Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua "keen on a move"

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The club don't need to sell him so I can't see us accepting a low-ball offer for him, I'm sure they value him at around £1.5m+. That being said, I'd be greedy and keep him, it's a long season and we can't bank on Knockaert et al staying fit. Kaz is a very good understudy winger at this level.

A good idea to turn down £1.5M (not that we'd get hat much) and carry on paying him maybe £ half a million a year, for mainly not playing? Doesn't sound like good business to me.

It's not like we're Man. City or Chelsea who can just afford to keep buying players just to stop them playing for anybody else.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Fleetwood have investment and Rosler is a big admirer of KLL. Wouldn't be a huge surprise to see him go there.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Don't really rate him, although he has had great spells, most notably last August.

Goes to ground far too easily, would rather draw a foul than run at goal.

It's a shame as he has the skill and technique to work his way around a defence and shoot/play the ball into a striker in the box, but maybe he's not confident enough?

Would rather have him on the bench over getting £2m for him to a Championship rival.

Don't think he would go to a direct rival in terms of a team finishing in a similar position to us. If anything he would go to a mid-table or lower side and might help take a few points off sides closer to us in the league?

I would sell at anything around a million. 4 other better quality wingers already here plus Bjordal, Tilley and also Baldock has played well there previously when Hughton first took over as an emergency option.

Sad if he went as he's got great ability but I don't think we'll ever see it consistently because of his injuries.

Money towards other areas of the pitch in my eyes :shrug:

el punal

Sad as it is, with Kaz perhaps seeking a move, it shows how much the club have stepped up in player recruitment over the last year or so. As been posted LuaLua is fourth or fifth choice in the selection stakes. Roman Ince can't get a look in. JFC off to pastures new. These were the players that were automatic first team choices in the not too distant past.

The problem with Kaz is he has always has been inconsistent. You never know which Kaz is gonna turn up. He does have good speed, and he can attack defenders if he is feeling confident in his game. More often than not, his efforts end in a shot over the bar, or a poor cross. Every now and again he will draw a foul, but the player you want taking the free kick is his replacement Skalak.
He did have a great start to last season. But his understanding with Bong was overstated. He is selfish, and didn't play well with Bong unless Bong forced his hand. He scored a few goals, but some were a little jammy, and for every goal, he also got himself a yellow card too, which shows his lack of discipline.
IMO, he was a class player in league one, but he has not improved since we got promoted, and the team are so much better now, and they have now left him behind. If we can get a decent figure for him, then we need to sell him and move on. I would imagine he is more likely to go out on loan though.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Roman Ince can't get a look in. JFC off to pastures new. These were the players that were automatic first team choices in the not too distant past.

roman.jpg

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
A good idea to turn down £1.5M (not that we'd get hat much) and carry on paying him maybe £ half a million a year, for mainly not playing? Doesn't sound like good business to me.

It's not like we're Man. City or Chelsea who can just afford to keep buying players just to stop them playing for anybody else.

If we have any ambition to be promoted we need strength in depth, I don't think the club are in any rush to sell him and if no one meets their valuation of Kaz (which definitely isn't as low as £500k as some have suggested), then why sell him? We aren't in a particularly poor financial state, and I doubt his wages are crippling the club.

Sure, if we need to free up some wages to bring in a better player than Kaz, then sell him. But at the moment, I don't see any merit in selling him without bringing in a replacement.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sad as it is, with Kaz perhaps seeking a move, it shows how much the club have stepped up in player recruitment over the last year or so. As been posted LuaLua is fourth or fifth choice in the selection stakes. Roman Ince can't get a look in. JFC off to pastures new. These were the players that were automatic first team choices in the not too distant past.

IMO, he was a class player in league one, but he has not improved since we got promoted, and the team are so much better now, and they have now left him behind. If we can get a decent figure for him, then we need to sell him and move on. I would imagine he is more likely to go out on loan though.

Don't think he would go to a direct rival in terms of a team finishing in a similar position to us. If anything he would go to a mid-table or lower side and might help take a few points off sides closer to us in the league. Money towards other areas of the pitch in my eyes.
This, this and this. Yes, he was a star player when we first got him, but the club (and the team) have moved on. Now, the team is better than LuaLua - just because people loved it when he first arrived doesn't alter the fact that we now need better than him. He's not our star turn any more.

He's been good here. Time to go now

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Cracking player on his day. I would want him to stay as when fully fit he is one of our most exciting players. I love it when he has two or three players around him and still burst through. His injuries are a concern but 15-20 games at his best is worth keeping him for.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
But at the moment, I don't see any merit in selling him without bringing in a replacement.

Without a replacement? - March, Bjordal. And if we get the marquee number 10/ fast, goal scoring nippy forward signing we're all hoping for, we know that Baldock can function very well at wide left, and in terms of wide midfielders, LR had some pretty good games there last year too (on the right, admittedly, but I believe Knocky can play on either wing, so could cover LM (if Jiri, Murphy, Solly and Baldock are all injured/suspended at the same time!)).

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Wherever he goes, it'll need to be a town with a Nandos.

I'm on the fence - happy if he stays but a decent offer could be good for all parties I reckon.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Without a replacement? - March, Bjordal. And if we get the marquee number 10/ fast, goal scoring nippy forward signing we're all hoping for, we know that Baldock can function very well at wide left, and in terms of wide midfielders, LR had some pretty good games there last year too (on the right, admittedly, but I believe Knocky can play on either wing, so could cover LM (if Jiri, Murphy, Solly and Baldock are all injured/suspended at the same time!)).

I suppose, but would much rather have LuaLua on the left over Baldock and Bjordal, and it would be a pain to have to play Liam in midfield considering how light we are on defenders. I guess it does come down to the fact I still rate Kaz and think he has the ability to win us points this season, he's a very good squad player and provides decent direct competition for places which benefits everyone IMO.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Bit premature to be talking about KLL as 5th choice, isn't it? Not only has he only played 20 mins of Championship football this year (when the game was already won), but Solly March has had a career threatening injury and will have been out of action for 9 months when he returns. Likelihood is that March won't be anywhere near the form he was in last autumn until at least January.

Anyway, 5 wingers isn't a bad number to have; we often have 4 in the Matchday squad, and they tend the first and most common tactical substitutions made.

Lack of strength in depth on the wings cost us last December more than having to play Calde at LB.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here