Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could there be other terrorists working for London Underground ?

D

Deleted member 2719

Ah, your argument (such as it had any semblance of coherence) has been blown to pieces, so you resort to 'wake up and smell the coffee' - they're there because you said so, and then resort to talking meaningless twaddle about Corbyn. Outstanding rhetoric.

Meanwhile, assuming that there are 3,000 'jihadists' in the UK out of total population of 3m, that's one in 1,000. By the time you whittle it down to just adult men, that's closer to, say, 1 in 450. But it appears you're happy to tar the other 449 with the same badger's brush. Even more outstanding rhetoric.

I'm not sure you've actually though any of this through.

I mean, I mean, what about... Bruno? Big beard, played for a football team of a former Muslim city. :ohmy:

Seriously, you were more coherent when you were talking about free football shirts for seven year-olds.

Ha ha, picking the bits out that suit your argument again then TLO.

I said:

Yes, it's a bit tongue in cheek, but i am very much into body language and a beard is a mask at the end of the day, IMO you have a beard for just 4 reasons:

1) Fashion
2) lazy and don't wish to shave
3)To cover bad skin
4) As a mask to hide behind. (guilty)

This does not suggest that Bruno is a terrorist.

I would say you are close to slander there, it may be worth deleting that point.

YOU wear a BEARD don't you?

Just a feeling.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Wake up and smell the coffee, your living in your own bubble.

They are out there and they are coming for innocent people and you better open your eyes up because Corbyn and his pathetic pacifist views ain't going to protect or help anybody.

I'm in no bubble, thanks. This threat is all too real, and it affects all of our lives, however much we'd all love to kid ourselves that it won't.

The actual numbers are scarcely relevant. The thought of 3,000 people who'd like to kill me, is frankly terrifying. You can throw around incorrect higher figures to prove some unclear point, and it doesn't change anything, tbh - 3,000 was already far too many.

But putting that aside and addressing your point about 'Corbyn's pathetic pacifist views' - perhaps you might take yourself off and watch the video of his old speech, imploring the government not to dive headfirst into war in the middle East, and warning that it would only lead to a 'spiral of despair, and an increased threat of terrorism'. Perhaps we should have paid some heed to those pathetic pacifist views back then?

And if you really are worried about his 'views' not protecting you, then maybe take some comfort in his plans to reverse May's police funding cuts, instead - because that just might protect you.

D

Deleted member 2719

And if you really are worried about his 'views' not protecting you, then maybe take some comfort in his plans to reverse May's police funding cuts, instead - because that just might protect you.

For Corbyn and his advisers to keep banging on how the police cuts has put people in danger and suggest it would have stopped London/Manachester is wrong, yes 20,000 police cuts doesn't help certain situations, but not that one.
Even if we had another 500K police on the streets it would not have stopped this.

The bobbies ear to the ground theory helping get intelligence would have little effect, at the end of the day anyone wanting to grass a potential terrorist up knows where the cop shop is and you guessed it they even have a phone number.

We will not see eye to eye on this as it is far to passionate subject.

All i know is IF JC is negotiating our Brexit deal in a couple of weeks, we are going to be turned over good and proper.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
All i know is IF JC is negotiating our Brexit deal in a couple of weeks, we are going to be turned over good and proper.

That, again, is nonsense. Corbyn won't be negotiating the deal. Sir Keir Starmer would be. Starmer's credentials for the role are impeccable, and certainly in an entirely different league to May's dream team of Boris, Davis and Fox

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

You don't even know what he stands for, let alone how he would react in a negotiation. Secondly, he won't be doing the negotiations, he will send an experienced team who understand international politics, commerce and co-operation. At present, we have people in place who didn't even know how the relationship between the UK and EU operated, led by someone who really doesn't know what they stand for herself, who can't even face public scrutiny from her challenger.

So you 'know' this? And that's all you know? Can you provide first-hand, peer-tested evidence to prove this? If you can let us know exactly what Corbyn's team will be 'turned over good and proper' in a way that May's amateurs won't? Thanks.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
No, it wasn't. It was 'said on telly' by someone quoting the same figures those newspaper reports are - that the security services have (over an unspecified period of time) cast an eye over 23,000 people - as you'd expect - that's their job.

Of those, they (the security services) consider 3,000 to be 'a threat'. Now they may be wrong - some of those may be wrongly identified, and a load of others will surely remain undetected - but those ARE the figures 'we' (the country) have.

Anything else is ill-informed scare-mongering, designed to a. score political points, b.incite fear or c. sell newspapers

It was Amber Rudd on the Andrew Marr show 28/5/17 who said there were 23,500 jihadist in Britain accordto MI 5

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
In old school (which doesn't mean its wrong) never trust a man with a beard.

Rolf Harris, Peter Sutcliffe need i go on.

The latest beard trend has made it more difficult to weed out those that hid behind one.

Noel Edmonds ? I thought you had cracked it there until I thought of the lovely Roger Whitticker.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The most outrageous figure in those reports, if accurate, is that 400 people have returned here after fighting for terror groups overseas. That is simply astonishing that we've allowed that to happen.

Yeah but they may have fought for one of the terror groups we like. Maybe for the Sunni rebels propped up by Qatar and Saudi Arabia in Syria. I mean we gave the World Cup to one and the Queen and our government love the others.
I mean, we love the Free Syrian Army because they are fighting the Russian backed Assad government who we hate although they changed their name from Al-Nusra after originally being merged with Al-Qaeda. So we might have to ask them politely who they were killing before we let them back in.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yeah but they may have fought for one of the terror groups we like. Maybe for the Sunni rebels propped up by Qatar and Saudi Arabia in Syria. I mean we gave the World Cup to one and the Queen and our government love the others.
I mean, we love the Free Syrian Army because they are fighting the Russian backed Assad government who we hate although they changed their name from Al-Nusra after originally being merged with Al-Qaeda. So we might have to ask them politely who they were killing before we let them back in.

It is a ****ing MESS, for sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here