Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

Sorry - whats so funny? Having lurched to the right amd consumed ukip, plus with the lib dems showing no signs of recovery, there is only one real opposition in england.

And i say this as someone who does not support jeremy corbyn

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Yes, all Tories are evil in some way.
All Labour are unwashed put upon scavengers
All Limp Dems are gay hippies.

Or off course we could all grow up listen to each other arguments, and stop acting like 5 year olds.

But I am tory and voted for Brexit, which to some on here means, I dont care about anyone other than me, I want children to live in poverty, and I was the NHS destroyed and all immigrates and disabled people either deported, or better still burned alive to provide me with cheap heating for the left wing of my mansion, just in case I deceide to visit one of the hundred rooms there, that I have unoccupied this winter. :tosser: s

You forgot to add you want to murder all foxes.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Between 1997-2005 when Blair was leader, child poverty was halved.

In 2011, the Trussel Trust gave out 128,697 three day emergency food supplies to people in crisis. In the last year it gave out 1,182,954.

I think it's pretty clear which party does best at helping people out of poverty.

It was not meant to be a competition. I was merely replying to a poster that seemed to think that poverty etc did not happen under Labour's watch.
I see you conveniently left out stats for housing.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
I didnt say they were going to win but with 48% tory and 34% labour that means there is only one opposition party.

I am hearing a lot of people saying they thought they wouldnt vote labour under corbyn but will now because there are no other alternatives to them

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Reading the manifesto sound bites, the country is really ****ed and they are taking on the nhs hierachy, as well as passing social care to the families rather than the state.

I think this election will be closer that it's showing. Spend with the communist corbyn or more austerity and **** em attitude by the right wing may!

Interesting times.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Despite going to Iraq Labour got 40.8% in that election, now we're Brexitting out of a plane with no parachute. History is repeating itself but with the Tories.

40.8 was 2001. 35.2 was 2005

Majority went from 160 seats to 66

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
'Strong and stable' mentioned 13 times.

did you rub yourself furiously every time you counted another " strong and stable" in the manifesto?
you must have run out of kleenex by the time you decided to share this vital information with NSC.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
You forgot to add you want to murder all foxes.

Oh yer. All tories want to murder foxes.

To be honest I couldn't give a **** about Fox Hunting. I think there are a lot more important issues to sort out, before we worry about a few dickheads on horses, hunting countryside vermin, which would probably, or probably are being killed more slowly and painfully by poison laid out by farmers.

Personally I think you got to a be a bit sick in the head to want to fox hunt, but each to their own.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
did you rub yourself furiously every time you counted another " strong and stable" in the manifesto?
you must have run out of kleenex by the time you decided to share this vital information with NSC.

Thanks ever so much for your charming reply.

I just did a search on "strong and stable" on the pdf document and it returned 13 results.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
So why do you vote Tory?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Because I believe they are the only party who can run the economy, and is the fairest party for everyone. And without a strong economy, there can be no extra money to fund the things that badly need funding in this country,

Because I think the Labour party is no longer relevant. The only reason IMO why they have gone so far to the left, is because moving more to the right, merges them into the Tories, which is what and how Blair won in 1997.

Because I don't agree with spend spend spend policies of Labour, because in the end the monies got to come from somewhere.

Personally I think the EU is the biggest evil we have ever seen, and now we are coming out, we can generate more wealth and taxes for the country, which in turn pays for the social care, poverty stricken children, and the NHS. I think a few years after Brexit, this country will have a massive surplus, and spending on those things the left want at the moment will be possible, buy until then its batten down the hatches, and see out the storm.

When this happens, I think Labour will be even more irrelevant, but we do need something in opposition to keep the government in check, and at the moment as much as the lefties want to dream, we do not have it.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
"The British public deserves to have confidence in our democracy. We will legislate to ensure that a form of identification must be presented before voting, to reform postal voting and to improve other aspects of the elections process to ensure that our elections are the most secure in the world. We will retain the traditional method of voting by pencil and paper, and tackle every aspect of electoral fraud."

Photo ID required then? Over 7% of people don't have any.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Sorry - whats so funny? Having lurched to the right amd consumed ukip, plus with the lib dems showing no signs of recovery, there is only one real opposition in england.

And i say this as someone who does not support jeremy corbyn

The funny bit is that people actually think that the current Labour Party will be capable of 1. providing a credible opposition, or 2. forming a government. Jezza's ideals are great, we all want a perfect NHS, an amazing education service and Utopia by 2025. Some people want this at any cost (Momentum/JC/young people), others realise that everything is not possible and have learned that you have to make choices in life. Currently in the UK the second group outnumber the first considerably.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
"The British public deserves to have confidence in our democracy. We will legislate to ensure that a form of identification must be presented before voting, to reform postal voting and to improve other aspects of the elections process to ensure that our elections are the most secure in the world. We will retain the traditional method of voting by pencil and paper, and tackle every aspect of electoral fraud."

Photo ID required then? Over 7% of people don't have any.

I'm sure they will be given the opportunity to get some.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here