks if not months on this.

I'm sure the point who refer to is not far off.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Kieren Westwood -- Sheff Weds
Oliver Baumann - 1899 Hoffenheim
Rene Adler - Hamburger SV

And IF Pickford were to go to Arsenal (some reports that they are interested) there is potential to get him on loan

Adler is an interesting one as he is looking for a new club, the other two are contracted so not necessarily available.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here