Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam Baldock signs for BHAFC 4 Year Deal!

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
CMS and COG must be thinking their opportunities will be numbered. If we get a good offer for CMS we should take it.

You should always have at least four strikers in my opinion. Leaves plenty of room to manoeuvre around suspensions, injuries and poor runs of form.

Also, where has this desire to sell CMS suddenly sprung up from? I've seen several posters comment something similar today and I can't imagine why. He's got talent, he's 100% committed and has the desire (see his '30 goals is the target' comment). Is he the 20-30 goal striker to lead us out of this division? Maybe not, but he is a damn good second option who I am delighted to see back and firing.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Very good signing for us, I am assuming that is it for this transfer window.....

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Seems, on paper, an incredibly similar signing to that of CMS a couple of years back.

Scored for fun in league 1, struggled a bit in a struggling Championship side.

Then again, we've paid about 1/3 of the fee (if their reports of just under £1m are true). Slight concern is that our only striker (COG) with a bit of presence doesn't fill me with any confidence at all (and yes, I've seen him a fair few times for Sheff Weds in this league).

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
So Assombalonga scored less than Baldock in a team that finished in the play offs as opposed to Bristol City who finished 12th, whilst playing for one of the most notoriously attacking teams in the country, and cost Forest £5.5m up front rising to £8m, and we've got baldock for £1m-£1.5m? This window has turned out great.

jjtbha

Oct 12, 2013
I thought Bristol City said they wanted close to 4 million so how comes we got him for 1.5 million?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
I thought Bristol City said they wanted close to 4 million so how comes we got him for 1.5 million?

ffp. Teams will soon have no choice but to sell.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
He reminds me of muller. Always well balanced and composed when scoring. He looks very neat with his passing play too. I imagine he'll be playing the nicky Forster role. Happy days.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
There will be some Championship centre-halves this season wondering what's hit them and why all these little guys are running rings around them.

On a different note maybe Sami is concerned about heading of the ball causing concussion and wants to limit the option of injuries. :moo:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Baldock is a fine signing - will be interesting to see if CMS fits into the plans

Fits into plans? What about starting every game apart from against Swindon and scoring 2 goals and looking sharp and up for it?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Very happy with the signing of Baldock. Fits perfectly with the football Sami clearly wants to play. Looking at the video of his goals on this thread, he's working the defence, getting in between gaps and scoring poachers goals. Exactly what we need.

I think he and CMS will compete for the main striker role and then O'Grady as an alternative. Corlunga will play further back, competing with the likes of KLL, March (when fit), Texeira, McCourt etc.

Very excited about the squad we've put together. Really annoyed I'm going to miss the Charlton game so won't see Baldock until the Brentford game!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here