Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion LEGEND meets Albion LEGENDS

Jul 7, 2003
Either Uncle Buck has failed in his attempt to master the Princess Diana shy look away from the camera or he is looking a little tired and emotional,

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Then you shouldn't post on this forum ever again.

A number of the people in that photo and one in particular, gave up a great deal in those days. The work done by the 'footsoldiers' was just as important as that done by Harty and Paul Samrah.

I am pleased to say I have also hugged SIX of the people in that photo. Proper man-hugs, with tongues and everything.

Back to Stuart Storer - if he hadn't scored that goal, what happened at Hereford would have been a whole lot different. He can talk about the goal every day for the rest of his life.

[yt]KGlSBWh5-rI[/yt]

It is strange that because I admit to not knowing or recognizing some of the many that fought for our survival and saying so I am cast in a bad light. Nobody is decrying them or saying anything against them just that the word legends is used too freely and wrongly in my view especially with players.although I agree that because of his goal SS comes into that category. If they did more than others then perhaps it is appropriate to refer to them as legends. I am sure somebody will tell me of such deeds.

Jul 7, 2003
the word legends is used too freely and wrongly in my view

To be honest, when I opened the thread I expected to see a picture of one of the NSC Greyhounds with one of our players.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It is strange that because I admit to not knowing or recognizing some of the many that fought for our survival and saying so I am cast in a bad light. Nobody is decrying them or saying anything against them just that the word legends is used too freely and wrongly in my view especially with players.although I agree that because of his goal SS comes into that category. If they did more than others then perhaps it is appropriate to refer to them as legends. I am sure somebody will tell me of such deeds.

You never know when to stop digging.

You write stuff like this as if we are expected to read into it some sort of claim that you were backing the Club during the struggle to get to Falmer. The reality is that you spent those years taking every opportunity to distance yourself from the campaign and undermine Dick Knight's leadership of it.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
You never know when to stop digging.

Indeed. One of our group also said BG was a big Stanley supporter so we know which side his bread is buttered...

Anyway BG sod off you miserable shitbag. Its a celebration of a few Albion fans on a jolly to Berlin and just by chance Stuart Storer was in the same bar. What are the chances.

All those fans know Stuart because we were all there and one even did time over Belotti.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Centenary dinner. Somehow I managed to pass off as an official photographer. The pix are all analogue. I promise to scan and post at some point. The great man is in several. Many years ago, when I was with an apprentice Mrs Tackle (who failed probation) we had two gerbils. They were called Robbie and Stu. How we ever got past those dark football days is a mystery, and the many folk who gave their time and money have my eternal gratitude.

Funny thing isn't it? Although they were dark dark days for our club, both on and off the pitch, in many ways, they are the times in my Albion supporting 'career' that I look back upon with the fondest memories. We were all in it together somehow, players AND fans.

Does that make any kind of sense?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

You don't quite get self deprecation do you?

The photo, the Storer smile, the memories of THAT goal are inspirational.

Sent from Konnie Huq's lingerie drawer.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Funny thing isn't it? Although they were dark dark days for our club, both on and off the pitch, in many ways, they are the times in my Albion supporting 'career' that I look back upon with the fondest memories. We were all in it together somehow, players AND fans.

Absolute sense.

We were fighting, and sometimes it was fighting, for something that's a huge part of our life, that was dying before our eyes.

And we survived, against all odds.

Everyone in that photo made sacrifices for the Albion, some paid a heavy price, I salute them all.

Sent from Konnie Huq's lingerie drawer.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Indeed. One of our group also said BG was a big Stanley supporter so we know which side his bread is buttered...

Anyway BG sod off you miserable shitbag. Its a celebration of a few Albion fans on a jolly to Berlin and just by chance Stuart Storer was in the same bar. What are the chances.

All those fans know Stuart because we were all there and one even did time over Belotti.

This.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton

Absolutely, I met some good people during those times and through connections made some good friends...Especially when taking part in various protests, be those around the back of the West Stand or standing on the South-West terrace so as to hurl abuse at Bellotti amongst many, many more forms of action.

Agree with this completely. I am guessing [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] is still bitter at being laughed out of that BISA meeting for making a tit of himself all those years ago.

Oh and for the record, I have hugged 2 in that picture and both of them are Valders!

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Westminster BHA

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Agree with this completely. I am guessing [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] is still bitter at being laughed out of that BISA meeting for making a tit of himself all those years ago.

And he is STILL doing it now.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You write stuff like this as if we are expected to read into it some sort of claim that you were backing the Club during the struggle to get to Falmer. The reality is that you spent those years taking every opportunity to distance yourself from the campaign and undermine Dick Knight's leadership of it.

That is totally wrong. Through one of my companies I did some work for Greg Stanley at the Blue Peter Club so obviously had to deal with him. I was also asked to front a possible bid to buy the club and as such attended many meetings with him and Archer and the people with the finance in the consortium but agreement could not be reached as to the price. DK then took over and I had my reservations that he would have the finance or backing to take us forward to a new ground and always hoped for somebody else to step in, which TB did. However I like many others did what we considered to be our bit towards making the FA and club chairmen etc see our plight and help resolve it. I am not saying that I did any more or less than most just what I could and what I thought would help. I considered that DK had the heart for us but the finance for a senior non league club At no time did I try to undermine or hinder the moves to get us a new ground. The consortium that I was involved in did not see Falmer as the ideal place but once it was decided then it was all systems go and I backed that decision. Full credit to TB he has provided the money and the stadium for which we should all be proud but in the same time thanking DK for his stewardship of the club during the initial days. My only concern with DK was that he was estimated to be worth £2m hardly sufficient to run a football league team.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
That's what I miss nowadays, no reports of "we met such and such in this nightclub or this bar and the manager is a !! training is rubbish, all those ad hoc reports, which made the players seem part of the club.

That night after he scored that famous goal, me and my mates bumped in to him at the market diner. He was steaming! Hugging all of us and telling us how much he loved us while shouting SEAGULLS!!!!

Fair to say I love that man.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

That is totally wrong. Through one of my companies I did some work for Greg Stanley at the Blue Peter Club so obviously had to deal with him. I was also asked to front a possible bid to buy the club and as such attended many meetings with him and Archer and the people with the finance in the consortium but agreement could not be reached as to the price. DK then took over and I had my reservations that he would have the finance or backing to take us forward to a new ground and always hoped for somebody else to step in, which TB did. However I like many others did what we considered to be our bit towards making the FA and club chairmen etc see our plight and help resolve it. I am not saying that I did any more or less than most just what I could and what I thought would help. I considered that DK had the heart for us but the finance for a senior non league club At no time did I try to undermine or hinder the moves to get us a new ground. The consortium that I was involved in did not see Falmer as the ideal place but once it was decided then it was all systems go and I backed that decision. Full credit to TB he has provided the money and the stadium for which we should all be proud but in the same time thanking DK for his stewardship of the club during the initial days. My only concern with DK was that he was estimated to be worth £2m hardly sufficient to run a football league team.

I know which version I believe.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Absolutely, I met some good people during those times and through connections made some good friends...Especially when taking part in various protests, be those around the back of the West Stand or standing on the South-West terrace so as to hurl abuse at Bellotti amongst many, many more forms of action.

Oh and for the record, I have hugged 2 in that picture and both of them are Valders!

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Westminster BHA

Go on, we need details!

:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here